I was in the Telus store in Calgary last night....looking at phones, and got talking to the store manager...VERY INERESTING....he told me staff starts TRAINING ON THE NEW BOLD NEXT WEEK...and expects to have it in store in 2-3 weeks.
    07-15-11 11:15 AM
    expect is still a rough term, but would coincide with the expected release in about 4 weeks.
    07-15-11 11:17 AM
    I hate all of you that are getting the new Bold 9900 in the next month.....considering I have been waiting for this phone since late last year and now it appears that it won't be released by AT&T until November.
    07-15-11 11:59 AM
    I hate all of you that are getting the new Bold 9900 in the next month.....considering I have been waiting for this phone since late last year and now it appears that it won't be released by AT&T until November.
    You're amongst BB users, where's the love?

If anyone to direct your envy/anger, it's AT&T.
    07-15-11 01:24 PM
    Be thankful, and the remember the 9000. AT&T released it later for reasons that became painfully clear to those who got it earlier.
    07-15-11 02:13 PM
    I'm not saying your store manager source is wrong (in fact I hope he's right)...

But... I have yet to come across a rep or store owner/manager that has more information about new devices and technology than me. And... that's pretty sad because I do my research as a hobby.
    07-16-11 11:53 AM
    I'm not saying your store manager source is wrong (in fact I hope he's right)...

But... I have yet to come across a rep or store owner/manager that has more information about new devices and technology than me. And... that's pretty sad because I do my research as a hobby.
    He did say that they have training next week. Even if the store manager never mentioned anything else, it's a likely chance that the phone would be going on sale soon after the training.
    CGI likes this.
    07-16-11 04:29 PM

This statement covers just about anything to do with sales. We as consumers do a little homework and know more than most salesperson. Only a few in sales do any homework about products they represent.
    CGI likes this.
    07-17-11 12:00 PM
    Is anyone offering unlocking for the new BBs yet? If not then it's a pretty moot point of who gets it first unless you plan on going with that carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD