I am a loyal Verizon user and have had the Storm (1) since it came out but I am ready to jump ship to a new BB. Even with 5.0, I'm still not thrilled with the Storm. I went from the 8330 WE to the Storm but realized now that I just want a good old physical keyboard similar to the 8330.

I send several e-mails and SMS' and want something that has good internet access speed. I am a "business user".

Which device do you experts recommended? I like the new Bold but I don't think VZW will carry it.

What would you do?

PS...I've got the new toy itch.
    11-05-09 01:18 PM
    tour. you will be much happier in the tour forum as well. we are nice people.
    11-05-09 01:20 PM
    I like the new Bold but I don't think VZW will carry it.
    That is the problem in a nut shell. Research in Motion build many different models, but it is the carrier that determines which ones you can choose from.

What does Verizon offer, the Tour?

Seems to me, having 256 Mb of memory will offset the 3G speed advantage.
    11-05-09 01:23 PM
    Touchscreen keyboards blow. Even those people who say they can type as fast on one as a physical keyboard always end up making mistakes. I can't send messages or emails with a bunch of typos or nobody will hire me. And I send about 30 messages/emails a day.

It's not even about the "click" of the keys as it is about being able to feel each individual key.

If touchscreen keyboards were as good as regular ones you'd see a whole lot of laptops using them.

Touchscreens are great for media, terrible for messaging. Simple as that.
    11-05-09 03:29 PM
    i have a friend who has had the storm 1 for almost a year now and absolutely hates it so i can see where you are coming from with your wanting to switch out. definitely check out the tour like they were mentioning. is the bold 2 available for VZW too? if so, forget tour, bold 9700 then haha. i have bold 1 and i love the physical keyboard (switched from an iphone of 2 years so touchscreen is a leap of change hehe)
    11-05-09 03:36 PM
    Touchscreen keyboards blow. Even those people who say they can type as fast on one as a physical keyboard always end up making mistakes. I can't send messages or emails with a bunch of typos or nobody will hire me. And I send about 30 messages/emails a day.

It's not even about the "click" of the keys as it is about being able to feel each individual key.

If touchscreen keyboards were as good as regular ones you'd see a whole lot of laptops using them.

I assume you are recommending the tour?
    11-05-09 03:52 PM

I agree, but I am trapped in the middle ground and really craving a big touch screen for media and browsing, but the main thing I use my phone for is messaging.

Consequently, I love my BB, but I'm currently tempted by others.
    11-05-09 04:20 PM
    in that case you might consider a sliding keyboard
    11-05-09 04:22 PM
    in that case you might consider a sliding keyboard
    Yes, it's something I'm considering.

I previewed the Droid, but wasn't crazy about the D-pad on the right of the keyboard. I'm waiting to see what the initial purchasrers have to say about the keyboard and the reliability of the mail delivery.

Maybe I'll just get a Tour and ask for an ipod touch for Christmas.
    11-05-09 04:27 PM
    Don't blame ya. I traded in my Storm1 for Curve- couldn't stand the touchscreen kb and like OP, I send lots of msgs and emails so I can't waste time fixing typing errors. Will prob get a Tour next time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 05:34 PM
    Congrats on the jump. Touchscreens are consumer-friendly but not great at all for business use in my opinion. Typing is extremely inconvenient on a touchscreen.
    11-05-09 05:48 PM
    Wait a bit until the updated Tour with trackpad and wifi comes to VZW, imo, it will be the closest thing to the 9700 you will get at Verizon. If the trackpad and wifi and a lack of patience aren't a concern then the current Tour is a good choice.

11-05-09 06:24 PM
    I took the jump and just bought the Tour. It's very similar in funcionality to my old 8830 WE. Feel like I'm back in control. Take the jump!
    11-05-09 09:44 PM
    i knew somebody was going to complain about this lol.
    11-05-09 10:05 PM
    This is why dropped the iphone! I had to have a physical keyboard because typing on the screen just wasn't cutting for me! I send over 6000 text a month, I don't have that kind of editing time!

11-06-09 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD