Hi all

Does anyone know of a website to use to import sporting events into my calendar, and even one better, that will automatically update any changes to the fixtures etc?

I am particularly interested in UK football, cricket and F1.

Cheers
    02-06-09 01:07 PM
    Just done a search for the exact same thing and came across this thread.

Im after something like this also and cant find anything anywhere?

Could it be made?
    08-10-09 07:33 AM
    you could go to the teams website and download their schedule in an iCal format. Import it into Google sync and then sync your calendar with your google calendar (or outlook if you use it). This is what I do. Unfortunately it doesn't update automatically, but I can always go find the schedule again and reimport it.

I found a program called Infuzer, that seems to do exactly what you want, but it is only compatible with Outlook, Palm, or Lotus Notes calendars, unfortuantely I don't use any of them. If you use them you might want to see if your team supportes Infuzer, as it will automatically update your calendar, and even put scores into the calendar entry after the game is done. Be nice if they had a blackberry program.
    08-10-09 08:13 AM
    iCal schedules do update and that's the benefit they have over .csv formats. The iCal format actually imports from a URL into Google Calendar, use Google Sync to keep your BB calendar synced with it. Infuzor sucks, not sure why people keep trying to push it, you even have to pay for the premium version. Most sports teams have a schedule that you can import to Outlook(csv) and which will also import into Google Calendar. MLB teams also have iCal schedules available right from their websites. Other third party websites have iCal schedules available as well, just do a search. I'm currently waiting for the newest NBA iCal schedules...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:19 AM
    Hrm I didn't realize you could just import iCal from a URL and that Google Calendar would automatically update it. I'll have to try it out.

I have never used Infuzor, I just saw descriptions of it and it seemed like a good idea, a program to automatically update a calendar with fixed events. It may suck for all I know, I've just never used it before. Either way it would be nice to directly import calendars into the BB calendar.
    Last edited by cd36; 08-10-09 at 01:58 PM.
    08-10-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD