So a friend just recommended me here..I just want to ask... If I download ringtones or games... Am I being charged???
    01-21-09 12:21 AM
    So a friend just recommended me here..I just want to ask... If I download ringtones or games... Am I being charged???
    If you download them from a "store" that is selling them, yes. If you are downloading them from a free source such as Crackberry.com, no.

In other words, you have to be more specific...downloading them from where?

In general though, to be charged, you would have to provide your CC, so no.
    01-21-09 12:24 AM
    i guess that would all depend on where you are downloading them from.... usually if a ringtone or game costs something it will tell you before you download it....
    01-21-09 12:24 AM
    If you download from your carrier's web site you may be automatically charged on your next bill without them asking for your CC. My carrier adds mine to my bill every month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:32 AM
    I'm guessing you mean charged for the data use. If you have a data plan or are using your Wifi connection to download, then no, you won't be charged for any OTA downloads.

You WILL, however be charged if you purchase something that requires a CC number. And watch out for those scammy things where they want you to text them and then they sign you up for some monthly recurring fee/service.
    01-21-09 12:41 AM
    Thnxs.. I guess I should have been more specific.. I'm downloading them from this website (crackberry.com) I'm new to all this website..

i guess that would all depend on where you are downloading them from.... usually if a ringtone or game costs something it will tell you before you download it....
    01-21-09 03:09 AM
    You should not be charged if you have a data plan. Another good spot for ringtones and such that I really like and is free

Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone | Zedge

Peace
    01-21-09 03:13 AM
    Thnxs.. I guess I should have been more specific.. I'm downloading them from this website (crackberry.com) I'm new to all this website..

lol.... no prob ya, ringtones & stuff from here are free, no charge, unless stated otherwise data plan should cover it!
    01-21-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD