Oh, I'd agree that the company is still alive. You're right about that, it's a different discussion about BB10.

I think BBRY will live on or be acquired. BB10, though, is dead regardless of whether there are still BB10 phones out there that work.
    Now yer changing yer itune. You just inferred that BlackBerry was dead which prompted my stock comment.

Posted via my Q5 on a dead OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 04:58 PM
    Now yer changing yer itune. You just inferred that BlackBerry was dead which prompted my stock comment.

Posted via my Q5 on a dead OS.

Posted via CB10
    I think a quick review of my posts over the last week will show that I do think BlackBerry will survive with their new collection of businesses. I don't think the handset business will survive. I think BB10 is already dead.
    02-29-16 05:30 PM
    If it keeps working this fantastic, then then yeah I intend to keep the same phone.

The smartphone industry has plateaued. Nothing but incremental changes coming in the foreseeable future anyways. Ever see a smartphone display at the mall? It is a tsunami of sameness. Nothing new there. Soooo... if your current phone is working great, then keep using it. You don't need to see what the Jones are using for a phone, to vindicate your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Great alliteration
    02-29-16 05:50 PM
    I think a quick review of my posts over the last week will show that I do think BlackBerry will survive with their new collection of businesses. I don't think the handset business will survive. I think BB10 is already dead.
    I think that a quick review of your post that I replied to indicated that BlackBerry was dead. I was merely pointing out that the stock was up today. It could be back down tomorrown who knows.

As far as bb10 is concerned, you may be correct. Maybe there is only room for the big 2 operating systems with windows tanking soon after. But technology changes quickly and it ain't over till it is over. (Apple is the perfect example of rags to riches). Personally, I like diversity for the consumer, but that may be soon a thing of the past.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:40 PM
    My only hope is that someone up there in Waterloo are reading some of these post relating to Blackberry OS10 and the future of Blackberry products.

They have one of the most loyal user base out there and I don't understand why they continue to not communicate with folks who still line up to buy their products who are dwindling more and more every day?
    What would you have BB say? The folks in Waterloo know very well what is being said in the forums. They choose to be ambiguous on purpose. Anyone who has worked in or around Corporate PR can tell you these BB messages are crafted very carefully.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-16 12:29 AM
    My only hope is that someone up there in Waterloo are reading some of these post relating to Blackberry OS10 and the future of Blackberry products.

They have one of the most loyal user base out there and I don't understand why they continue to not communicate with folks who still line up to buy their products who are dwindling more and more every day?
    The BlackBerry CEO really messed up saying that they might stop making devices altogether. That is not the message you want to give on the eve of launching a new device.
    I don't even like the Android direction - I think they need to get back to their roots if they are going to survive, but considering how sensitive the tech community is to adopting negativity towards "alternative" products that was a really bad move if your hoping to sell devices.
    A smart CEO understood some things you keep to yourself and you only share things that make you look good, and some things you don't share at all you just surprise and wow everyone later .
    Thats why iconic companies like Ford had exclusive rooms for discussing prototypes.. and they locked up key engineers for months in those rooms.
    03-01-16 12:41 AM
    What would you have BB say? The folks in Waterloo know very well what is being said in the forums. They choose to be ambiguous on purpose. Anyone who has worked in or around Corporate PR can tell you these BB messages are crafted very carefully.
    Yep and look at the end result!!!!
    03-01-16 03:59 AM
    Yes and they know the results well so the current ambiguous messages are deliberate and planned.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    03-01-16 02:37 PM
    Yes, the result is they are managing to sell some of what they have left in BB10 inventory, with little new or ongoing investment. This helps balance the books and has bought Chen the time he needs to acquire the set of companies which are the future of BlackBerry.

That's the reason for the deliberate ambiguity.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    03-01-16 02:48 PM
    Yes, the result is they are managing to sell some of what they have left in BB10 inventory, with little new or ongoing investment. This helps balance the books and has bought Chen the time he needs to acquire the set of companies which are the future of BlackBerry.

That's the reason for the deliberate ambiguity.
    Time will tell if he has made the right decisions? I also believe that he is taking the company in the direction of being a security software and solutions company. Whether the hardware division survives or not will depend on the next few quarterly results.
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-02-16 03:14 AM
    As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think handsets will survive as a division, which is a shame considering I was looking at the Priv to eventually replace my OG passport. Now, not so sure about that.

I think BlackBerry will stick around as a company, albeit a software and end user security company, one that government bodies, banks, armed forces and healthcare institutions will trust and rely on to manage devices, but the future isn't in big contracts to sell bulk amounts of devices anymore, regardless of what BlackBerry is carefully constructing their answers toward. Will the Priv cater to android centric users due to app selection, yes. But the device is priced too much from a consumer standpoint, because they don't understand the innards and security abilities of the device. They look at specs, and when comparing specs to other devices, 8 times out of 10 the Priv will be bypassed, unless of course the slider format is what draws someone in.

Good luck BlackBerry, not sure if I myself will stick around as an end-user, but I still love a great turn around story.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:30 AM
36 12