Now how do you feel about instagram and blackberry?

"has the perpetual right to sell users' photographs without payment or notification"

First Time Sending from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 10:39 AM
    You seriously think that's a consideration? You should try and play the lottery then, cause you have better chances of winning a couple grand there than your Instagram picture actually being worth something.

Unless you regularly use it to share pictures for war zones or something, your post reminds me of those guys who consider themselves a real urban Che Guevara who are outraged, nay O U T R A G E D that their cell co keep their txt messages for a year in case the authorities need to serve them a warrant to take a peek, completely ignoring the fact that they have never even once in their life, written anything that may be of any interest to any law enforcement agency whatsoever.
    shemaree09 and Roo Zilla like this.
    12-18-12 10:44 AM
    12-18-12 10:44 AM
    Thanks I missed that post,admins can delete ...But @first comment,its not a matter of me wanting money for my pictures i for one do not have an instagram,and if i did i would like some sort of notification of my photo being sold and used somewhere

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 10:50 AM
    I dont use it nor do i use Fb or any social app.We got picstory you can use that if you mad at FB/insta.
    12-18-12 11:07 AM
    Considering a vast majority of users use their facebook/instagram accounts to advertise/create/fabricate their lives why would this be a big issue? If anything, now you potentially have a big marketing machine boasting your "awesomeness". Sure you have no control over it, and it is not your property anymore but that's fame right?

For those who do not use these services for such shallow/insincere purposes I can sympathize how this could be outrageous. But the writing was on the "wall" the moment instagram was scooped.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    12-18-12 11:36 AM
    I might be in the minority, but to me it seems like a fair trade. Nothing in life is free, so as a cost to the user, they trade their photos for use on the site...the old barter system . Makes sense to me

Besides, if Instargram can make money off someones cup cake or coffee foam photo ....all the power to them LOL
    12-18-12 11:55 AM
    Personally, I think if they took one of my Instagram photos and used it for an ad for something.... I'd be flattered. People post on Instagram to be seen, if you didn't want your photos seen, you'd email them or something. I would however, appreciate a notification telling me they're using my photo, so I can see for myself and show off.
    12-18-12 12:11 PM
    And basically that point is in the tos just to cover their behind.

They wont be able to monetize more than 0.000001 of the pictures posted there, but on the off chance that some advertisement agency uses one of your pictures, or Instagram uses one of yours for an advert for their service, then you won't be able to sue them in the hopes of a quick and profitable settlement.

People would freak out if they read all the tos in the web services they use.

Frankly, the argument that "Who cares about Instagram they suck cause they sell your pics!" Is as valid as "Who'd want a Blackberry? The battery might catch fire and kill you"
    12-18-12 12:29 PM
    hate the idea that private photos can be used by Instagram for its marketing. I am not going to get Instagram once it is available on BB10.
    12-18-12 12:31 PM
    the point is photos are private things for some people. instagram should not be allowed to touch your pictures without consent.
    i hate the way these sites are going personally.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 12:32 PM
    hate the idea that private photos can be used by Instagram for its marketing. I am not going to get Instagram once it is available on BB10.
    It probably won't be ;p
    12-18-12 12:33 PM
    the point is photos are private things for some people. instagram should not be allowed to touch your pictures without consent.
    i hate the way these sites are going personally.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    What on earth are you talking about?!? How can a picture that YOU put on Instagram be private? You put it up there yourself.
    And they DO ask for consent, that's what the TOS is all about!
    12-18-12 12:35 PM