Wouldnt it be worth it for a tcl or other massive chinese phone manufacturer to buy blackberry at this point? I know this was blocked before... but at some point it makes sense for everyone?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 01:47 PM
    A company needs to be sale first in order to be sold. BlackBerry isn't actively for sale, though, I'm sure they'd look at offers as John Chen hasn't mentioned many times.
    web99 and bakron1 like this.
    10-06-16 02:02 PM
    That again would have to depend on the Canadian Government.
    zephyr613 and web99 like this.
    10-06-16 02:03 PM
    1. Canadian government won't approve such an acquisition, in fear that 'high' technologies may be leaked to China.

2. Actually there's not much high technology. BlackBerry is not interesting to Chinese phone industry just like it isn't interesting to, say, Apple.

3. Even in North American and European market the name 'BlackBerry' doesn't sound very good these days. What a Chinese phone maker is supposed to do with the name?

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-06-16 02:19 PM
    I don't know if they can afford it. It will be very expensive to buy.
    10-07-16 07:15 AM
    1. Canadian government won't approve such an acquisition, in fear that 'high' technologies may be leaked to China.

2. Actually there's not much high technology. BlackBerry is not interesting to Chinese phone industry just like it isn't interesting to, say, Apple.

3. Even in North American and European market the name 'BlackBerry' doesn't sound very good these days. What a Chinese phone maker is supposed to do with the name?

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    BlackBerry name is pretty decent in Asia and middle east.
    10-07-16 07:17 AM
    I am a BB user in China. And I am pretty sure many chinese phone makers are pretty rich......the only reason is making Blackberry won't bring them profit. They have designed android system and millions of apps, and the can get any parts they want to assemble well designed mobile phones. Some details, they even beats Apple. Take the new Dtek 50 as example, it takes snapdragon 625 but such kinds of cell phones are usually $150 in China.......

If BB hope to get profit in China, a good way is to build a good android app market and provide security standard and privacy protect solution.
    10-09-16 02:05 AM
    I am a BB user in China. And I am pretty sure many chinese phone makers are pretty rich......the only reason is making Blackberry won't bring them profit. They have designed android system and millions of apps, and the can get any parts they want to assemble well designed mobile phones. Some details, they even beats Apple. Take the new Dtek 50 as example, it takes snapdragon 625 but such kinds of cell phones are usually $150 in China.......

If BB hope to get profit in China, a good way is to build a good android app market and provide security standard and privacy protect solution.
    10-09-16 02:07 AM
    I'm suprised Apple didn't buy Blackberry a few years ago and they could have had them for a song. Apple could have taken advantage of all the BBM patents when imessage was "boring" to everyone.

But of course NOW Apple is applying a lot of new innovation to the imessage app.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-09-16 02:14 AM