Despite I was a fair BB loyalist cause its great features: best OS ever, good built quality, security..etc I'm done with them. After bought a Classic ( the best phone ever for me ) now we all must turn to Android cause BB's board neglected BB ecosystem and some others market wished features for many years. Why do I have to buy a Priv or other BB droid when I have a huge and superior market to choose from ? Buying a Priv is like marrying once again my ex, when there're better chances out there for sure.

Personally I won't buy any other BB and live with that threat of: company going out of business, bought out...etc and finishing again with other useless piece of hardware.
    nappalonia, cribble2k and rt2567 like this.
    07-08-16 04:31 AM
    There's another thread for these.
    07-08-16 04:52 AM
    Buying a phone is less of a commitment than marriage. Just keep using your Classic or buy an Android if you need a bunch of aaps.

Posted via CB10
    raremage and TCB on Z10 like this.
    07-08-16 06:57 AM
    Despite I was a fair BB loyalist cause its great features: best OS ever, good built quality, security..etc I'm done with them. After bought a Classic ( the best phone ever for me ) now we all must turn to Android cause BB's board neglected BB ecosystem and some others market wished features for many years. Why do I have to buy a Priv or other BB droid when I have a huge and superior market to choose from ? Buying a Priv is like marrying once again my ex, when there're better chances out there for sure.

Personally I won't buy any other BB and live with that threat of: company going out of business, bought out...etc and finishing again with other useless piece of hardware.
    It's a phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:23 AM
    OMG dude.... it's a phone. Build a bridge and get over it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:02 AM
    Build a bridge and get over it.

Posted via CB10
    Nice, haven't heard that expression before!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:13 AM
    OMG dude.... it's a phone. Build a bridge and get over it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure OP is just joking around with everyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 09:59 AM
    I thought it sounded serious

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    07-08-16 10:02 AM
    I thought it sounded serious

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    I hope not lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 10:12 AM
    You don't have to switch to Android at all if you don't want to, the Classic is still getting updates in 2016 and likely will in 2017 as well.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-08-16 11:10 AM
    When you leave, can I have your Bb10 stuff? I'll hopefully be using it for years.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:23 AM
    If BlackBerry forces me to switch with cash, I'd do it.

But they haven't. So it's a free choice.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    togarika likes this.
    07-08-16 12:21 PM
    The People have a rare obsession of change device every year, i still have my Z10, two years and works like the First day, with four Major Updates, how many Android devices can said that?

Android is OS thinked for the operators not for the users, everytime, every day, Android is updating some App, consuming your data, whats mean more money for the Big Operators, for that reasons they Support more than BB10.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and bh7171 like this.
    07-08-16 01:42 PM
    every day, Android is updating some App, consuming your data, whats mean more money for the Big Operators, for that reasons they Support more than BB10.

Posted via CB10
    So you have a problem with apps that are well-supported and have quick update cycles? Ok. Turn off automatic updates if you like.
    Last edited by conite; 07-08-16 at 06:29 PM.
    07-08-16 01:55 PM
    Android is OS thinked for the operators not for the users, everytime, every day, Android is updating some App, consuming your data, whats mean more money for the Big Operators, for that reasons they Support more than BB10.
    My phones are set to update only when attached to WiFi, so they don't consume a single byte of my mobile data. In fact, that was a setting I set in my Nexus phone 4 years ago, and automatically came over with my LG G4 that I upgraded to last year. Pressing one button in 4 years wasn't exactly difficult or taxing.

But that's what Android is all about: CHOICE.

Also, most people APPRECIATE having apps that are actively supported by their developers. In fact, I would think BB10 users, more than anyone, would appreciate having apps that are supported rather than abandoned or only occasionally given some attention. But, if you don't like updates, it's also quite easy to turn Auto Update to OFF - takes a whole button press.

If Google was handing out stacks of $100 bills to people, I'm sure you'd find a way to make that a bad thing too...
    07-08-16 05:21 PM
    I don't say the Blackberry itself is innocent in case of sales drop, but the most important reason the hardware division is bankrupt now, is Blackberry's loyal users turning their back. That's why I'm going to use one till it's still alive. But, don't except me to ever buy one of those Blackberries running Android either! Because IMO, buying an Android device from Blackberry is worse than buying a Non-Blackberry device!
    They are not bankrupt yet...
    Blackberry doesn't care about its loyal BB10 users, so why should those users care about BlackBerry?
    anon(9878325) and acovey like this.
    07-09-16 04:51 AM
    Blackberry doesn't care about its loyal BB10 users, so why should those users care about BlackBerry?
    Obviously those users don't need to care about Blackberry, but if Blackberry had cared about innovating in the 2007-2010 time frame, this conversation thread wouldn't exist. Blackberry would have a lot more users now, and the company would have a lot more reason to support BB10.
    anon(9878325) likes this.
    07-09-16 08:39 AM
    Well. Just assume the marriage is over and has to move on. I m keeping corpses Q10 and 9900 (my z30 is buried). Enjoying new life with wifey 6S.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:03 AM
    You stick with Blackberry because they are still the best, even at their worst ; )
    07-09-16 09:42 AM
    Some have huffed enough paint to convince themselves that BlackBerry is the sole lawful good company fighting the good fight against the evil Apple, Microsoft and Google.
    07-09-16 09:48 AM
    Some have eaten so many apples they have convinced them of exactly the opposite.
    07-09-16 09:56 AM
    To me a mobile phone is about as exciting as a screwdriver. It just needs to feel good In your hand and get the job done.

BB10 is still great for me. None of its limitations have any impact for the functions upon which I rely.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9878325) and acovey like this.
    07-09-16 04:53 PM
    The People have a rare obsession of change device every year, i still have my Z10, two years and works like the First day, with four Major Updates, how many Android devices can said that?

Posted via CB10
    I hope it works better than the first day. I remember the first day. It wasn't as pretty or romantic as people seem to remember it.
    Jerry A likes this.
    07-09-16 06:20 PM
    To me a mobile phone is about as exciting as a screwdriver. It just needs to feel good In your hand and get the job done.

BB10 is still great for me. None of its limitations have any impact for the functions upon which I rely.

Posted via CB10
    I love the Classic form factor. There are still times when I am tempted to swap my SIM and use it for a while.

But the app support and ecosystem on the Priv is excellent, and I find it's too much hassle to lose out on all the different apps I use to organize my life.

If they come out with an android powered Classic, I would be all over it.
    07-09-16 06:21 PM
    everytime, every day, Android is updating some App, consuming your data
    I'm on unlimited, and I mean "unlimited" data, for only USD 12 per month.
    07-09-16 11:23 PM
35 12