Ok, everytime I connect the bb to desktop manager, that blasted firewall lock comes back. Can't do a backup without it appearing. Any fix for this because I'm about to go crazy because of this.

And I have reset it to remove the lock and disable the firewall, but it comes back, IT NEVER ENDS LIKE A HORRIBLE MOVIE

Thx
    10-16-09 03:57 PM
    You're desktop manager doesn't like you.
    I never had this happen to me, or I hope not
    10-16-09 05:21 PM
    I have 1 of my pc's that does the same thing everytime I plug a Blackberry to it. I have no idea why. I had to start using another computer. Sorry, not much help, but you are not the only only one with this problem.
    10-16-09 11:22 PM
    Somewhere on that PC resides a vendor.xml file that has the reminances of an IT Policy. If you haven't uninstalled DM completely (answering "yes" to delete personal configuration data), then I'd start there. Then when you reinstall, make sure you pick Personal Internet Email and not Corporate Work Email. If you're on BES for any reason, the pushed policy can do that sometimes.

Also, depending on the current state of the policy on your phone, a wipe with javaloader /resettofactory may be needed to completely wipe the policy off the phone.

Try the DM part first.
    10-16-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD