WTF is this normal??
    Initial Thoughts on 10.3.1-img_20150224_150722.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Initial Thoughts on 10.3.1-img_20150224_144337.png  
    02-24-15 01:07 AM
    Of course, everything can be considered as "user preference ". However, since nobody can tell for sure what all the users outside of CB want, all we can go by for now is what we see in these forums. And, there seem to be more complaints about the new Search/Assistant or Calendar changes than praise. Also, most of the people who are getting defensive about the complaints, keep saying "they may not me as good, but you'll get used to it", or "stop whining, iOS and Android are not any better", or"No Mobile OS makes everyone happy"!

So, which one should I believe? Those who are passionately expressing their dissatisfaction with something in the new upgrade, or those who say "meh, it's not that bad, you will get used to it"?
    I'd just back up your phone and then go for it. Use it for a few days and if you don't like it (like me) just revert back to 10.2. No big deal. 10.3 is not horrible and I'm sure they'll address the issues with a subsequent update, but for me 10.2 is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:39 AM
    I'd just back up your phone and then go for it. Use it for a few days and if you don't like it (like me) just revert back to 10.2. No big deal. 10.3 is not horrible and I'm sure they'll address the issues with a subsequent update, but for me 10.2 is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean, and have done something similar. I used my Classic for about a month and didn't like the phone or the 10.3 on it (especially the Calendar app). So, I gave it away. I am back to my lovely Z30/Q10 combo, which are still on 10.2.1. I am very happy with those, but would love to one day move to newer devices with an upgraded (but still efficient/functional) OS.
    02-24-15 04:36 AM
    I have found it to be not that good so far and have had not liked the camera or assistant on 10.3

However I really agree with some of the other posts about needing some time to get used to it

I remember vowing never to use 10.2 as I hated the new call answer screen. This is where you swiped left to right to answer a call rather than dragging the box up and down in 10.1

I took so many calls during the first few days of having 10.2, that I got used to it really quick and now could not imagine going back.

I am hoping that the same happens with this update.

Nathan

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:16 AM
    Hi there!

I updated my STL1-100 Z10 a cupple of days ago. There are many good new functions, but I have two problems!
    The phone keep buzzing after I answer a call! So it buzzes one more time after answering a call which is really anoying both side on a call!
    The second problem is about my car kit. It's Renault's Carminat TomTom device and problem is about the character encoding. While on 10.2 everithing was ok, but in 10.3.1 special characters like "�,�,�,ő,�,�,ű,�" does not appear any more in my phonebook!

Are there any solution for these problems?
    02-24-15 05:17 AM
    Arggg. There used to be an easy way to change the notifications to silent.
    Yep. I tried to follow instructions to add those to quick settings but it did not work. There is a 'shortcutit' program that will at least put the 'notifications' shortcut on your desktop, but i couldnt get it to narrow down to 'silent' so ot makes ot two presses of a button.

Edit to add the shortcut program is an app i found in blackberry world but im trying to remember if its android or blackberry, cant tell by looking at it.
    Last edited by to boldly go; 02-25-15 at 12:51 PM.
    02-25-15 12:29 PM
131 ... 456