But how do I switch the info I have on my 2 gb memory card to the new 8 gb I just got in the mail? I have some pictures on there I don't want to lose.

I know I should know this, but I don't. Thanks!
    01-23-09 10:37 PM
    Cant you just put the card into your PC and slide them over and vice versa?
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-23-09 at 10:50 PM.
    01-23-09 10:43 PM
    Copy the pics to your computer via the USB cable and mass storage mode. Swap cards. Copy files from the computer to the new card.
    01-23-09 10:48 PM
    Yup that is the better way, no idea why I did not think of that since that is what I do myself almost daily setting up wallpapers/ringtones etc.
    01-23-09 10:51 PM
    Copy the pics to your computer via the USB cable and mass storage mode. Swap cards. Copy files from the computer to the new card.
    This would be the easier of the ways I think.
    01-23-09 10:56 PM
    I guess if you are trying to avoid using your computer, you could move your files back to your phone, then put in your new card and move the files onto your new card.

The computer would be the easiest though.
    01-23-09 11:11 PM
    how to turn this mass storage mode on with the Bold 9000? Turn it by accident off for always when connected my USB cable...

oooppsss... already SOLVED! OPTIONS > MEMORY
    Last edited by StayNuts; 01-24-09 at 02:21 AM.
    01-24-09 02:02 AM
    If its like the Curve you go to: Options>Media Card>Mass storage Mode support = ON
    01-24-09 02:11 AM
    Whne you place the new card into the phone, you must format (Options, Media Card, press Menu, Format) it in the phone. This creates the folder structure required by the BlackBerry. If you format on the PC, this structure will not be created.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Desktop Manager must be installed on your PC and should be able to display your PIN number at bottom left of the DM panel when the phone is connected. This test confirms good working of the USB interface with the phone.

Desktop Manager MUST NOT be running for Mass Storage Mode to work or to be used.
    01-24-09 02:27 AM
    you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
    01-24-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD