I switched my gmail over to IMAP, and it deleted all the emails in my gmail address folder. Is there any way to get my emails back on my phone? I also just reinstalled the desktop manager and for some reason my recent backups are corrupt and cant use them to reload my device. I tried marking the emails in my gmail account as unread but that didnt do any thing to get them back on my phone.
    03-21-09 02:44 PM
    I switched my gmail over to IMAP, and it deleted all the emails in my gmail address folder. Is there any way to get my emails back on my phone? I also just reinstalled the desktop manager and for some reason my recent backups are corrupt and cant use them to reload my device. I tried marking the emails in my gmail account as unread but that didnt do any thing to get them back on my phone.
    If you made a backup of your device at any point recently, you can restore the messages. The only problem with this method is that it will replace whatever messages you have on your device currently with those contained in the backup. Go to the backup and restore section of DM. Then click the advanced tab. In the upper lefthand corner, click file and then open. Now select the backup file that contains the messages. In the section to the left click Messages and finally click the double arrows point to the right. This will transfer all the messages to your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 03:58 PM
    Not to be rude, but I did mention that my recent backups are corrupt and I cant use them. Just gives me errors when I try to restore or go to the advanced menu.
    03-21-09 04:11 PM
    Not that I know of unless you forward them all back to yourself.
    03-21-09 04:17 PM
    Not that I know of unless you forward them all back to yourself.
    Correcto! I lost mine as well. I actually hit save on the ones I need though
    03-21-09 04:19 PM
    Thats what i was afraid of.
    03-21-09 04:20 PM
    Yea it sucks but it is way worth it in my opinion.
    03-21-09 04:21 PM
    Well i just tried to forward one to my self. It comes as unread on gmail.com but it did not get forwarded to my berry.
    03-21-09 04:34 PM
    I just did find that they are still in my messages folder. The one that all txt and emails go in to. They are just no longer in my gmail folder.
    03-21-09 04:35 PM
    Hmm...well atleast you have them in your messages folder then.
    03-21-09 04:43 PM
    I use the regular blackberry email for day to day emails. However when I want to find and search old emails from way back, I find the gmail app is more useful.
    03-21-09 04:55 PM
    Well I removed my gmail, and did the manual add of IMAP and now it seems to work when i move stuff from trash to inbox it resends to my berry.
    03-21-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD