Hi,
    I am in the process of setting up our domains on a new host and ran across the option to set up the email accounts to work with outlook/express or other programs...
    My wife uses outlook express on her laptop and would like to continue doing so. Is it better to set up the account as IMAP or a POP3 acct? She primarily checks the account with her Bold, but likes the emails to get to her laptop (only deleting then from her handset and not the server.

Thanks for any tips on this!
    Brian
    11-15-09 07:12 AM
    First question is what implementation of IMAP are they using? IMAP would be the better choice that way emails you read on the BB will show as marked on your computer. Also sent messages would show up on the computer.

That is assuming they have a full IMAP server. My host offers IMAP email but it turns out to be an incomplete instructions set and it not all that different than POP3 for features. None of the traditional IMAP features are there like the syncing.
    11-15-09 10:59 AM
    What cavingian said. IMAP is best overall with full implementation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 12:10 PM
    I will try to get IMAP working then. They have a bunch of different ways to automatically do an install, but I'll probably try to do the settings manually. Might help me learn a bit...

Thanks!
    B.
    11-15-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD