I mean come on, this is getting ridiculous. What in God's name are RIM and Verizon doing? I love my BB, but to have the Bold 9650 as the "top of the line Blackberry" for Verizon in 2011 is ridiculous. I know the Touch is supposedly in the works, but how does RIM expect to compete with a new Android phone coming out almost every week with newer and better features and leaving us with the same old tired hardware month after month.

What in the **** is their problem?
    04-27-11 07:19 AM
    I mean come on, this is getting ridiculous. What in God's name are RIM and Verizon doing? I love my BB, but to have the Bold 9650 as the "top of the line Blackberry" for Verizon in 2011 is ridiculous. I know the Touch is supposedly in the works, but how does RIM expect to compete with a new Android phone coming out almost every week with newer and better features and leaving us with the same old tired hardware month after month.

What in the **** is their problem?

RIM is currently in a rebuild phase, trying to break their slow development cycle mold, they had a lot of resources focused on the Playbook.. rightfully so remains to be seen, but there are a few exciting phones in the pipe line, this is the longest drought of RIM Handsets I can remember, and it is frustrating if you are up for renewal and want something shiny,
    REALLY this is your chance to try a new phone, or 2 or 3! nothing compelling from RIM, try an Android phone or a W7 phone for 10 days, put your BB on a pay as you go plan so you don't lose BBM, and can still use the minutes you need.

This is your chance to get a feel for what else is out there, They sold out of Apple pie, try some cherry while you wait.
    04-27-11 07:28 AM
    RIM is currently in a rebuild phase, trying to break their slow development cycle mold, they had a lot of resources focused on the Playbook.. rightfully so remains to be seen, but there are a few exciting phones in the pipe line, this is the longest drought of RIM Handsets I can remember, and it is frustrating if you are up for renewal and want something shiny,
    REALLY this is your chance to try a new phone, or 2 or 3! nothing compelling from RIM, try an Android phone or a W7 phone for 10 days, put your BB on a pay as you go plan so you don't lose BBM, and can still use the minutes you need.

This is your chance to get a feel for what else is out there, They sold out of Apple pie, try some cherry while you wait.
    That's exactly where I am right now, but I hate to just abandon RIM after I've been with them so long. I've been a loyal blackberry user for years and have always enjoyed them, but its getting pretty ridiculous. I bought the 9650 outright last year and I'm eligible for an upgrade but RIM doesn't have ANYTHING to offer. Its really unbelievable to me that they have absolutely nothing out there but a Curve and a Bold on Verizon. Its too bad, it doesn't bode well for them in the future.
    04-27-11 07:35 AM
    That's exactly where I am right now, but I hate to just abandon RIM after I've been with them so long. I've been a loyal blackberry user for years and have always enjoyed them, but its getting pretty ridiculous. I bought the 9650 outright last year and I'm eligible for an upgrade but RIM doesn't have ANYTHING to offer. Its really unbelievable to me that they have absolutely nothing out there but a Curve and a Bold on Verizon. Its too bad, it doesn't bode well for them in the future.

You owe Nothing to RIM, and are not "abandoning them", I am a RIM fan, and it doesn't stop me picking up every single phone and trying to use it in the Futureshop, doesn't stop my trying every single tablet, I don't buy Blackberry Bluetooth headsets, I buy BlueAnt, I don't buy the Blackberry OEM cases, I get 3rd Party Cases, IF money is your issue, and you don't want to get stuck, why not jump online and buy a used Verizon Android from someone who picked up the iPhone, and really play with it, keep that upgrade till the summer, nothing is forcing you to use it.
    04-27-11 07:42 AM
    I know what you mean by not wanting to 'abandon' the brand - you're used to it and comfortable with it, and you just don't want to have to learn a whole new platform if you don't have to. If it's any consolation at all, at&t has only gotten the Torch within th past year (which I love - sorry, not trying to rub it in). But as dR noted, some really cool looking stuff is on the way in the next few months. So if you can hang on just a little longer, I think you'll find it worth the wait.

Check this out just to whet your appetite:
    crackberry.com/blackberry-roadmap-2011

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 10:20 AM
    I believe that RIM have some issues with Blackberry developing and renewing... but, i think that they will bring new stuff now that the playbook is making them more money.
    04-27-11 12:02 PM

This is a very valid point made here and I am as frustrated as anyone with Verizon but not RIM, just hang in there and before long you will have a new BB on the Verizon network I am sure of it.
    04-27-11 02:27 PM
    I mean come on, this is getting ridiculous... I love my BB, but to have the Bold 9650 as the "top of the line Blackberry" for Verizon in 2011 is ridiculous. I know the Touch is supposedly in the works, but how does RIM expect to compete with a new Android phone coming out almost every week with newer and better features and leaving us with the same old tired hardware month after month.
    I feel your pain. I'm sitting here with a broken Pearl Flip and waiting for USCellular, which is always even further behind than VZW, to get the new BB's which are supposed to be just around the corner. I'll probably die of old age first. It's not worth it to learn a new OS, set up a new backup system for organizer information, and switch to a different, more expensive plan to test drive an Android in the interim, which I don't want anyway.
    04-27-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD