I just wanted to let the CrackBerry Nation know that Instagram has submitted their first beta of the app for BB10 for testing by RIM employees courtesy of @BlackBerryScoop on twitter who is most likely is a RIM employee.
    baolam86, mikeo007, sugbo and 8 others like this.
    12-19-12 07:17 AM
    great news for Instagram fans , but is there a screen shot of the tweet ?
    12-19-12 07:20 AM
    This is big news. This will make BB10 an option for millions of teenage users.
    12-19-12 07:29 AM
    Here's the tweet

Instagram for BB10-tweet.jpg
    12-19-12 07:53 AM
    He's not a RIM employee but a developer. Anyway, his tweets are interesting. He definitely knows how to get info. Follow him
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-19-12 08:48 AM
    THAT is GREAT news for BB10.

It will be interesting to see how BB10 users receive it, after all the debate as to how useless it is.

I will get it.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007, BlackBerry Guy and Rello like this.
    12-19-12 08:51 AM
    THAT is GREAT news for BB10.

It will be interesting to see how BB10 users receive it, after all the debate as to how useless it is.

I will get it.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    It will be one of the top downloads in App World as soon as it's available.
    Thankfully, the supposed collective opinion of Crackberry denizens is not reflective of the general phone-using populace.
    12-19-12 08:54 AM
    I will install just to see what the hype is about.
    sugbo and walt63 like this.
    12-19-12 08:57 AM
    probably trying to work out how to use cascades awesomeness.Bunch of people in my circles should be happy me however not a behind a screen social person.Would like to see how tehy use cascades or they give us a different usage to others.
    12-19-12 09:00 AM
    LOL. With all the negative publicity Instagram has received in the past couple days I find this amusing. How many subs will Instagram lose before BB10 launches? I'm seeing tweets of people posting pics to Instagram and linking them Twitter the past couple days basically telling Instagram to sell photos of them flipping Instagram the bird! Glad the app will be there for the app centric people out there who require tons of social networks to survive and/or feel relevant, but between the recent Twitter integration changes on Instagram and ToS changes they aren't hitting a lot of home runs lately with the user base from what I'm seeing. Good news for BB10 at least and one less app for people to whine about not being there hopefully at launch.
    robkd, shemaree09 and Jake Storm like this.
    12-19-12 09:02 AM
    LOL. With all the negative publicity Instagram has received in the past couple days I find this amusing. How many subs will Instagram lose before BB10 launches? I'm seeing tweets of people posting pics to Instagram and linking them Twitter the past couple days basically telling Instagram to sell photos of them flipping Instagram the bird! Glad the app will be there for the app centric people out there who require tons of social networks to survive and/or feel relevant, but between the recent Twitter integration changes on Instagram and ToS changes they aren't hitting a lot of home runs lately with the user base from what I'm seeing. Good news for BB10 at least and one less app for people to whine about not being there hopefully at launch.
    Interesting little sentence there.

I require water, food, sleep, shelter, and personal protection to survive. I don't need a BB nor any software it might or might not have.
    I do not gain my sense of relevancy from a piece of plastic nor the software surrounding it. I get my sense of relevancy from my impact on those I love.

However.....since today's technical advances offer me the ability to share aspects of my life with people of my choosing in a manner that is faster and less cumbersome than mailing packages full of pictures to physical addresses all over the country and across the pond, I like to take advantage of those advances.
    12-19-12 09:13 AM
    This is a great news. Thank you instagram and Facebook

The arrogance of some here towards those who use apps is quite funny. Guess bashing them makes them feel relevant

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Last edited by Hawkeberry; 12-19-12 at 09:30 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-19-12 09:15 AM
    This is a great news. Thank you instagram and Facebook

The arrogance of some here towards those who use apps is quite funny. Guess bashing them makes them feel relevant

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    In my opinion, it dovetails the BB is a tool/iPhone and Androids are toys mentality. Facts are that the line between the so called tools/toys is blurring. Additionally, one of BB's weaknesses is the lack of apps, and this is one weakness that has put them in the single digits in marketshare.

If BB10 is going to gain back those end users who have left, then it needs to offer a reason to do so. One of the way to do that is to remedy the weaknesses that caused its dramatic erosion in marketshare. And the way to do that is to offer apps in a manner approaching iPhone and Android.

Or we could all just stay as we are. And there won't be a "new RIM" but rather an newer "old RIM."
    12-19-12 09:41 AM
    It will be one of the top downloads in App World as soon as it's available.
    Thankfully, the supposed collective opinion of Crackberry denizens is not reflective of the general phone-using populace.
    Yeah - kind of reminds me when ANGRY BIRDS wasn't available. People swore up and down that it's a stupid, pointless, needless game. Then it came to PlayBook and became the top selling app on any BlackBerry, even though the PlayBook userbase was much smaller.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-19-12 09:48 AM
    It is a positive sign that Instagram will be available on BB10! This is one of those apps that users across the most popular platforms (iOS and Android) love. Having instagram will be appealing to any potential BB10 buyers out there. It certainly lends a sense of relevancy to the new BB10 platform. When I get my BB10 phone, Instagram will be one of the apps I download.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-19-12 09:57 AM
    Yeah - kind of reminds me when ANGRY BIRDS wasn't available. People swore up and down that it's a stupid, pointless, needless game. Then it came to PlayBook and became the top selling app on any BlackBerry, even though the PlayBook userbase was much smaller.
    It's just the classic fable of the fox and the grapes. Things are are on other platforms but not on Blackberry are irrelevant or useless, but that magically changes when they come to Blackberry.
    12-19-12 09:59 AM
    You can always just confirm with the folks over at Instagram. . .[email protected]
    and while your at that . . .you can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/
    and some petitions below if you don't mind . . .

Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and . . .
    Pandora�: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-19-12 10:18 AM
    In my opinion, it dovetails the BB is a tool/iPhone and Androids are toys mentality. Facts are that the line between the so called tools/toys is blurring. Additionally, one of BB's weaknesses is the lack of apps, and this is one weakness that has put them in the single digits in marketshare.
    Totally agree. People say it so confidently that if I didn't have friends who used Android and Apple devices, I would have easily believed. For me, "iPhone and Androids are toys" is #1 in "silly things people say on crackberry" followed by "I don't need that app. I can do the same by opening the browser and typing the website URL (so what if your toy can show the information few minutes earlier?)"

Some here don't mind making ignorant comments but get seriously upset when blogs and tech websites post equally ignorant stuff about RIM.

You can always just confirm with the folks over at Instagram. . .[email protected]
    and while your at that . . .you can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/
    and some petitions below if you don't mind . . .
    Though this sounds interesting, such things don't really work. Took part in few petitions for PlayBook. They will make an app for BB10 only if it makes sense for them financially.
    12-19-12 10:22 AM
    Totally agree. People say it so confidently that if I didn't have friends who used Android and Apple devices, I would have easily believed. For me, "iPhone and Androids are toys" is #1 in "silly things people say on crackberry" followed by "I don't need that app. I can do the same by opening the browser and typing the website URL (so what if your toy can show the information few minutes earlier?)"

I ascribed to that line of thinking. That is the truth.
    Then I started using devices that offered apps.
    True example....last June I needed to go to get my car tags. I carried (as I always do) my BB and a non - BB phone....at that time it was the Skyrocket. I had forgotten to bring my insurance cards with me. When I was at the window, I asked if I could just send her the cards from the Geico app I had on my BB and my Skyrocket. She said yes, so I immediately went to my BB first. It could not load the card in order for me to send to her. I could see the info, but not load the card. I took out my Skyrocket, called up the insurance card, took a screenshot of it, and sent it to the woman behind the counter. She took it.
    That was one in a list of instances where my Skyrocket functioned to assist me through apps that were either non existent or sub par on the 9900.

True story.

My devices are there to serve me in the most expedient manner possible. Why call up a browser and go into a .com and then search for a card OR attempt to access it via a sub par app.

BB *needs* to COMPETE by RISING to the challenge, not finding workarounds around its weaknesses.

And before I give the wrong impression....I LOVE MY BB. But I am not blind to its deficiencies when compared to my SGIII or my iPhone. Lack of apps is a deficiency.

ohhh.....and don't underestimate the sheer wonder of being able to order a hand tossed deep dish pizza with extra cheese and no meat via your iPhone or SGIII...Nirvana.....necessary? Absolutely not. Does it validate me as a human being??? Of course not. Convenient? Yah.. Do I choose devices in part to make things convenient? Ya betcha.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-19-12 at 11:04 AM.
    mikeo007, john_v and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    12-19-12 10:34 AM
    I've used it and I'm not a fan. It will not even be considered on my BB10 device. I try to stay as far away from FaceBook as possible.
    12-19-12 10:38 AM
    I've used it and I'm not a fan. It will not even be considered on my BB10 device. I try to stay as far away from FaceBook as possible.
    My lovable Englishman won't touch FB....bit of a bummer......he won't budge.....
    12-19-12 10:44 AM
    My lovable Englishman won't touch FB....bit of a bummer......he won't budge.....
    I am the only one I know that doesn't use FaceBook. lol. All of my family and friends use it. I have 100+ people that bug me about it. It is never going to happen.

I do know a lot of people that are ready to delete their FaceBook though, and lots that got rid of Instagram too.
    12-19-12 10:49 AM
    I maintain that few apps are intrinsically that valuable, but their AVAILABILITY can be a huge factor when users decide which platform to buy. Generally, in a sales situation a customer is constantly looking for a reason to say "no" to the sales rep, and "I can't possibly pick [generic device] because [generic app] isn't available" is a customer objection that's hard to counter.

So, yes, I'm glad to see semi-concrete proof that Instagram is coming. I'll try it, though I don't expect to use it much, but I'm glad it's coming.
    jakie55 and john_v like this.
    12-19-12 10:49 AM
    A PlayBook update AND confirmation of Instagram coming to BB10? This gets better and better..
    12-19-12 10:53 AM
    KEVIN! I still want my car!...
    12-19-12 10:54 AM
109 123 ...