I currently have my 2 email addressess from Gmail and Hotmail set-up on my BB 8330.
    How do I import my contacts from both email accounts into my BB?
    08-07-09 09:56 AM
    I currently have my 2 email addressess from Gmail and Hotmail set-up on my BB 8330.
    How do I import my contacts from both email accounts into my BB?
    GoogleSync will work for your Gmail account
    08-07-09 10:17 AM
    I dont think Outlook supports Hotmail anymore, but its worth a shot. You should certainly combine all of your contacts onto your BB, when you do Google Sync will automatically add your contacts to your Gmail account.
    08-07-09 10:47 AM
    If you also use Windows Live Messenger as well as hotmail then you should be able to export the contacts from WLM. You can then open this file in a text editor, remove the unnessary WLM formatting in the file and save it as a csv and import this into Outlook.

Using Desktop Manager you can then sync your contacts accross to your Blackberry and has already been said you can then use googlesync to add them all to google as well.
    08-07-09 01:59 PM
    you can:
    1. Go to your hotmail email account on computer go to contacts section and export your contacts in csv format. Save on your Computer.

2. Go to your Gmail account, contacts section and import contacts from csv file that you just saved. If you want to have them separated in Gmail then you can create a folder in contacts section in Gmail and then you import them there.

3. Finally download and install Google Sync on your Blackberry. Run sync (might take some time if you have many contact, let it run). and you are done. Enjoy!
    08-07-09 02:58 PM
    you can:
    1. Go to your hotmail email account on computer go to contacts section and export your contacts in csv format. Save on your Computer.

2. Go to your Gmail account, contacts section and import contacts from csv file that you just saved. If you want to have them separated in Gmail then you can create a folder in contacts section in Gmail and then you import them there.

3. Finally download and install Google Sync on your Blackberry. Run sync (might take some time if you have many contact, let it run). and you are done. Enjoy!
    +1 I would recommend going the export to file route then use BB desktop manager to do the merge of contacts into your BB. I REALLY like how BB desktop manager prompts you when collisions occur.
    08-07-09 03:18 PM
    When I imported my Hotmail contacts to Outlook and then sync'ed to my berry, it duplicated entries. I'm sure there must be a way to merge them without duplicating, no?
    08-07-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD