I'm eligible for an upgrade in July, and am still torn between which new BB 10 device to get. I'll give you some background on me, and I'll ask you all to help me make a decision.

I've had Blackberry devices since 2007. I had the 7100i, Curve 8350i, Tour, Bold 9650, and am now using the Bold 9930. I was with Nextel, but am now with Verizon. I am very familiar and comfortable with the physical keyboard and love it, but I am also familiar with the touchscreen keyboard - my girlfriend has a touchscreen phone and I get a chance to work with it quite a bit, so I don't believe that I would have much of a problem making that transition.

I do have a few comments: I'm not a fan of the camera on the 9900, and although I don't take many pictures with my phone, I do like to have quality pictures when I do take them. I can't zoom in as much as I'd like to on the camera either, so I will consider which one has the better camera and that will be a factor in my decision to buy either.

I'm also a "scroller" on my phone and will miss the trackpad that I use to scroll through my contacts, emails, texts, etc., so another factor will be the ability to scroll with ease. I do scroll with the touchscreen on my 9900 occasionally, but not often.

I have to have a case/clip. I keep it on my belt and would like to continue to do that comfortably.

Last one: I am a businessman and am looking at a lot of emails, texts, webpages, and the like throughout the day. My eyesight is fine, but the text I have to look at on some of things on my 9930 is rather small, and I know that I can zoom in on the 9930 and see it better and I do that sometimes, but the problem is that all the text won't fit on the screen and I'll have to keep my finger on it and move it left to right so I can continue reading. While I have become accustomed to that, it's still a hassle when I have to read it quickly.

With all that said, I am looking for the phone that can give me the most balance. My business phone is my personal phone as well, so I'll be considering balance as a main factor in my purchase decision. Battery life is always important as well. I hate the battery on my Bold, so I'd love of phone that will stay charged greater than 40% if I'm on it doing something frequently during an 8 hour work day. I think I've told all my Crackberryites enough information, so tell me what you think: which BB10 phone should I get?
    06-15-13 01:53 PM
    I'm eligible for an upgrade in July, and am still torn between which new BB 10 device to get. I'll give you some background on me, and I'll ask you all to help me make a decision.

I've had Blackberry devices since 2007. I had the 7100i, Curve 8350i, Tour, Bold 9650, and am now using the Bold 9930. I was with Nextel, but am now with Verizon. I am very familiar and comfortable with the physical keyboard and love it, but I am also familiar with the touchscreen keyboard - my girlfriend has a touchscreen phone and I get a chance to work with it quite a bit, so I don't believe that I would have much of a problem making that transition.

I do have a few comments: I'm not a fan of the camera on the 9900, and although I don't take many pictures with my phone, I do like to have quality pictures when I do take them. I can't zoom in as much as I'd like to on the camera either, so I will consider which one has the better camera and that will be a factor in my decision to buy either.

I'm also a "scroller" on my phone and will miss the trackpad that I use to scroll through my contacts, emails, texts, etc., so another factor will be the ability to scroll with ease. I do scroll with the touchscreen on my 9900 occasionally, but not often.

I have to have a case/clip. I keep it on my belt and would like to continue to do that comfortably.

Last one: I am a businessman and am looking at a lot of emails, texts, webpages, and the like throughout the day. My eyesight is fine, but the text I have to look at on some of things on my 9930 is rather small, and I know that I can zoom in on the 9930 and see it better and I do that sometimes, but the problem is that all the text won't fit on the screen and I'll have to keep my finger on it and move it left to right so I can continue reading. While I have become accustomed to that, it's still a hassle when I have to read it quickly.

With all that said, I am looking for the phone that can give me the most balance. My business phone is my personal phone as well, so I'll be considering balance as a main factor in my purchase decision. Battery life is always important as well. I hate the battery on my Bold, so I'd love of phone that will stay charged greater than 40% if I'm on it doing something frequently during an 8 hour work day. I think I've told all my Crackberryites enough information, so tell me what you think: which BB10 phone should I get?
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    I have much the same phone history that you do. I had an 8330, 9650, 9930 and now I have the Zed 10.
    I too have aging eyes and need to enlarge things. The pinch and zoom are a god-send and I have no trouble running through web pages on my phone. I have always had keyboards and was sooooo worried about moving to typing on glass! However, I can honestly say that after a week of struggling to get the hang of the z's keyboard, it is by far, the BEST device I have ever had!

It replaces my laptop for all intents and purposes. I have several email account and I can read, compose and file emails right on my phone. Typing is much faster on glass once you get to know the keyboard, or the keyboard gets to know you.
    I am on Verizon's old OS so I can't comment on the battery life you will get when you upgrade. People always say OS changes improve the battery life. My battery lasts almost the entire day but I have a few spares to pop in in case I can't charge on my desk.

I suggest you try both the Q10 and the Z10. Also they say the A10 will be out sometime this year and it is supposed to be the flagship device. I love the Z though and won't be looking to change anytime soon.

I hope you find the device you want and that it all works for your purposes. There are a lot of people here to help you and I'm sure some of them will post.
    Elite1 and newcollector like this.
    06-15-13 02:41 PM
    I'd say overall that I'd recommend the Z10 to you over the Q10.

But first, here's where the Q10 wins out over it, based on your concerns:
    1. Better battery life
    2. Can fit in holster with a thin case on like the OEM Soft Shell & Hard Shell cases

Z10 wins still:
    1. A different level of touchscreen keyboard, better than any you've used. Ever.
    2. Bigger screen
    3. Portrait orientation screen makes much more enjoyable to scroll lists, messages, etc
    4. More cases available, if you variety matters to you for that
    5. More apps, especially more games on Z10 than Q10

Where they're relatively even:
    1. To be fair with keyboard open, available screen area not so different.
    2. Camera is same, AFAIK. (And respectable, unlike that awful 9900/9930 camera. Ew.)
    3. Good selection of OEM holsters & pocket pouches.
    06-15-13 02:47 PM
    Oh btw, you posted this thread in the BB10 Dev Devices Forum, meant for discussion of the alpha & beta devices issued to developers for testing apps.

I'll ask someone to move this thread.
    06-15-13 02:48 PM
    As noted, why limit yourself to one? Got the Z10 shortly after AT&T release, opted to pay full price rather than upgrade, figured to save upgrade for Q10 or Aristo as expected them to be higher priced. About to pull the trigger on a Q10 when AT&T drops.

This just may be the first year I have ever bought more than one (likely will be THREE) new release BlackBerrys for myself!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:54 PM
    I'd say overall that I'd recommend the Z10 to you over the Q10.

But first, here's where the Q10 wins out over it, based on your concerns:
    1. Better battery life
    2. Can fit in holster with a thin case on like the OEM Soft Shell & Hard Shell cases

Z10 wins still:
    1. A different level of touchscreen keyboard, better than any you've used. Ever.
    2. Bigger screen
    3. Portrait orientation screen makes much more enjoyable to scroll lists, messages, etc
    4. More cases available, if you variety matters to you for that
    5. More apps, especially more games on Z10 than Q10

Where they're relatively even:
    1. To be fair with keyboard open, available screen area not so different.
    2. Camera is same, AFAIK. (And respectable, unlike that awful 9900/9930 camera. Ew.)
    3. Good selection of OEM holsters & pocket pouches.
    I would echo Elite's ideas on the camera. The one on my 9930 was dreadful but this one take kick azz pics.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-15-13 03:53 PM
    Get the Q10 since youve been using QWERTY BB phones!
    06-18-13 01:47 PM
    If you watch video a lot or play games, the Z10's screen is for you.

06-21-13 05:34 PM
    Hey,

So I have both the new BlackBerry's, and there both amazing.

I have come from a long line of iFail use. With a brief month or two of Android. I had Blackberry's back in the day but I don't remember any of there model No.

I got the Z10 a while back, a week after it came out actually. Rogers rang me out the blue, and because all I ever brought from them was a sim, they offered me the new Z10 as a good will gesture for free. Obviously I said you've got yourself a deal! I've been hooked since, eagerly waiting for texts or emails so I can get it out and have a play.

The only thing that really separates them is the look. The white Z10 is a strange device, It looks and feels magnificent, while still having a kind of kiddy teeny bopper phone image. I know that makes no sense but I really crnt describe it. Ok, analogy: I was in a meeting, a meeting that I have to wear a big posh suit to fit in and be heard. Everyone was in there with their cell phones, and they all put them on the table. My white Z10 looks pathetic. They all had legacy BB's, clearly stating that they are IMPORTANT people and require a device that states I'm Business. Then there is my Z10... well you get the picture! that is my only quarm! I have since brought, and am typing on, my new black Q10. The keyboards are both superb. One having a touch feel and one having a physical feel. They both type quick and they both have this bizaar way of almost making your texts error proof (but don't rely on this, It crnt fix stupid).

So it only comes down to what you want your phone to say about you. Do you want to say, hey look at me I'm cool, I'm hip, I'm happening. OR - do you want your phone to say, Hey, I'm here for business only! But once we are done, I'm down for pleasure!

Personally the Q10 will be my device from this point forward, until blackberry release's it's predecessor ofcourse.

But going from the legacy software to the new BB10 OS will be life changing and for the better. The new OS is fantastic! And while you chose between the Z10 and Q10. Only this line comes to mind - "A wrong decision is better than no decision."

"Sitting on my balcony gettin' high"

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    06-23-13 09:26 PM
    from OP : Last one: I am a businessman and am looking at a lot of emails, texts, webpages, and the like throughout the day. My eyesight is fine, but the text I have to look at on some of things on my 9930 is rather small, and I know that I can zoom in on the 9930 and see it better and I do that sometimes, but the problem is that all the text won't fit on the screen and I'll have to keep my finger on it and move it left to right so I can continue reading. While I have become accustomed to that, it's still a hassle when I have to read it quickly.

My advice is to FOR SURE try this feature in the store on a website ... the 9930 will be better than both devices. The problem is just with the web browser. Try the double tap comparison between the 9930 and the other devices. Other than that I have no advice.
    06-23-13 11:00 PM
    Just something quick to add. You say that you do a lot of scrolling, and on the Q10 there is a nice feature where you can scroll down using the spacebar. If you tap it quickly, scrolling is a breeze.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-25-13 03:32 PM