Just a quick question...

I have a Q10 with BlackBerry Link installed on my computer. I downloaded a hybrid OS for my old Bold 9000. Can I install the hybrid .exe file and install the OS on the 9000 with BB Link on my computer? Will the hybrid OS affect Link, or vice versa?

Thanks.
    08-11-13 05:13 PM
    Link doesn't work with legacy devices. If you have Desktop Manager there, autoloader.exe will still be available and it is business as usual from there.
    08-11-13 05:17 PM
    Link doesn't work with legacy devices. If you have Desktop Manager there, autoloader.exe will still be available and it is business as usual from there.
    I don't plan to use Desktop Manger to install the OS - just run autoloader.exe.

1) Do I have to uninstall Link completely from my computer before I install the hybrid OS and run autoloader.exe?

2) Do I need to have Desktop Manager installed on my computer before I run autolader.exe, even though I don't plan to use it (just wondering if it needs to be there for the drivers or what not....)?
    08-11-13 05:23 PM
    Bump...

Posted via my Q10
    08-11-13 08:54 PM
    I don't plan to use Desktop Manger to install the OS - just run autoloader.exe.

1) Do I have to uninstall Link completely from my computer before I install the hybrid OS and run autoloader.exe?

I'd say you don't. Did you try?

2) Do I need to have Desktop Manager installed on my computer before I run autolader.exe, even though I don't plan to use it (just wondering if it needs to be there for the drivers or what not....)?

autoloader.exe and Desktop Software worked independently of each other, but were installed as a pack. If the exe is there, just run it. You will only need to worry about installing DM is the exe you already have complains of something.

You only need DM if you need to manage the 9000. You can't backup/restore, delete databases and access files using Link. .

Bump...

Posted via my Q10
    No need to bumb if I reply. I always come back to check.
    08-12-13 07:16 AM