That the BBJ100 is, in fact, a new BBMobile device. Let's further imagine that it is indeed the new KEY3, successor to the KEY2.

Now, let's walk together down a sane, stable, based-in-reality type of road. Talk to me about what this new KEY3 looks like, feels like, and how it's different from the KEY2.

Ah-ah-ah-ahhhh! Before your lips push out the words: slider, square, 1:1, or fold, remember, this road is not headed to crazy town. It is headed to reality town and is paved with rational thoughts.

So tell me weary BlackBerry traveler...tell me about the all new BlackBerry KEY3.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-16-19 07:11 AM
    That the BBJ100 is, in fact, a new BBMobile device. Let's further imagine that it is indeed the new KEY3, successor to the KEY2.

Now, let's walk together down a sane, stable, based-in-reality type of road. Talk to me about what this new KEY3 looks like, feels like, and how it's different from the KEY2.

Ah-ah-ah-ahhhh! Before your lips push out the words: slider, square, 1:1, or fold, remember, this road is not headed to crazy town. It is headed to reality town and is paved with rational thoughts.

So tell me weary BlackBerry traveler...tell me about the all new BlackBerry KEY3.
    If it is a BBMo product... my guess it will look much like the KEY2, but with a notch and hopefully no navigation "area".
    RK_BB, the_boon and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-16-19 08:44 AM
    I know this is about what the KEY3 will look like but I honestly don't think it's going to be an updated KEY2. They have 2 devices that have support for another 2 years right? Why wouldn't they put out a different form factor late this year to early next and then the updated KEY3 series late next year?
    05-16-19 08:49 AM
    If it is a BBMo product... my guess it will look much like the KEY2, but with a notch and hopefully no navigation "area".
    Tell me more about the " no navigation area"
    05-16-19 08:50 AM
    Please NO Notch!
    DWonder and Luke Beauchamp like this.
    05-16-19 08:56 AM
    Tell me more about the " no navigation area"
    He referring to the dedicated Android navigation buttons.
    05-16-19 08:57 AM
    I know this is about what the KEY3 will look like but I honestly don't think it's going to be an updated KEY2. They have 2 devices that have support for another 2 years right? Why wouldn't they put out a different form factor late this year to early next and then the updated KEY3 series late next year?
    If we use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ example, the KEY² only has 14 months left of patch support.
    05-16-19 08:58 AM
    If we use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ example, the KEY² only has one year left of support.
    So let's say the KEY2 loses support mid next year. Is it the end of the world if the devices drops late next year, early 2021?

Do you think Monet is an updated key2?
    05-16-19 09:00 AM
    Not clear if it's 2 Years or 1 Year of support left.... looking like it might only be 1 Year.

Why wouldn't they put out a different form factor... right now? Would have given them something to talk about a MWC - fill a gap in development and production.
    05-16-19 09:01 AM
    No idea what, if anything, the Monet is.

If they plan to stay in this business, they have to release one within the next 12 months, otherwise they would have no current product that is supported. Early 2020 at the very latest.
    05-16-19 09:05 AM
    Not clear if it's 2 Years or 1 Year of support left.... looking like it might only be 1 Year.

Why wouldn't they put out a different form factor... right now? Would have given them something to talk about a MWC - fill a gap in development and production.
    Well besides the fact that its been said they aren't following the annual release schedule that other manufacturers follow, I think IF they are changing the form factor there is going to be a lot of R&D that goes into it.
    05-16-19 09:05 AM
    No idea what, if anything, the Monet is.

If they plan to stay in this business, they have to release one within the next 12 months, otherwise they would have no current product that is supported. Early 2020 at the very latest.
    What's in the 1st quarter of 2020 as far as tech shows go? Anything? That would be a good time.
    05-16-19 09:08 AM

My eyes have never had the joy of resting upon a KEY2, nor a KEY2 LE for that matter, except in photos.
    But I would suggest that a KEY3 would be ever so slightly taller than the KEY1 and KEY2. It would have no notch (ahem) but would capture some screen space from above and below.
    It would have amazing cameras, a true upgrade from the KEY2 cameras. It would have a keyboard that was more like the quality of the key2, and made in a similar fashion go the Priv's keyboard, which I have been told could be made to have a measure of water resistance.
    It would come with dual sim and a very large memory. In short, a flagship.
    It would have a powerful battery.
    It would be sturdy and sleek and come in black, silver and black, champaign and black, and red and black.
    05-16-19 09:09 AM
    What's in the 1st quarter of 2020 as far as tech shows go? Anything? That would be a good time.
    CES would be fine - assuming a product is ready to go almost immediately. January 7th to 10th.
    05-16-19 09:10 AM
    He referring to the dedicated Android navigation buttons.
    Ahhh ok. Thanks 👍👍
    05-16-19 09:10 AM
    It would have a keyboard that was more like the quality of the key2, and made in a similar fashion go the Priv's keyboard, which I have been told could be made to have a measure of water resistance.
    Yes please TCL, do this!

PS: I'm the one that aggressively suggested this idea, both in the forums and to BBMo directly, on instagram AND in person to at least 5 people at the Paris event last November.
    Hope they took my idea seriously.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-16-19 11:58 AM
    Funny.. I imagine Monet as a full touch while everyone suspects a 'KEY3'.
    john_v likes this.
    05-16-19 03:37 PM
    Yes please TCL, do this!

PS: I'm the one that aggressively suggested this idea, both in the forums and to BBMo directly, on instagram AND in person to at least 5 people at the Paris event last November.
    Hope they took my idea seriously.
    Your idea... has been one of the key features of premium smartphone for a few years now. I'm pretty sure BBMo is aware of it and how much cost it would add to the phone. Just like they are aware of AMOLED Screens, High Definition Speakers, Wireless Charging, 800 series processors.....

Would be cool if BBMo came to CrackBerry and did a Poll to ask what feature you most wanted - but included what they would cost.
    05-16-19 03:39 PM
    Your idea... has been one of the key features of premium smartphone for a few years now. I'm pretty sure BBMo is aware of it and how much cost it would add to the phone. Just like they are aware of AMOLED Screens, High Definition Speakers, Wireless Charging, 800 series processors.....

Would be cool if BBMo came to CrackBerry and did a Poll to ask what feature you most wanted - but included what they would cost.
    I think the most requested would be an AMOLED stretching all the way to the top row of the keyboard.

Up second place, dual speakers or IP rating etc...
    05-16-19 03:42 PM
    I'm probably one of the few hoping you're right.

I actually hope they stay away from amoled screens. Having experience with it on an S8 and now an S9, while they look great at first, they are highly susceptible to burn-in. I was very careful on the S8 which I had for a little over a year before it hit the ground and broke the screen. Now it just shows a flickering bright light green screen, but I can still make out the old location of the Hub icon that was on the bottom dock.

My oldest son had an S8 too, and he played some game for so long that it burned in several screen icons, and the overall screen now has a mostly pink cast to it except at the edges.
    05-16-19 04:19 PM
    I'm probably one of the few hoping you're right.
    I actually hope they stay away from amoled screens. Having experience with it on an S8 and now an S9, while they look great at first, they are highly susceptible to burn-in. I was very careful on the S8 which I had for a little over a year before it hit the ground and broke the screen. Now it just shows a flickering bright light green screen, but I can still make out the old location of the Hub icon that was on the bottom dock.

My oldest son had an S8 too, and he played some game for so long that it burned in several screen icons, and the overall screen now has a mostly pink cast to it except at the edges.
    What type of screens are my KEYones and XR considered? I always just buy the name and other specs. I though burn-in was problem of the past. Done away with after the introduction of indoor plumbing and vaccinations.
    05-16-19 04:40 PM
    What type of screens are my KEYones and XR considered? I always just buy the name and other specs. I though burn-in was problem of the past. Done away with after the introduction of indoor plumbing and vaccinations.
    KEYone and XR both have IPS LCD's which by nature cannot get burn in.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both AMOLED and LCD.

Well, actually, the only "disadvantage" of LCD is that it doesn't look as good, the blacks don't look as deep. It makes a big difference, but AMOLEDs are just more prone to problems overall.
    And yes, even Samsungs and they are considered the king of the AMOLED game.
    I can't remember how many S7 Edge phones I've seen that had a bright pink line going from the top to the bottom of the display.

Not pretty at all.
    05-16-19 04:49 PM
    You has just got included on my Christmas list
    05-16-19 04:50 PM
    Hmmmmmm
    05-16-19 04:52 PM
    In an ocean already full and saturated of slab phones?
    Not sure that would be a good move, since they apparently already having hard times selling unique kind of devices...
    the_boon likes this.
    05-16-19 05:06 PM
74 123