Ok so just recently my email inbox has started screwing up quite a lot. I have it set to keep messages forever, however everytime it receives a new message from an email account it will overwrite all previous messages.

for example I'l receive 2 emails in the morning and they will be sitting in my inbox, i'll check them, reply, etc and go on....a couple hours later lets say i receive 3 more emails, my inbox will now show the 3 emails i just received but the 2 previous emails are gone.

someone help as i am losing my mind over this
    07-06-09 08:17 AM
    Not sure but it could be a low-memory situation. I'm on wap, sorry but I can't see your profile or device. Have you looked at your "file free" value? On a Curve you can press Alt+Shift+h, or on most BlackBerry devices, Options > Status.

You might also try a prophylactic battery pull - remove battery with phone on, wait a bit, and replace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 08:32 AM
    Ive tried the battery pull and I always have between 28-35 mb free of file memory.
    07-06-09 08:47 AM
    saving them doesnt work because sometimes I dont check them before the next batch comes in which automatically deletes the previous ones, whether ive read them or not....they constantly overwrite each other
    07-06-09 11:26 AM
    Hey check this!

Best thing to do is not use your service provider blackberry email
    address. These emails are sent only to the bb device and once they
    are deleted or disappear they are lost forever.

I'd sugguest you open an another email account like, gmail, hotmail,
    or yahoo. Then add that email account to your bb email setup.
    Now emails get sent to your bb and in the inbox of gmail, hotmail,
    yahoo. For some reason your emails dissappear on your bb,
    the emails are backed up on your gmail, hotmail, yahoo account,
    which can be accessed by a computer.

07-06-09 12:09 PM
    Hey check this!

Best thing to do is not use your service provider blackberry email
    address. These emails are sent only to the bb device and once they
    are deleted or disappear they are lost forever.

I'd sugguest you open an another email account like, gmail, hotmail,
    or yahoo. Then add that email account to your bb email setup.
    Now emails get sent to your bb and in the inbox of gmail, hotmail,
    yahoo. For some reason your emails dissappear on your bb,
    the emails are backed up on your gmail, hotmail, yahoo account,
    which can be accessed by a computer.

hey thanks for the suggestion, but the problem im having is actually with my work email which is a POP3 account. The messages arent lost forever, as i keep the backups on Outlook Express, but I still cant figure out what the problem is or if there is a setting or if my phone is just $%#$ed
    07-06-09 12:36 PM
    Randomly disappearing email on the Bold 9000.. what gives? my msn.com account works like a champ, however, my two POP3 accounts, I may have an email stay or go.... WHAT GIVES?? has anyone found a solution to this? I see other frustrated people. Are there no Techies on here?
    10-05-09 10:25 PM
    Set your desktop mail client to leave the messages on the server. What is happening is that your POP3 client (Outlook Express) is deleting the messages from the server after it downloads them. BIS reconciles the Blackberry Inbox with your POP inbox. If the POP inbox is empty, the Blackberry Inbox will be cleared.

The preferable option is to use an IMAP account.
    10-06-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD