Hello all! I have been an 8330 owner for 72 hours, and lurking this site. its fantastic!

my phone is brand new, and has the 4.3

i read on here that an upgrade to 4.5 is now available. should I do it?? what would be the benefits? Im scared of jacking up my phone so soon.

thank you for any help
    02-05-09 07:53 PM
    It is probably not in your best interest to try and upgrade without much research and becoming very familiar with your device. Here is a link to read up on. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 08:00 PM
    it's actually not as painful as you might think, I upgraded mine very shortly after getting my phone and it went without a hitch, just follow the directions.
    And welcome to CB
    02-05-09 08:40 PM
    Hello all! I have been an 8330 owner for 72 hours, and lurking this site. its fantastic!

i read on here that an upgrade to 4.5 is now available. should I do it?? what would be the benefits? Im scared of jacking up my phone so soon.

thank you for any help

It's really up to you, but I would get familiar with your BB a little better, divulge in some Blackberry knowledge and then, and only then decide if you want to update to 4.5 or not.

The Phoneking has spoken...
    02-05-09 08:43 PM
    I knew nothing about my phone when I did my upgrade since I had read here quite a bit before hand and I knew if I ran into trouble my fellow CB friends would help me. I did mine with no trouble at all. If you are not comfortable just wait a while. You are not missing all that much with the difference's in your OS (my opinion and needs) - if you think you are ready to try it give it a shot you will more than likely have no issues.

Welcome to the addiction and good luck on whichever way you play it
    02-05-09 08:46 PM
    could I take it into my local Sprint store and have them do the upgrade? do they do that sort of thing?
    02-06-09 06:08 PM
    could I take it into my local Sprint store and have them do the upgrade? do they do that sort of thing?
    You're going to find better answers on here than what the people in a Sprint store would be able to do for you.
    02-06-09 06:09 PM

thank you for any help
    i have an 8330 & the 4.5 upgrade was my first time upgrading.... i followed the directions on the BB website & all is well
    02-06-09 06:16 PM
    I dont know if the store will do the upgrade for you but I doubt it. I also dont suggest doing the upgrade until your more in tune with your phone. Yes it is easy to do but there are alot of things that can go wrong. All the users here will do everything they can to help you but you still run a risk. The link super gave you is a great start. And to add to that link I suggest looking into the tips part of the forum and reading about crackmem (get from the link in my signature) the memory optimization, and the How to backup third party apps thread.
    02-06-09 06:38 PM
    Jennifer I am with u I had my phone a month and don't feel comfortable doing it. But I read someone reply under the sprint os is here stating they went to a sprint store and they did the upgrade for her. So if you are not far from a store it is worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD