I recently switched from a windows mobile device which worked almost flawlessly. Now I have a bold and setup the 6 email accounts that I monitor as IMAP4 accounts to be synced with the server. Invariably while I'm at work and have Thunderbird up to deal with my emails, when I delete them via Thunderbird, they don't disappear in sync on my Bold. I think this is pretty lame for a device that is supposed to be "the gold standard" of email devices.
    05-07-09 11:51 AM
    I agree.As a Winmo user for 8 years IMAP and POP access through BIS are lackluster compared with Windows Mobile or even Palm devices. Email really shines with BES though.
    05-07-09 11:58 AM
    That's why the BIS email service is free.
    05-07-09 12:09 PM
    BIS doesn't offer two way sync. Only the stuff you do on your handheld shows up in the actual mailbox, not the other way around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 02:38 PM
    Lame, windows mobile had it beat.
    05-07-09 07:53 PM
    That's because Windows Mobile doesn't use a carrier server to push email.

Windows Mobile uses ActiveSync which directly connects to your Outlook Web Access Server.. IMHO, it's the best, true, no issue syncing solution.

BES has the security, and a tad faster push email, but AS has better reconciliation and more indepth syncing.
    05-08-09 09:58 AM
    The BlackBerry Internet Service supports full two-way email reconciliation of deletions, both from a BlackBerry smartphone to the mailbox, and from the mailbox to a BlackBerry smartphone.
    The reconciliation of Read and Unread statuses of email messages is one-way only, from a BlackBerry smartphone to the messaging server. For most integrated email accounts, it is not possible to reconcile Read and Unread statuses of email messages from the messaging server to a BlackBerry smartphone.
    However, full two-way reconciliation of Read and Unread statuses is supported for Yahoo! Mail integrated email accounts. It is necessary to correctly configure the BlackBerry smartphone and the integrated email account to turn on the full two-way reconciliation. For more information, see KB13509.
    05-08-09 10:06 AM
    mine delete.

make sure you have it set up to either ask where you want it to delete or have it automatically delete both.

in messages:

menu key > options > email reconciliation > chose the email address > delete on> either prompt or both. MAKE SURE TO SAVE.

note that the deletion will NOT occur tight away.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 05-08-09 at 12:23 PM.
    05-08-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD