I am running desktop 4.7 on Vista 64bit (pearl 8100)

While installing I got the error that the MsOutlookConnector.fil file cannot register, together with 4 other registration errors.

When trying to set-up sync I can therefore not see the MS Outlook.

I tried the solution to run CMD as admin and type the following to register:

# C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    # Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil

As in most cases online, Microsoft Outlook should now be registered as an available desktop application. However it gives me the exception error 0x80020009.

Someone who knows how to register in a different way?

I have been searching for a solution for hours.
    03-03-09 04:56 AM
    Have you tried to download and install a different version of DM, using 4.6 on vista 64 here and no problems yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 05:37 PM
    Same here. Also have used 4.7.
    03-03-09 06:22 PM
    On Vista, there are THREE types of user accounts: ADMINISTRATOR, STANDARD USER, and GUEST. Each must be created separately. As a standard user, you can do things like "Run as Administrator", but... While I generally do not use my ADMINISTRATOR account, you may find it necessary in order to do the things you are needing to do.

Doctor Neutron
    03-03-09 09:33 PM
    Have you tried to download and install a different version of DM, using 4.6 on vista 64 here and no problems yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that, didnt work unfortunately
    03-04-09 08:30 AM
    Same here. Also have used 4.7.
    You mean you have the same problem or you got it to work?
    03-04-09 08:31 AM
    On Vista, there are THREE types of user accounts: ADMINISTRATOR, STANDARD USER, and GUEST. Each must be created separately. As a standard user, you can do things like "Run as Administrator", but... While I generally do not use my ADMINISTRATOR account, you may find it necessary in order to do the things you are needing to do.

Doctor Neutron
    I tried running as admin, however still no luck. I hear mixed experiences with users running DM 4.7 on vista64. Is DM developed to even run on 64bit machines? I cannot find it in documentation.
    03-04-09 08:33 AM
    DM 4.7 runs fine on my Vista 64-bit machine. Did you make sure to close Outlook during installation? If so, verify that its process ended and it's not still running in the background.
    03-04-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD