Walked by my AT&T store today and saw this:

I'm in love!!-bb-priv-att-11-9-15.jpg

So I went inside and saw this:

I'm in love!!-bb-priv-display-att-11-9-15.jpg

The salesman was luke warm - doesn't like Android or BlackBerry, but was happy to let me play with the Priv.

I was pretty much blown away! No, it's not perfect, but I loved it during the 10 minutes I spent with it.
    The only negatives I came up with -
    1- bigger than I would like
    2- Physical keyboard a little smaller than I expected, but I think I could easily get used to it.
    3-. A slight learning curve because I've never used Android.
    4- sharp corners on the top

But it was fast, bright, and comfortable to hold, even when typing on the PKB.

I checked out the contacts app. One thing that drives me crazy on my Z30 is that a phone number can only be: work, home, mobile, or other. On the Priv you can call it whatever you like: front office, support, after hours phone etc. You should see how many numbers are called "other" on the Z30!!!

I loved scrolling on the capacitive keyboard. Also being able to see the whole screen when typing on the PKB.

This is not a review, but I really want this phone. I will probably wait till it ships with Marshmallow as I want to control app permissions.

Good job, BlackBerry!!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-09-15 12:15 PM
    Awesome! I like that they promote the Priv with such a large ad!
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-09-15 12:19 PM
    ship with Marshmallow? no, i doubt that. you can probably upgrade to MM.....
    11-09-15 12:21 PM
    Thanks for your '1st impressions'. I am waiting to give it a go.

Love that huge ad, that is what BB needs to do more of.
    11-09-15 12:25 PM
    I have to admit, the sharp corners concerned me too.
    I'm hoping Blackberry makes smaller touch only devices too!
    11-09-15 12:33 PM
    Got it FedEx 2day, att rep store dude says he's not familiar but was curious I will enlighten him in my podunk town

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:05 PM
    ship with Marshmallow? no, i doubt that. you can probably upgrade to MM.....
    I'm sure the new phones made after the update is released will come with MM.. I'm in no hurry as my Z30 s are only 1 year old.

anon(4275744) likes this.
    11-09-15 01:09 PM
    I was even more shocked when I saw the exact same display at a AT&T retailer of all places lol
    11-09-15 06:40 PM
    I have to admit, the sharp corners concerned me too.
    I'm hoping Blackberry makes smaller touch only devices too!
    The BlackBerry Priv has no sharp corners.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 07:07 PM
    I think it's clear people should stop asking cell phone salesperson what they like and treat them like cash register person only. I get the impression it's 10:1 useless to useful sales rep.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-09-15 08:41 PM
    I think it's clear people should stop asking cell phone salesperson what they like and treat them like cash register person only. I get the impression it's 10:1 useless to useful sales rep.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. I remember going to look at the Z10 and Q10. They didn't have a Q10 demo out. They found one in the back but didn't know how to operate it or the Z10 and get them out of retail mode so I could really play with them.

Anyway, I wonder how many other stores will have displays like this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:55 PM
    Walked by my AT&T store today and saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Priv at ATT 11-9-15.jpg 
Views:	1890 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	379742

So I went inside and saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Priv display ATT 11-9-15.jpg 
Views:	1891 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	379743

The salesman was luke warm - doesn't like Android or BlackBerry, but was happy to let me play with the Priv.

I was pretty much blown away! No, it's not perfect, but I loved it during the 10 minutes I spent with it.
    The only negatives I came up with -
    1- bigger than I would like
    2- Physical keyboard a little smaller than I expected, but I think I could easily get used to it.
    3-. A slight learning curve because I've never used Android.
    4- sharp corners on the top

But it was fast, bright, and comfortable to hold, even when typing on the PKB.

I checked out the contacts app. One thing that drives me crazy on my Z30 is that a phone number can only be: work, home, mobile, or other. On the Priv you can call it whatever you like: front office, support, after hours phone etc. You should see how many numbers are called "other" on the Z30!!!

I loved scrolling on the capacitive keyboard. Also being able to see the whole screen when typing on the PKB.

This is not a review, but I really want this phone. I will probably wait till it ships with Marshmallow as I want to control app permissions.

Good job, BlackBerry!!!

I'm with you OP. I saw this device today and I was Instantly in Love. I'm loving it so far. Some BlackBerry phones look really sharp (Q10, Passport, and Priv). These phones have a certain amount of elegance to them that I just don't see in other phones. I use my Passport daily but this Priv is definitely going to get some play.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    11-09-15 10:27 PM
    I went to my local AT&T store Friday and saw the same nice advertising setup for the Priv. And found a dead demo unit. Salesperson couldn't power it on and neither could I. 8- (

Oh well I will try a live one somewhere.. soon.
    11-09-15 10:31 PM
    Our AT&T had a nice display too. Had the Priv and Classic. The Priv is a gorgeous phone, large but comfortable in my smaller hands. My husband liked it a lot. If I have to go Android, definitely the Priv. We have an LGG3 and S5 in our home. The Priv really stands out compared to them.

Posted via Classic
    11-10-15 07:12 AM
    The BlackBerry Priv has no sharp corners.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Thats good.
    They look like they would be sharp. Still waiting for demo units to appear in the UK
    11-10-15 10:49 AM
    The register dudes are in a state of shock I do believe.For eons their mantras hav been Droid blah apple release blah ~ It speaks for itself. [PRIV] loathes being attached to a dusty security cord & bigred is dumbfounded all2gether once they figure out how many folks are jumpin ship b4 'early 16' the water's sweetlikeaberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 08:04 PM
    The register dudes are in a state of shock I do believe.For eons their mantras hav been Droid blah apple release blah ~ It speaks for itself. [PRIV] loathes being attached to a dusty security cord & bigred is dumbfounded all2gether once they figure out how many folks are jumpin ship b4 'early 16' the water's sweetlikeaberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So back in black rather... haha! :-D

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-10-15 08:52 PM
    Well can't complain the US was left out of an early release. Good to know they are out there for the hands on experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:16 PM
    I went to my local AT&T store in Chicago and 3 reps approached me right as the bell rang indicating a customer walked in. All asked if they could help me, and I asked out loud if they have the Priv. One Rep said "what?" while the store manager went directly to the back room because it wasn't on display. They had the same picture taken by OTCHRussell so I was excited to see that. I didn't ask the manager why it wasn't on display, but both reps sat there watching me use the device.

Needless to say, I was a bit underwhelmed by the knowledge of the staff on the phone as they asked me where I worked and they said a few of my colleagues bought a few of the Privs today. The store manager said this was his next phone as he currently uses an iPhone 6s as his personal phone, but "I haven't had a lot of time to play with the device." A lot of smoke was blown up my behind as they finally asked if I was going to switch to their network.

Phone feels great, light, and not as big as I thought it would be for a 5.4" display

Glad to see some US love! But I'll be waiting on Verizon to get my Priv
    bugginout6106 likes this.
    11-10-15 10:02 PM
    I went to a Chicago area AT&T store yesterday specifically to check the Priv out. It was on display and I spent a few minutes trying it out. My first impression was that it felt like a solidly built phone. There was no play or movement in the slider which I feel is a plus. Images were sharp and clear. Not a bad device, in my opinion. I am seriously considering buying one. By the way, I never ask sales people about any phones. LOL!
    DJBS4LIFE and bugginout6106 like this.
    11-11-15 11:21 AM
    Went to transfer sum pics from my q10 in the brick n mortar store...att store dudes were interested in touching it I was reluctant to hand it over..- couldn't wait 4 bigred to get their shiznit 2gether. there's so much negativity in these stores via bias to move product-makes me wonder if they care bout hitting a sales target n if I were att I'd b selling the crap outta this on sales spikes alone-local stores only had a measly cardboard sign hung on the wall. A month later I wonder if they even hav 1 live there-pennsyltuckey for ya

~sweetsweetPRIV
    12-05-15 12:40 AM