Im a little bit impatient, and really wanting the new bold touch or torch 2 thats due out this year.
    But living in england i will get it 4 months after its out in the Us.

Now im not sure if the term is the same in the Uk as US but here we have Sim free, so the phone is not locked to any carrier.

Now if i was to import such a phone from across the pond, would it work on a UK network, or is there some techy mombo jumbo restricting me from doing it?
    05-01-11 11:51 AM
    it will if you get the AT&T frequencies model. AT&T uses same as the UK networks. Do NOT get a T-mobile US one it wont work on 3 G.
    badger906 likes this.
    05-01-11 12:18 PM
    it will if you get the AT&T frequencies model. AT&T uses same as the UK networks. Do NOT get a T-mobile US one it wont work on 3 G.
    thank you very much!
    would i be looking for specific frequencies or just stated that its an AT&T version?
    05-01-11 02:47 PM
    Gsm frequency 900/1800Mhz
    3G/UTMS 2100Mhz

Should keep you right.

If brand and unlocked look for AT&T if sim free look for the frequencies listed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 03:51 PM
    Gsm frequency 900/1800Mhz
    3G/UTMS 2100Mhz

Should keep you right.

If brand and unlocked look for AT&T if sim free look for the frequencies listed

Reread his post. He states they are sim free, making it CDMA.
    05-01-11 07:27 PM
    Reread his post. He states they are sim free, making it CDMA.
    I have read his post. He is in the UK like me and in the UK sim free means purchasing a factory unlocked phone. Also in the UK we don't use CDMA technology.

Next time please read BEFORE posting.

05-02-11 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD