1) Can I add as many email accounts as possible? I have a Google Apps account, Hotmail, Yahoo and two Gmail accounts. Will I be able to add all these trouble and stress free?

2) Will my email on all these accounts be synced? i.e. when I read it on the phone, it is read on the web, and vice versa?

3) Will I be able to download the past month's/Week/Two weeks email and view it?

EDIT: (4) Will I be able to sync my calendar from Google Apps? Add events? Accept invitations?

5) I am sure my contacts from Google Apps will sync, right?
    Last edited by solroger; 01-27-11 at 10:51 AM.
    01-27-11 10:48 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service provides up to 10 email accounts.

2. No. Your BlackBerry gets a copy of the item in your inbox.

3. No. Your BlackBerry gets a copy when it arrives.
    01-27-11 10:57 AM
    On my phone you can add 11 email addresses I think, it's pretty stress free to just keep adding them.

When it shows as read on your phone, it shouldn't show up as read on a computer.

It only sends new emails to your accounts, I don't know if you can download prior emails, once you set it up, messages appear on your BB and are there for as long as you set to keep them.

I would set Email Reconciliation to "delete" on "prompt", that way you can be sure it deletes on handheld only, on inbox only, or both.

Sorry I don't know anything about Google Apps/Sync so I couldn't tell you what works.
    Last edited by aawilson; 01-27-11 at 11:10 AM.
    01-27-11 11:05 AM
    I use Google Sync to back up my Contacts and Calendar, and also import other Calendars to my BlackBerry, such as holidays and Phases of the Moon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:08 AM
    Ok thanks.

It sucks that it doesn't sync the read/unread email. Also I wish it would keep prior email such as past month's.
    01-27-11 11:15 AM
    You should be able to save your emails in the saved messages folder on your BB. Just don't delete them after you have read them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:21 AM
    Mine syncs my unread messages. If I read my gmail on my computer it doesn't. But if i read it on my BB first, it doesn't have any unread messages on my Gmail. But than again, I use my ipad for my email and not the gmail server.
    01-27-11 11:25 AM
    It does sync read/unread emails with the web, not with another client like Outlook. You might have to have OS6 on the phone for that. It does it for all 8 of my accounts, including work (IMAP), Yahoo, and Gmail.

When you set up your email account, it will not go get any past emails, only new ones forward. On your BB, you can set how long the emails stay on your phone.

Yes, you can set up all kinds of synching with your Google apps.
    Last edited by branflakes; 01-27-11 at 11:44 AM. Reason: hit reply too soon.
    officelurker likes this.
    01-27-11 11:42 AM
    It does sync read/unread emails with the web, not with another client like Outlook. You might have to have OS6 on the phone for that. It does it for all 8 of my accounts, including work (IMAP), Yahoo, and Gmail.

When you set up your email account, it will not go get any past emails, only new ones forward. On your BB, you can set how long the emails stay on your phone.

Yes, you can set up all kinds of synching with your Google apps.
    My bad, this is correct, unread emails will show as an uread on the web. You don't need OS6. For some reason it does it with my Yahoo mail account, but not with my account at mail.com! I use Mozilla Thunderbird so I hadn't even realized I was missing something.
    Last edited by aawilson; 01-27-11 at 12:08 PM.
    01-27-11 12:01 PM
    So wait, it does the sync of the unread/read emails? Thats cool if it true. I spend some of my days out the office and I answer about 20 emails a day. If I had to come back to the office and find all those emails unread in my web inbox (google apps email) after I had already read and replied to them - that would be very frustrating.
    01-27-11 12:38 PM
    I use BIS to push my POP and Gmail, it is a one way service.

If you install the Google Gmail client, that will sync your mail.
    01-27-11 12:47 PM

If I install the Gmail client should I expect my folders to sync?
    01-27-11 01:27 PM

You can use BIS for the email read/unread syncing. And also deleting from BB also deletes from account. It's an option to turn on in BIS. Syncing Contacts I believe also works if turn on in BIS. But, yes, the Gmail clients lets you turn on more settings.

The question about Gmail and all folders from another user: No, unfortunately, the Gmail client doesn't show all your folders. Just Inbox, Sent, Spam, Starred, maybe another.
    01-28-11 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD