Ok so here's my question, there are a few parts:

1. I have the gmail app. Can I just remove my gmail account from the blackberry email setup? And have everything go straight to my gmail app?

If so how? Because when I remove my gmail account from my blackberry email setup, none of the messages come through. I assume it's because the gmail app sources the blackberry email setup for the messsages???

2 If this can't be done... is there a way to have messages be marked as read on my blackberry automatically if I've already read them on my computer? So that when I pick up my phone after a few hours of being at the computer, I don't have 12 new messages that I've already read.

Thanks in advance for any advice
    05-22-09 07:54 AM
    You should be able to remove the Gmail account from your BIS setup and just use the Gmail client. I would uninstall the Gmail client first, then remove the BIS account, battery pull (just to be safe), then re-install the Gmail app and log in.

Let me know if that doesn't work.
    05-22-09 09:20 AM
    How do I delete the gmail app?

Thanks!
    05-22-09 09:59 AM
    Settings, Advanced, Applications, click on Gmail and choose uninstall.
    05-22-09 10:11 AM
    So I did that, but the gmail doesn't notify me when I receive an email, anyway to make it do this?
    05-22-09 02:39 PM
    It's listed under options. It's not instant though. I think it checks every 5 minutes while in the foreground and every 20-30 while running in the background. If you close it you won't get any notification.
    05-22-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD