i am planning to purchase a new blackberry this week. i need help in selecting the model.
    i use phone for calls, messaging ( qwerty keypad is must), internet usage (3g would be better for this requirement) and most important is the battery. please suggest me a phone with best battery backup atleast 24hours(with the usage of bluetooth and net)
    07-07-12 05:48 AM
    You essentially have the whole BlackBerry line to look at here, bar the Torch 9860/50 and the Curve 9380, if you're looking for a keyboard. Of course the Bold line has it's slick keyboard.

It's all about preferences and what is suited to me may not be suited to your needs. I've always loved the Bold 9900, complete for all the things you mention above. Battery lasted me a day but did drain quicker when on 3G. Now, I'm using the Curve 9320 (not really by choice but because it's within my budget), and it's not quite the Bold in it's power and find it lags a bit more, though it's certainly a great entry level device.

I suggest to go to your local BlackBerry retailer and check out some devices to get a good feel of things. I don't know what your budget is but really in the end you'll have to choose what you feel is best for you.
    rajyuvraj2412 likes this.
    07-07-12 06:42 AM
    If you want the best battery life then buy a Curve (slow CPU, small screen) and run it on 2G.

The best internet experience will come from a large screen and since you want a real keyboard, you are now looking at a power hungry Torch 9810. Good internet speeds also need 3G at least.

As DJ Reyes says, a Bold 9900 may be the best choice.

This is really hard and you will need to sacfifice something. Maybe a phone with a spare battery would be the best way for you.
    07-07-12 06:54 AM
    I'd say a Bold 9900 with an extra battery. The extra battery is smaller than a business card and super light.

I get 15-18 out of my 9930 and still have a spare battery just in case.
    07-07-12 06:59 AM
    thanks Dj reyes
    the info is helpful. for my budget i was planning curve 9320 or 9360 but was doubtful about the battery. many of my friends said the new phone with 7.1 OS is okay. is it true?
    i am looking for a best battery backup phone.
    07-07-12 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD