I'm not complaining, and I'm not holding my breath, but it is sure promising. It is instant push email today through Gmail IMAP with the BB BIS email.

I already know about how it checks email every 15 minutes, but if you reply or send something it starts checking on a more regular basis... but this is different. This is instant push.

Anybody else notice it?
    08-26-08 06:01 PM
    I hope so. I'm set up with POP right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 06:09 PM
    I'm not complaining, and I'm not holding my breath, but it is sure promising. It is instant push email today through Gmail IMAP with the BB BIS email.

I already know about how it checks email every 15 minutes, but if you reply or send something it starts checking on a more regular basis... but this is different. This is instant push.

Anybody else notice it?
    I did notice it was exceptionally fast. I send myself articles from Viigo that I want to read and I would get the article in my BB inbox in less than a minute today.

We'll see about tomorrow...
    08-26-08 10:29 PM
    any updates? is IMAP getting instant push now? if so i might finally have to dump pop!
    08-27-08 06:48 PM
    How do you setup imap on BIS?

My IMAP is active on gmail but i currently get my mail to Outlook via POP
    08-28-08 04:11 AM
    just tried... not working for me.. do you ALSO have a blackberry address on your blackberry? that is to ask if you have a Gmail account attached AND a blackberry account?
    08-28-08 07:39 AM
    Hrm, I have always had my gMail IMAP pushed to me, I send myself an article and it gets there immediately, then again, it never actually registers as read on the server, but that's a whole different issue, it's as if I set up my gMail to use IMAP yet the BIS server refuses to accept such.
    08-28-08 07:45 AM
    Hrm, I have always had my gMail IMAP pushed to me, I send myself an article and it gets there immediately, then again, it never actually registers as read on the server, but that's a whole different issue, it's as if I set up my gMail to use IMAP yet the BIS server refuses to accept such.
    nope. gmail's imap implementation is crippled.
    08-28-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD