I have a blackberry playbook and have followed the instructioins to put it into develepment mode and downloaded DDPB but when i put the ip address in its says its not recognised, please help.
    01-17-13 10:02 AM
    I have had this same problem, what i did to fix it was - close DDPB, disconnect the playbook, reconnect the playbook, launch DDPB again, then press the 'scan' button. if that 'scan' button works and shows the IP address, then enter your password setup when you enabled development mode - and it should connect. i use DDPB every day to try some of the apps found here:

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

hope it works for you - FYI though, most of those apps won't work.

the best apps i found so far are:

- dropbox
    - winamp
    - olive office
    - goflex media
    - playtorrent
    - skydrive
    - smart tools
    - vlc direct
    - kindle
    - imdb
    - photoshop express

all i did was test these to see if they work or not - most of them i don't use regularly - however, dropbox and winamp work beautifully together - because i share my 'beats' with people using dropbox, when i want to listen to said beats on my playbook, having those two apps installed, makes the experience quite enjoyable

NOTE: if you launch an app and it prompts to update, may as well find a way to download that update file to a PC and convert it using the conversion site, as the updates may not work on the playbook for these apps yet.
    01-17-13 10:26 AM
    in playbook:
    - enable a security password
    - when enabling development mode, use that same password when you're prompted by the playbook
    - once development mode is enabled and the password is setup - you're done on the playbook
    - connect the playbook to computer via USB

in DDPB
    - once playbook is connected, launch DDPB, and click the 'scan' button
    - once the IP address is 'scanned', it populates the fields, enter your password in the dialog box below it
    - click the 'connect' button
    01-17-13 10:40 AM