iPhones? I call them i**** They're not trendy, not from this point of view. Among other things it shows that Vancouverites don't like Canada/Canadian products very much. We/they would rather be distracted by idiots on sticks and ice skates chasing rubber rocks rather than think about purchases and where their money goes to help. Which state do they care really about? North or South of the 49th Parallel?
    Yes, why get excited about hockey when you can get all frothy at the mouth about a ******* phone? That makes much more sense. Oh, and Canada has provinces, not states.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TgeekB, reeneebob and MikeX74 like this.
    01-17-16 04:23 PM
    I see Blackberrys. Almost every time I go out. It can be hard at times I was talking to an IT who used to work for Telus a few months ago and he was surprised I was still using a BlackBerry because they went out of business.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 06:50 PM
    Only Blackberries I see in Vancouver are at work in the federal departments, where they are chock full of them (mainly work Q10s). Lots more when I travel to Ontario though.

Taken as an isolated bubble, Blackberry is doing fine in Canada; not thriving but the status quo in the public sector should be sustainable.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 11:51 PM
    Only Blackberries I see in Vancouver are at work in the federal departments, where they are chock full of them (mainly work Q10s). Lots more when I travel to Ontario though.

Taken as an isolated bubble, Blackberry is doing fine in Canada; not thriving but the status quo in the public sector should be sustainable.

Posted via CB10
    No, the above statement is only true of the GTA ..greater a Toronto Area. Not even status quo there either.
    01-19-16 01:43 AM
    iPhones? I call them i**** They're not trendy, not from this point of view. Among other things it shows that Vancouverites don't like Canada/Canadian products very much. We/they would rather be distracted by idiots on sticks and ice skates chasing rubber rocks rather than think about purchases and where their money goes to help. Which state do they care really about? North or South of the 49th Parallel?
    This post reflects more negative things about you than any iPhone user.
    TgeekB, reeneebob and Rello like this.
    01-19-16 07:29 AM
    This post reflects more negative things about you than any iPhone user.
    Indeed. The hate is strong with this one.
    01-19-16 12:08 PM
    Yeah newsflash for you bud, Canadians care more about the greatest sport on earth than a silly phone

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, reeneebob and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-19-16 12:46 PM
    No, the above statement is only true of the GTA ..greater a Toronto Area. Not even status quo there either.
    Not if you work in federal public sector, which employs something like 300,000 employees. I travel to Ottawa several times a year and there are plenty of them everywhere - meeting rooms, Tim Hortons, elevator queue, etc. They're nowhere to be found in BC or AB except in the same federal public offices where in the elevator or the boardroom, almost everyone whips the Q10 out. Not just managers too, non-supervisory staff and professionals have them. Even some clerks.

This is why I'm convinced BB10 will continue to "exist" for a few years still, because governments (particularly the Canadian one) will continue to employ them and demand their services, and thus there will be plenty of reason for BB10 to continue getting the latest security updates and any changes to compliance with core functions such as email (but probably absolutely nothing else).

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 01:12 PM
    Not if you work in federal public sector, which employs something like 300,000 employees. I travel to Ottawa several times a year and there are plenty of them everywhere - meeting rooms, Tim Hortons, elevator queue, etc. They're nowhere to be found in BC or AB except in the same federal public offices where in the elevator or the boardroom, almost everyone whips the Q10 out. Not just managers too, non-supervisory staff and professionals have them. Even some clerks.

This is why I'm convinced BB10 will continue to "exist" for a few years still, because governments (particularly the Canadian one) will continue to employ them and demand their services, and thus there will be plenty of reason for BB10 to continue getting the latest security updates and any changes to compliance with core functions such as email (but probably absolutely nothing else).

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps we could get a post from a federal civil servant to confirm. The Q10 is now an old device. I do not imagine that they will continue along the same path. Friends over at the province have migrated from BB already. When worked at the feds only managers got BB's.

Regardless, I hope you are correct.

A lot of posters seem to think that government and high security
    users can sustain the BB10 platform. I do not see how BlackBerry can make a profit with BB10 given the loss they incur by having to keep improving and advancing BB10. I think the Leap was the last chance for this sector and the device failed.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-19-16 at 05:37 PM.
    01-19-16 04:44 PM
    Yeah newsflash for you bud, Canadians care more about the greatest sport on earth than a silly phone

Posted via CB10
    There is an iOS app that will filter out any reference to hockey in other apps.
    01-19-16 09:03 PM
    There is an iOS app that will filter out any reference to hockey in other apps.
    NOOOO, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WITCHCRAFT LIKE THAT EXISTS!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 09:12 PM
    When I was in Ottawa on vacation I saw a ton of Blackberries but that is to be expected in the Capital. I work for the Ontario government and BlackBerry are the issue phones for senior staff. Models are refreshed every two years so there are a few Z10's still floating around, Z30's and Q10's seem the most popular (mine is a Q10), I am seeing a lot more Passports, Classics and even a few Leaps. I have heard that they are even testing out some Priv's.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-20-16 03:56 AM
    Hell, I live in Ottawa and rarely see a BlackBerry device.
    I haven't even seen a Priv

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-20-16 09:16 AM
    Perhaps we could get a post from a federal civil servant to confirm. The Q10 is now an old device. I do not imagine that they will continue along the same path. Friends over at the province have migrated from BB already. When worked at the feds only managers got BB's.

Regardless, I hope you are correct.

A lot of posters seem to think that government and high security
    users can sustain the BB10 platform. I do not see how BlackBerry can make a profit with BB10 given the loss they incur by having to keep improving and advancing BB10. I think the Leap was the last chance for this sector and the device failed.
    I actually am a federal civil servant, why else do you think I have so much time to post on CB It also kick-started my loyalty to BB, as they were the real deal and portrayed an image of success, importance and seniority back in the mid-2000s when I first joined.

I'm in an office of around 200 employees and all of our managers (even mid level ones with very low amount of staff to supervise, maybe 2-3) and the whole comms team have Q10s. I was given a lowly older 8520 for corporate email on travel duty that I rarely even turn on as I just take the laptop, and I'm not in a senior enough of a position to have to respond asap. We're also supposedly replacing all the landlines with cellular devices - no idea what they might be, though given GoC's love affair with Blackberries, I wouldn't be surprised if they were some form of them.

I don't ever recall seeing another Blackberry outside of my office or at the YVR in the wild in Vancouver since the late 2000s.

I maintain that I think as long as BB exists as a company, the Canadian gov't will always continue to purchase their phones over the competition. Maybe it does illustrate how slow to adopt technology the public service is!
    01-20-16 05:37 PM
    I'm Canadian, so's my brother and we have Blackberrys and we live in Vancouver.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 05:52 PM
    So good it was said twice even.

You got to love how folks are able to make sweeping nationalistic generations based on device choice.

Hilarious.
    Well they hate snow in Vancouver and it's a dangerous town whe nsnow arrives. They also buy all their gas, cheese and milk south of th border but are good Canucks when they need a Doctor....
    Just saying

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:20 PM
    My apologies if this mess was reported and never addressed, and a request that if it were not reported, y'all do just that in the future instead of responding.
    02-14-16 12:17 AM
67 123