Good luck all, really. I've thought alot about my usage, my needs and wants. Frankly, BBOS7 and the 9900 itself are everything I could want. My mouse cursor, my keyboard, my apps. I don't want a Z10 and i'm not itching to get a Q10 though i'm fascinated it's named after me. When I can afford to pick up a PB, I'll get my intro to BB10 at that time, but as it stands, I don't really want a BB10 phone and I guess i'm the only one among us who is contented with BBOS. Besides, I don't see a need to enter because if I won i'd probably just sell it and that wouldn't be the most fair thing for someone, though I bet I'd make out pretty good lol.

Anyway, forgive the soapbox. Good luck CB.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-05-13 03:55 AM
    Well thank you for being honest and considerate. That's very nice of you and I hope all goes well on your end!
    02-05-13 04:00 AM
    Why not enter and if you win give it to me.

I do like my 9900 too but going to try out the 10.
    02-05-13 04:07 AM
    I also love my 9930 and it's everything I want at this time.
    I love to read about all upcoming tech news and excitement around the BB10.

In about a year or 18 months I will get one. I'm strongly attached to my 9930 at the moment.
    02-05-13 06:24 AM
    Hey, ya know what, BP? You're not the only one who's content with your 9900. I am quite satisfied with mine, as evidenced by the fact that I have had no desire to pursue one of the supposedly superior alternatives. And when the Z10 is finally available here, I will approach it with all due diligence to ensure that -- IF I pull the trigger -- it does everything I do with my phone at least as well as my 9900. And, as much as I hope it does, I'm quite prepared for the possibility that it may not. We'll see soon enough.
    02-05-13 06:59 AM
    Hey, ya know what, BP? You're not the only one who's content with your 9900. I am quite satisfied with mine, as evidenced by the fact that I have had no desire to pursue one of the supposedly superior alternatives. And when the Z10 is finally available here, I will approach it with all due diligence to ensure that -- IF I pull the trigger -- it does everything I do with my phone at least as well as my 9900. And, as much as I hope it does, I'm quite prepared for the possibility that it may not. We'll see soon enough.
    I will be your beta tester snugglebear

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-05-13 07:57 AM
    It's kind of refreshing to see there's at least someone else besides myself who's fine with BBOS. Besides, as I said, it's possible to have the 9900 serve as the quintessential daily driver while all the other stuff that surrounds BB10 is fine for the PB, which is really how I see it. To me, BB10 would be good for lots more entertainment type stuff, but as for my email, my writing, my finances and other responsibilities, this device is perfect and fast about it. Can't wait to get a PB.
    02-05-13 08:00 AM
    I hear you BitPusher....although I know I will eventually get a Q10 at some point I am content with my 9900 and PlayBook combination for now. As you referenced, the 9900 does everything I can ask it to do for me and at this point I don't see any upside to getting a BB10 device. So I will let BlackBerry and the new owners get the bugs worked out and I will probably upgrade when I'm satisfied that the new BB10 devices are good to go.

Bob
    02-05-13 08:19 AM
    I will be your beta tester snugglebear

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Can I get a personal demo (and then you can show me how the phone works)?
    02-05-13 09:55 AM
    It's kind of refreshing to see there's at least someone else besides myself who's fine with BBOS. Besides, as I said, it's possible to have the 9900 serve as the quintessential daily driver while all the other stuff that surrounds BB10 is fine for the PB, which is really how I see it. To me, BB10 would be good for lots more entertainment type stuff, but as for my email, my writing, my finances and other responsibilities, this device is perfect and fast about it. Can't wait to get a PB.
    I'm trying to keep an open mind. The brain trust at BB know how the 'traditional' BB users use their phones, and I'm sure they will want to appeal to them as much as to those on the fence or who have already jumped to something else. I will give it a good run through the wringer, and I hope it does fit the bill; but I'm also perfectly ok if it doesn't turn out to be the phone for me.
    02-05-13 09:59 AM
    I hear you BitPusher....although I know I will eventually get a Q10 at some point I am content with my 9900 and PlayBook combination for now. As you referenced, the 9900 does everything I can ask it to do for me and at this point I don't see any upside to getting a BB10 device. So I will let BlackBerry and the new owners get the bugs worked out and I will probably upgrade when I'm satisfied that the new BB10 devices are good to go.

Bob
    For me, if it's gonna be BB10, it will likely be the Z10. The trackpad is at least as vital to me as the physical QWERTY keyboard. If I can adjust to life without a trackpad, I think could even more easily adjust to a virtual keyboard, especially the way they're raving about the Z10's. But to keep this sort of on topic ... it sure would be cool if I could answer that question on a CB-supplied Z10!
    02-05-13 10:05 AM
    I'm not afraid to say it... after how many updates?... my 9900 is finally at the level I always wanted it to be- reliable, good battery life, and it does everything I need it to do... except take pictures as good as my 9780.
    practically speaking... it's everything I need.

however, I'm still in for the free z10
    02-05-13 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD