We have two phones.
    Blackberry 9810 is version 7.1 Bundle 921.
    Blackberry 9700 is version 6.0 Bundle 2718.

The current version of Blackberry desktop no longer provides the functionality of choosing the import. How can I import the .csv file?

When I click the Organizer>Contacts it defaults to Windows Contacts. Where does this file reside so I can update it with the current data?
    Gordon Scofield likes this.
    09-03-13 04:02 PM
    09-05-13 03:45 AM
    Thank you. The Importer / Exporter functionality was removed in version 7. I have version 7.1.0.41 of the Desktop Manager.
    09-06-13 05:21 PM
    In the Blackberry Desktop Software has Organizer>Contacts it defaults to Windows Contacts. Where does this file reside so I can update it with the current file?
    09-23-13 12:27 PM
    Hi,

I hope you've already found the answer. Here's is what worked for me (if someone might need this information later on):-

As Blackberry Desktop Software 7.0+ don't allow import from csv - alternate is to import the contacts to "Windows Contacts" and then import them using "Blackberry Desktop Software" to our Device.

Steps would be:-
    • In Windows => Click Windows Icon (Or Start Button) and just below "All Programs" search for "contacts" - click on "Contacts" from the "Programs" search results. Contacts window will come up. Its just a standard windows folder view. But notice there are some additional buttons on the top bar. "New Contact", "New Contact Group", "Import", "Export"....
    • Click Import > choose "CSV (Comma Separated Values)" > Import > choose the file > Next & allow the contacts to import
    • ======
    • ======
    • Now in "Blackberry Desktop Software" its simple :- go to "Organizer" > Contacts "Configure" > (chose the "sync direction". I selected "One way to your device Only") > (select "Account Settings" as "Windows Contacts" > OK
    • Click the green "Sync Organizer" button at bottom of "Blackberry Desktop Software" screen and allow the contacts to sync
    • Contacts are now synced. Have fun with your device!
    • =======
    • =======
    • *If u don't want your contacts to remain in your windows. Select the unwanted files in your Windows "Contacts" and delete them.
    02-12-14 03:53 AM
    Thanks for posting - I have been trying to add contacts to my 9810 from a cvs file and have tried everything imaginable. This fix has finally done it. Thanks again.
    09-13-14 09:28 PM
    So, yes, if i delete all my outlook contacts and import the new contacts and sync this could work but what if i didnt wish to rick that???
    01-12-15 03:30 AM
    Thanks, works very well in Win 10. Finally figured out with this post that the People app is not the same as the Contacts folder.
    05-07-17 09:17 PM