T-Mobile sucks!!!! We always get second mid entry level phones while, ATT, Verizon and sprint get sicker better phones. I've been salivating at picture of the steamy BB 10 and I'm even thinking of ditching the harsh keyboard for the silky smooth seductive touch screen. But of course....we're getting Sloppy Seconds for Blackberry curves with disappointing battery life that is just disgusting. Anyway...with that said...does anyone know if the 4G is going to be compatible with T-Mobile and will they have an unlocked version available.
    10-23-12 03:51 PM
    Why assume T-Mobile isn't getting BB10? Has there been some sort of confirmation on that?
    10-23-12 04:34 PM
    I think it's more the case that T-mobile users traditionally have gotten the shaft regarding devices, usually getting lower quality versions of phones. I have T-mobile, and I'm willing to wait first to see what they announce they're getting. After all, they did get the GS3, so I'm holding out hope they'll get a quality BB10 phone.
    10-23-12 04:46 PM
    They've got the 9900 and had the 9810 for a while. Not sure what the problem is...
    10-23-12 04:50 PM
    Now now...

I remember when the 9900 came out, I ported my number to T-Mobile JUST so I could get one (I was with AT&T at the time).

Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 04:55 PM
    Why assume T-Mobile isn't getting BB10? Has there been some sort of confirmation on that?
    Lol of coarse not. U know people on crackberry just love to vent about nothing lol...
    10-23-12 05:13 PM
    I'm not buying an iPad because it can't fill my wiper fuild
    sleepngbear and shemaree09 like this.
    10-23-12 05:13 PM
    Now now...

I remember when the 9900 came out, I ported my number to T-Mobile JUST so I could get one (I was with AT&T at the time).

Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Funny how people forget this stuff when them devices released just a year ago
    10-23-12 05:15 PM
    I was just there last week seeing if the had a Note π in stock, which they didn't. They still had the Bold 9900 up as well as the 9810 and no question they will get the top of the line BB.

Not sure why you don't think they have top quality devices.

They had the note 1 late, but always had top Android/BB devices...mid level Window phones though.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    10-23-12 05:45 PM
    It probably has more to do with the AWS spectrum they operate on that restricts the number of devices they get. On the other hand, RIM's newly acquired Paratek company supposedly created an antenna that can be configured for every network in the world (or something to that effect)... Perhaps someone can shed more light on that, as I just left class and am feeling rather lazy right now.
    10-23-12 05:54 PM
    Been with t mobile for 7 years haven't looked back idk why you're with them if you dont like them. I asked a tmo representative if we were getting BB10 there was no hesitation when he said yes. You just need to cool your jets homie
    Jonesy1966 and SK122387 like this.
    10-23-12 05:56 PM
    T-Mobile sucks!!!! We always get second mid entry level phones while, ATT, Verizon and sprint get sicker better phones. I've been salivating at picture of the steamy BB 10 and I'm even thinking of ditching the harsh keyboard for the silky smooth seductive touch screen. But of course....we're getting Sloppy Seconds for Blackberry curves with disappointing battery life that is just disgusting. Anyway...with that said...does anyone know if the 4G is going to be compatible with T-Mobile and will they have an unlocked version available.
    You could always switch to Big Red, right?
    10-24-12 07:44 AM
    That could have something to do with band-width. T-Mobile uses AWS and is one of only 4 carriers in the world to use this frequency, the others being; WIND Mobile Canada, Mobilicity & Videotron; and those 3 probably only have 1M subs between them. It seems, judging by what I've read so far, RIM will be making fewer versions of their phones and making more "standardised" versions making availability moot, especially with the advent of LTE. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned, T-Mo is a big enough carrier for RIM to worry about and I highly doubt T-Mo would forgo BlackBerry phones, especially considering the new platform.
    10-24-12 07:58 AM
    why don't you just change from t-mobile to another supplier?... that way you can get the top tier bb10 device...

if its the contract price that is an issue then fair enough

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ayekon likes this.
    10-24-12 08:58 AM
    you dont have to stay with t-mobile. Just port your number over to a different carrier. Its pretty easy.
    ayekon likes this.
    10-24-12 11:36 AM
    No clue if we're getting this BB10, but we've always gotten all the nice high-end phones, and we do it with WiFi calling feature, unlike everyone else. No clue what your on about, but you're mislead in your theory there. The Curve is a necessary evil, just like with Androids, there's top notch and bottom barrel, for every class of customer to enjoy.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    10-24-12 11:51 AM
    No clue if we're getting this BB10, but we've always gotten all the nice high-end phones, and we do it with WiFi calling feature, unlike everyone else. No clue what your on about, but you're mislead in your theory there. The Curve is a necessary evil, just like with Androids, there's top notch and bottom barrel, for every class of customer to enjoy.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I have no clue what the OP is on about. I left T-Mo for 4 months and switched to Verizon. It was an expensive mistake. I had the Rezound while on Verizon, which was pretty much the exact same phone as the Amaze I had on T-Mo. The ONLY differences were Beats audio (which I never used because it was ONLY available through the stock music player, not Amazon MP3 which is my player of choice) and Sense 3.5 vs Sense 3.0 on the Amaze. Otherwise the user experience using high end HTC devices (at that time, this was before the HTC S/X/Evo LTE were out) was EXACTLY the same. Plus, since I've switched back to T-Mo I now have TWO lines (one value plan and one monthly 4g) for what I was paying for one line on Verizon). I have absolutely NO doubt that the BB10 devices will be available on T-Mo.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    10-24-12 12:11 PM
    It probably has more to do with the AWS spectrum they operate on that restricts the number of devices they get. On the other hand, RIM's newly acquired Paratek company supposedly created an antenna that can be configured for every network in the world (or something to that effect)... Perhaps someone can shed more light on that, as I just left class and am feeling rather lazy right now.
    You don't even need a Paratek-like solution. Look at the Galaxy Nexus (i9250) : it's penta-band UMTS. That's good on every GSM network in North America.

OP, all major (at least flagship) phones have AWS versions, unless you're the bitten fruit. Galaxy S3, Note II, HTC One, BB 99xx...they've all had AWS versions.
    10-24-12 01:49 PM
    You do realize T-Mobile does have the Bold right? That's BB's high tier device. T-Mobile also always pushes BB. They were a good supporter for the OS7 lineup. With BB10 I'm sure they'll have it, and push it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-24-12 01:53 PM