It's good to see that he has a clear and concise plan in place with regards to showing BB10 to the world.
    12-18-12 02:35 AM
    RIM doesn't have to "out do Apple's comeback". Sheer viability will do, and they seem to be doing everything they need to in order to reestablish that.\

There's a few reasons why the previous 100k+ could have been viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. If it were a climb down from 50k to 20k, I might be concerned, but 70k is still a pretty healthy portfolio. CONSIDERABLY better than Windows Phone/Win RT is likely to see for a while.

And, let's face it, the sheer number of apps may turn out to be not quite so important as exactly which key apps are there for launch. Something tells me RIM is likely to bat 2 for 3 there (i.e., we'll see most of the big ones that users have been clamoring for, but maybe not all for one reason or another).
    I still think its the quality of the apps. RIM has provided a program for anyone to turn RSS feeds from internet website into an app. Technically, none of those "apps" are legit apps. They're just RSS feeds. Anyone can turn a blog into an app that way to boost up the numbers on BlackBerry World. Would you want 20,000 RSS feed apps?
    12-18-12 02:59 AM
    He does know what he is talking about, it's obvious.

Do you mind me doing some cocorico's ?
    The Spanish Cow of his is far better than mine lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-18-12 03:10 AM
    She is clearly an iphone user. The way she says "sure" when hes stating facts, as if she doesnt believe him.
    mithrazor and Bobert_123 like this.
    12-18-12 03:47 AM
    I still think its the quality of the apps. RIM has provided a program for anyone to turn RSS feeds from internet website into an app. Technically, none of those "apps" are legit apps. They're just RSS feeds. Anyone can turn a blog into an app that way to boost up the numbers on BlackBerry World. Would you want 20,000 RSS feed apps?
    We can go back and forth about quality of apps-which has been done to death using "fart apps" as an example-and wind up wih a neverending debate. But let's factor why apps became a "must have". Five, six, seven years ago,mobile web was basically bare bones. Very limited, almost a joke compared to a desktop experience. Apps filled the gap where a mobile device's web browser lacked. Look at your PCs whether it be Windows, Mac or Linux. Do you have a facebook app? A twitter app? And I'm not taking about desktop widgets or "gadgets". I mean as we currently use mobile apps today. The answer is mostly no. Because that's what the internet browser is for. Now from using a PlayBook, we see that he need for apps isn't as dire as say, 2007 or 2008. But its become a "must have" now. The world has grown accustomed to Apps. And in all honesty aren't most, in a way, an rss feed-like kind of app? The question you posed is "Would you want 20,000 RSS feed apps?" If I wanted to follow 20,000 news subjects-and had a crappy mobile browser- then yes. Bjt I remembered not long ago when we asked "Would you want 10000 soundboard apps?" And got flamed. Its not the "apps" but the content the apps provide-if needed at all.
    12-18-12 04:30 AM
    All of the executives look very tired, Frank, Thor, and most likely Kristian should get a nice long nap on January 30th!
    No time for napping for anyone in Rim, after the l-series they will have the n-series, bb10 on playbook and unannounced new models to work on.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-18-12 04:37 AM
    They can sleep after BlackBerry 10 smartphones ship to end-users via wireless carriers and not one second earlier. However, if BlackBerry OS 10 is not ready for the tablet by early summer (June 2013) and/or BlackBerry 10 smartphones cannot bridge to the existing BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1.0.1088 there will be many questions to answer.
    It wouldn't surprise me if bridge is not there for launch, they have to prioritise on what is important and realistically speaking the low sales of the playbook won't make a bridge update a major priority.
    12-18-12 04:46 AM
    Did you notice the climb down on the number of apps? 70k
    I replayed it and thought I heard only 70 apps available. Had to plug in my headphones to hear him clearer.
    70k apps lets look at this way. I would rather see 70k quality apps vs 200k+ apps and half of them be fart apps.
    12-18-12 06:32 AM
    What I am really concerned about is the damage the brand has faced. Till we get to change the mindset that bb is not cool and for business execs... I am sorry... But we are going nowhere... So RIM's marketing and advertising has a lot of work to do towards its success... I am sure TH has hired the best... But they need to deliver and how. RIM should not rest on the 80M subscribers upgrading... It should be seen and showing itself as a viable alternative to IPoo... Android and WP

I just hope bb10 does not turn out to be a lemon for people who are expecting a lot. I know it will not be a lemon for me....

I am just being realistic here... Not here to pound away the excitement.... So excuse me if I have poured water...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    spike12 likes this.
    12-18-12 07:11 AM
    IMO, the buzz is working, people are talking. Folks are curious about BB10....there is a Silent Loyalty
    12-18-12 07:26 AM
    What I am really concerned about is the damage the brand has faced. Till we get to change the mindset that bb is not cool and for business execs... I am sorry... But we are going nowhere... So RIM's marketing and advertising has a lot of work to do towards its success... I am sure TH has hired the best... But they need to deliver and how. RIM should not rest on the 80M subscribers upgrading... It should be seen and showing itself as a viable alternative to IPoo... Android and WP

I just hope bb10 does not turn out to be a lemon for people who are expecting a lot. I know it will not be a lemon for me....

I am just being realistic here... Not here to pound away the excitement.... So excuse me if I have poured water...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    come on cheer up, that is what a come back is all about, you are in the hole and you climb out of it, only to get better than ever, cheer up body......
    spike12 likes this.
    12-18-12 07:28 AM
    What is this interesting media ability he referred to?

Excellent I interview btw! Go BlackBerry!!!!
    12-18-12 07:50 AM
    Frank Boulben is a bulldog. Look at his eyes. He is focused. He addresses her directly with confidence and truth. He is not lying. His eyes and gestures show that.

This guy is focused.

Bring it on.
    12-18-12 08:20 AM
    Listening to it again, he says "more than 70 thousand apps"
    12-18-12 09:25 AM
    Franks been on world tours he wont know everything.According to that tweeter leak guy its up to 112,000 and rising new target is 120,000 now.70,000 is probably the last offical numbers Frank got.70,000 was the target for certain period of time maybe 3 months ,but seems they got way more dev love and got 90,000 apps in their that 3 month time frame.I think once cascads got explained thoroughly people were making apps in 2 days porting stuff in just 4 hours.latest news is they now want to go to 120,000 since they have 112,000 or more apps.

All these numbers are old as I post this.I personally dont know whats all this app love is about I just wanted a faster browser I search and buy most things online being able to do when im out will be great for me.
    Jake Storm and Gla1ze like this.
    12-18-12 10:10 AM
    I have no hate for RIM. I am just saying that I will not come running back to them just because they get BB10 out! They will have to earn my respect back. As far as me going back to Apple, out of need I moved my entire company to Apple when all of my 9900 units died one after the next! I was using RIM products before many of you knew what a Blackberry was! I have been through the highs and lows of RIM and their promises and I am no longer a sheep!
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-18-12 10:52 AM
    Good interview. Funny way he says Carrier, it's cute. You could tell the interviewers skepticism but he maintained a good form regardless.

I'm glad he handles the "embarrassment" question without a hitch. When the notion was first reported it was such an absurdity and a new low for "reporting". It really show how journalism has eroded as a profession to the status of bloggers ranting with little to no expertise or independence.
    12-18-12 11:12 AM
    Guys Correct me if i am Wrong I heard About GLOBAL LAUNCH Thats Right ?
    12-18-12 11:18 AM
    I have no hate for RIM. I am just saying that I will not come running back to them just because they get BB10 out! They will have to earn my respect back
    Fair enough.

when all of my 9900 units died one after the next!
    How many are you talking? Sounds like you had a bad, unfortunate bit of luck. I've had quite a few devices over the years and never had a device 'die'. Did have issues with the trackball on my 8900, but other than that they held up nicely. In fact, my 9900 survived some pretty rotten falls onto tile, brick and concrete ... and kept on a'tickin.
    12-18-12 12:26 PM
    Guys Correct me if i am Wrong I heard About GLOBAL LAUNCH Thats Right ?
    BlackBerry 10 launch events to be held January 30th in New York City, Toronto, London, Paris, Johannesburg and Dubai | CrackBerry.com
    12-18-12 03:07 PM
    Fair enough.

How many are you talking? Sounds like you had a bad, unfortunate bit of luck. I've had quite a few devices over the years and never had a device 'die'. Did have issues with the trackball on my 8900, but other than that they held up nicely. In fact, my 9900 survived some pretty rotten falls onto tile, brick and concrete ... and kept on a'tickin.
    And i can vouch for the 9900 with rubberchicken. It has been in the jungles of asia to the top of krakatoa volcano, to the slums of detroit, to the opera houses of europe. Dependable, tried and true
    12-18-12 03:10 PM
    I don't think RIM will out do Apple's comeback with just BB10, but it will be a nice comeback I believe.
    but it will be a nice start
    12-18-12 03:31 PM
    we can't just automatically jump on someone who, in their situation, can't deal with what has failed for them any longer. To jump on someone who expresses their anger (as valid as it sounds whether we like it or not) is just as bad as said person claims we're "drinking the kool-aid". And to lash out saying 4000+ usless posts is kinda childish wouldn't you say. In the time I've been on this forum, a lot of those 4000+ posts aren't like that one and have been in fact, helpful. Have you read all of his posts to call them usless? There are some people who have had enough. Whether it be with a person, sports team or a brand. Everything affects an individual differently. Everyone want to complain about trolling. it goes both ways you know. This is how threads get locked. Its not just the negative trolls, its also the pro-bb trolls as well. The ones who lash out at those who don't praise the BB gods with goodness. Now I love my BB devices. I have faith because it hasn't done me wrong but there are some who has been burned. When we don't realize that, we become just as bad as the tech bloggers and other OS users we complain about.

Greg's trust in RIM may be regained over time. He's definatly not the only one who feels that way. But now his trust in this great community may have also been destroyed. Way to go. A simple "I'm sorry you feel like you do due to your experience and I hope you can be shown the road ahead will be better" would've been more adult.
    12-18-12 03:36 PM
    we can't just automatically jump on someone who, in their situation, can't deal with what has failed for them any longer. To jump on someone who expresses their anger (as valid as it sounds whether we like it or not) is just as bad as said person claims we're "drinking the kool-aid". And to lash out saying 4000+ usless posts is kinda childish wouldn't you say. In the time I've been on this forum, a lot of those 4000+ posts aren't like that one and have been in fact, helpful. Have you read all of his posts to call them usless? There are some people who have had enough. Whether it be with a person, sports team or a brand. Everything affects an individual differently. Everyone want to complain about trolling. it goes both ways you know. This is how threads get locked. Its not just the negative trolls, its also the pro-bb trolls as well. The ones who lash out at those who don't praise the BB gods with goodness. Now I love my BB devices. I have faith because it hasn't done me wrong but there are some who has been burned. When we don't realize that, we become just as bad as the tech bloggers and other OS users we complain about.

Greg's trust in RIM may be regained over time. He's definatly not the only one who feels that way. But now his trust in this great community may have also been destroyed. Way to go. A simple "I'm sorry you feel like you do due to your experience and I hope you can be shown the road ahead will be better" would've been more adult.
    oh please, what a baloney......
    12-18-12 04:03 PM
    oh please, what a baloney......
    I'm sorry. am I suppose to jump on the bashing band wagon?
    12-18-12 04:07 PM
92 1234