Back to the subject at hand. It seems to me that RIM is doing their marketing well, the phone and OS as far as I've seen should be popular but the apps for me are the ball game. Not the total number but I am very hopeful that the ones I use will be there and that the OS will be successful enough that new apps will include a BB 10 version at launch.
    12-18-12 04:16 PM
    we can't just automatically jump on someone who, in their situation, can't deal with what has failed for them any longer. To jump on someone who expresses their anger (as valid as it sounds whether we like it or not) is just as bad as said person claims we're "drinking the kool-aid". And to lash out saying 4000+ usless posts is kinda childish wouldn't you say. In the time I've been on this forum, a lot of those 4000+ posts aren't like that one and have been in fact, helpful. Have you read all of his posts to call them usless? There are some people who have had enough. Whether it be with a person, sports team or a brand. Everything affects an individual differently. Everyone want to complain about trolling. it goes both ways you know. This is how threads get locked. Its not just the negative trolls, its also the pro-bb trolls as well. The ones who lash out at those who don't praise the BB gods with goodness. Now I love my BB devices. I have faith because it hasn't done me wrong but there are some who has been burned. When we don't realize that, we become just as bad as the tech bloggers and other OS users we complain about.
    Thank you for a level headed response.

I will restrain my initial urge to work back through the thread handing out appropriate warnings or bans. The season of goodwill is approaching and users should show some tolerance. Those who can't take the hint will get stronger reminders if the insults continue.
    12-18-12 04:28 PM
    I'm sorry. am I suppose to jump on the bashing band wagon?
    this is called Crackberry, so if you can't handle a positive bias, what are you doing here?
    12-18-12 04:32 PM
    this is called Crackberry, so if you can't handle a positive bias, what are you doing here?
    Getting my crackberry fix on! Contributing in discussions. And putting my two cents in when I feel there are some here who bash on others way to hard for their opionions even if they are negative. I'm sorry but if we can't discuss postitive and negative without fear of getting bashed on, this site might as well be a dictatorship. "love bb or die" Lat time I checked, there are also forume within Crackberry that cater to non-blackberry users. What is this? The race segrigation of the 1950s? So let's get back to the discussion at hand instead of getting on those who "displease the masses" shall we?
    12-18-12 04:37 PM
    Back to the subject at hand. It seems to me that RIM is doing their marketing well, the phone and OS as far as I've seen should be popular but the apps for me are the ball game. Not the total number but I am very hopeful that the ones I use will be there and that the OS will be successful enough that new apps will include a BB 10 version at launch.
    Apps for a lot of uses are the game changer. Some don't see this. Personally, a slammin browser fixes the app gap. Which is why apps became important a few years back imo. Now with mobile browsers becoming more like the desktop, I feel apps should now change positions on why here should be an app for that in the first place and not just because all the other OS' have them.
    12-18-12 04:41 PM
    I have no hate for RIM. I am just saying that I will not come running back to them just because they get BB10 out! They will have to earn my respect back. As far as me going back to Apple, out of need I moved my entire company to Apple when all of my 9900 units died one after the next! I was using RIM products before many of you knew what a Blackberry was! I have been through the highs and lows of RIM and their promises and I am no longer a sheep!
    I can respect that
    12-18-12 04:43 PM
    I can respect that
    So can I. So often the term "iSheep" comes into play. I too have been guilty of that. But the reality is, there's other terms out there if one is to be used. Like "Sheepdroids" "Sheepberrys" and "Microsheep". All have their diehard fan base.
    12-18-12 04:48 PM
    Getting my crackberry fix on! Contributing in discussions. And putting my two cents in when I feel there are some here who bash on others way to hard for their opionions even if they are negative. I'm sorry but if we can't discuss postitive and negative without fear of getting bashed on, this site might as well be a dictatorship. "love bb or die" Lat time I checked, there are also forume within Crackberry that cater to non-blackberry users. What is this? The race segrigation of the 1950s? So let's get back to the discussion at hand instead of getting on those who "displease the masses" shall we?
    so why can't i disagree with you? without getting slammed?
    what is wrong with being excited about the best comeback ever?
    12-18-12 04:51 PM
    Nothing is wrong with it. Just like there's nothing wrong with being cautious ("RIM will have to earn my trust back") but still interested. People here have different views on BlackBerry 10. I see it in my everyday life too. I have friends who have pre-ordered, others who will try it out on launch day and decide and others who are skeptical but still want to have a look at it because they miss things about the BlackBerrys they used to have and their contracts are up.
    12-18-12 05:03 PM
    nothings wrong with being excited about the best comeback ever. I'm excited too! But read what you initially wrote me and ask that again please. I Can't be openminded to others who feel its too little too late without being told what I wrote stating that, is baloney? I wasn't trying to "slam" you. But being said what you wrote me, can be a slam in itself.
    12-18-12 05:04 PM
    nothings wrong with being excited about the best comeback ever. I'm excited too! But read what you initially wrote me and ask that again please. I Can't be openminded to others who feel its too little too late without being told what I wrote stating that, is baloney? I wasn't trying to "slam" you. But being said what you wrote me, can be a slam in itself.
    so, OK, lets be excited then...............
    9of13 likes this.
    12-18-12 05:12 PM
    I can not understand why CB allows these anti-rim people to disrupt the flow of information and positive vibes. Some IMO are either misguided fansboys with no life and or ex-rim employees. These people post nothing but negative comments about their unhappiness with RIM and yet they spend alot of time on this fan site. They think they are clever but are transparent to many. I like many here wish they would leave due to their unhappiness with RIM and yet Against logic and reason they continue to stay here claiming and posing as (anti) FANS
    100% agree.
    Is this not a public forum for all to be apart of? As much as we would all love nothing but positiveness, the truth is, this happens on all forums from mobile tech to transit to everything else that's available for a forum. To start restricting who comes on here brings us back to times of censorship. IMO, the only time restrictions should come into play is when it gets to a point of personal attacks on each other that, if it were face to face, would probably start a physical fight. Some will want nothing to come on here and bash, bash, bash our beloved devices. Let them. When BB10 becomes a formatable player in the mobile market, they're numbers will reduce. If there's true hope for the sucess, heed those words, and move on.

42 days and counting!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-18-12 05:13 PM
    Thank you for a level headed response.

I will restrain my initial urge to work back through the thread handing out appropriate warnings or bans. The season of goodwill is approaching and users should show some tolerance. Those who can't take the hint will get stronger reminders if the insults continue.
    I wish i would have seen your post first, I spent way to much time deleting a bunch of trash!
    12-18-12 05:51 PM
    Is this not a public forum for all to be apart of? As much as we would all love nothing but positiveness, the truth is, this happens on all forums from mobile tech to transit to everything else that's available for a forum. To start restricting who comes on here brings us back to times of censorship. IMO, the only time restrictions should come into play is when it gets to a point of personal attacks on each other that, if it were face to face, would probably start a physical fight. Some will want nothing to come on here and bash, bash, bash our beloved devices. Let them. When BB10 becomes a formatable player in the mobile market, they're numbers will reduce. If there's true hope for the sucess, heed those words, and move on.

42 days and counting!
    Posts deleted for agreeing with something not directed at an individual. Thats not censorship?
    12-18-12 06:00 PM
    Apps for a lot of uses are the game changer. Some don't see this. Personally, a slammin browser fixes the app gap. Which is why apps became important a few years back imo. Now with mobile browsers becoming more like the desktop, I feel apps should now change positions on why here should be an app for that in the first place and not just because all the other OS' have them.
    You make a good point. If the browser negates the need for involved apps that could be a game changer. We'll have to see. Either way I'm getting an L series and see what happens.
    12-18-12 06:08 PM
    Posts deleted for agreeing with something not directed at an individual. Thats not censorship?
    that's an issue to take up with the Mods in a PM. But some could say the same for a "beep" blocking an inappropriate word on tv. Or a row of "*" replacing certain letters in said words. They may have saw something that would instigate a personal attack. My comment focused on opinions on a subject-in this case Blackberry and peoples perception of the brand-and not why mods will delete a post. We could debate first ammentment rights till the cows come home. But id rather enjoy how RIMs CMO is chsnging the perspective of the masses on a certain brand called "BlackBerry". Which btw, I can't remember if RIM has ever used social media as much as theybare now then Mike and Jim ran the show.
    12-18-12 06:11 PM
    You make a good point. If the browser negates the need for involved apps that could be a game changer. We'll have to see. Either way I'm getting an L series and see what happens.
    I've been saving my upgrade for an L series myself.
    Personally, I would like to see apps evolve to something more than a "browser filler".
    12-18-12 06:18 PM
    Frank makes a good point that enterprise BB users werent getting what consumer BB users were getting, making some believe this was applied to all BBs. That Global launch is surely grabbing headlines that day with their message being heard worldwide. A good amount of quality and big named apps will hold us over and bring those that want BBM, the keyboard, and unique UX. It doesn't stop after BB10 is released so next year can be really great as any updates come along and they add more features. IMO i feel the "leapfrog the competition" statement is standing.
    12-18-12 09:53 PM
    RIM's Rise Likely For Takeover Talk And Not BB10 - Seeking Alpha

Just like your input on this article...I am a BB fan, and plan on getting a BB10, but I hate to see stuff like this.
    12-19-12 04:25 AM
    There's a few reasons why the previous 100k+ could have been viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. If it were a climb down from 50k to 20k, I might be concerned, but 70k is still a pretty healthy portfolio. CONSIDERABLY better than Windows Phone/Win RT is likely to see for a while.
    WP marketplace boasts more than 120K apps...and rising fast.

Last i checked, 120k > 70k.
    12-19-12 10:33 AM
    Nothing is wrong with it. Just like there's nothing wrong with being cautious ("RIM will have to earn my trust back") but still interested. People here have different views on BlackBerry 10. I see it in my everyday life too. I have friends who have pre-ordered, others who will try it out on launch day and decide and others who are skeptical but still want to have a look at it because they miss things about the BlackBerrys they used to have and their contracts are up.
    I count myself among the cautious but interested crowd. My caution is due to the fact that I'm shopping for a company that will deliver the best experience in both phone AND tablet right now because from a money standpoint I'd much rather pay once, and have my app purchases covered on both devices. As it stands at this very moment, the app selection and state of OS on both phone+tablet is a known entity for both Apple and Android, and MS. I know exactly what is available to me at this very moment for all 3 companies. RIM is silent right now on the Playbook regarding BB10 other than to say "it's coming". I'm fairly well placed to wait since my upgrade isn't until March, so if I don't have a firm launch date for BB10 on Playbooks by then, I'll have to explore other options. I'm hoping for the best because I really enjoy the button-less UI, but I'm unwilling to sign a contract without firm answers and on speculation or hopes that apps I want will come.
    12-19-12 10:51 AM
    Race segregation of the 1950's? Man, that's getting a bit over dramatic.

Yes, the decorum has degraded over the years. But since the "false equivalence - status quo" remains, I suppose this will continue ad infinum.
    I suppose it's great for the website since this could be regarded as passion and that passion can still be milked for page hits. It's like a game.

Sorry, being a tad cynical here.
    12-19-12 12:10 PM
    RIM's Rise Likely For Takeover Talk And Not BB10 - Seeking Alpha

Just like your input on this article...I am a BB fan, and plan on getting a BB10, but I hate to see stuff like this.
    in my (admittedly limited) knowledge of trading websites blogging articles, you`ll almost always find a declaration of holding, such as if they are short, long or have no share in any companies mentioned in the article. Without that disclosure (especially from a financial blog) its very hard to tell if the article is written so as to affect price, or so as to give an impartial opinion.

that aside, i cant believe people (most especially analysts) are still comparing RIM to Palm, im sure they`ve flogged that analogy quite enough already.
    12-19-12 12:28 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    2013 will be THE year of RIM!
    12-19-12 06:50 PM
    Clearly the best interview. Watched the entire thing. The ban is on the plan!
    12-20-12 02:34 AM
92 1234