Haha get over it. I'm back to BB because I loved my old curve until it died. I like this 9930, but I'm also not in blind denial. I've been with iPhone and 4 different Andys. Flagship BB vs flagship Andy like the Galaxy SII or even a middle of the road Andy like the Droid Razr, there's no comparison.

The camera here still hasn't improved (no autofocus wtf? What is this the iPhone 1??), development support is still wimpy, app quality sucks compared to other platforms, and the OS still feels outdated.

However, everyone loves a BB for a different reason and I came back to give it another shot. It still has its good points like feel and build quality, refined OS even though it feels like I went back in time, and it's just plain quick for messaging.

I understand this is a BB forum and that there will be mad fanboys here, but go play with a Galaxy Nexus for a month and see for yourself. At least have an educated opinion.

Oh and btw, my 4G Revolution gets the same battery life as this 3G Bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I have used Androids for months, as both my Mom, and bro have one, it's not bad, but I still prefer my BB. I'm just saying what's the point of posting 2 hate posts? You knew you were going to provoke people with them.
    Alt-F4 likes this.
    03-11-12 09:11 PM
    Welcome back to the Rimpire.

I agree OS7 has made things better. I used to have to reset my old OS6 9800 all the time.
    I never have to reset my 9800. Works like a champ!
    03-11-12 09:24 PM
    Haha get over it. I'm back to BB because I loved my old curve until it died. I like this 9930, but I'm also not in blind denial. I've been with iPhone and 4 different Andys. Flagship BB vs flagship Andy like the Galaxy SII or even a middle of the road Andy like the Droid Razr, there's no comparison.

The camera here still hasn't improved (no autofocus wtf? What is this the iPhone 1??), development support is still wimpy, app quality sucks compared to other platforms, and the OS still feels outdated.

However, everyone loves a BB for a different reason and I came back to give it another shot. It still has its good points like feel and build quality, refined OS even though it feels like I went back in time, and it's just plain quick for messaging.

I understand this is a BB forum and that there will be mad fanboys here, but go play with a Galaxy Nexus for a month and see for yourself. At least have an educated opinion.

I bought a Galaxy Nexus and this phone has showed me how crippled my Blackberry is in comparison.

Blackberries are good devices if you want a good cell phone that has a barely acceptable level of emailing capability, but they are not worth the price.

I buy all my phones off contract. I pay full retail. A blackberry without a contract should not be selling at the same price as a Samsung Galaxy or an iphone. The blackberry doesn't do anything but the basics. This is why they are losing market share and have lost 90% of their stock price in the last year.

The Blackberry would be a good deal if its full retail value was say 50% of the cost of an iphone or Galaxy. People will not pay the price of a Mercedes for a Kia. Not going to happen.

This is my opinion. I am not trolling. I will discuss this in good faith with anyone. I say this because when ever I write something that is not a glowing statement about Blackberry, moderators send me a troll warning and then they delete my post.

I am not TROLLING. I own an iphone, android and blackberry. I like the android the most and the iphone the least!!! There. I just said something good about blackberry.

I like blackberry because on the used market (i.e Craigslist), they are the cheapest smartphone you can buy. A real bargain!!!

Why do people think they can only own 1 phone by 1 manufacturer??? Mix it up a bit. Be open minded.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-12-12 at 03:14 AM.
    03-12-12 03:11 AM
    I bought a Galaxy Nexus and this phone has showed me how crippled my Blackberry is in comparison.

Blackberries are good devices if you want a good cell phone that has a barely acceptable level of emailing capability, but they are not worth the price.

I buy all my phones off contract. I pay full retail. A blackberry without a contract should not be selling at the same price as a Samsung Galaxy or an iphone. The blackberry doesn't do anything but the basics. This is why they are losing market share and have lost 90% of their stock price in the last year.

The Blackberry would be a good deal if its full retail value was say 50% of the cost of an iphone or Galaxy. People will not pay the price of a Mercedes for a Kia. Not going to happen.

This is my opinion. I am not trolling. I will discuss this in good faith with anyone. I say this because when ever I write something that is not a glowing statement about Blackberry, moderators send me a troll warning and then they delete my post.

I am not TROLLING. I own an iphone, android and blackberry. I like the android the most and the iphone the least!!! There. I just said something good about blackberry.

I like blackberry because on the used market (i.e Craigslist), they are the cheapest smartphone you can buy. A real bargain!!!

Why do people think they can only own 1 phone by 1 manufacturer??? Mix it up a bit. Be open minded.

Blackberry 9360 brand new sim free, os 7, nfc, built in fm radio - �250, show me a comparable Android or iphone.
    03-12-12 03:57 AM

Seems like trolling to me. Usually a big giveaway that someone is trolling is them tell you they're not trolling.

I went from an iPhone to a BB so I'd have to disagree with you. As far as price goes, RIM and the market choose what they sell for, not you.
    03-12-12 04:03 AM
    Seems like trolling to me. Usually a big giveaway that someone is trolling is them tell you they're not trolling.

I went from an iPhone to a BB so I'd have to disagree with you. As far as price goes, RIM and the market choose what they sell for, not you.
    Well RIM's pricing strategy doesn't seem to be working too well for them. The market is telling them the price needs to be lower or the product must be improved. Simple.

And I did say I like my Blackberry better than my iphone so do we agree?

And I am not trolling. But posters and mods are overly sensitive here. If you aren't here to say Blackberry is great, Blackberry is perfect and down with the conspiracy theory, you get jumped on from all angles.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-12-12 at 04:13 AM.
    03-12-12 04:07 AM
    Blackberry 9360 brand new sim free, os 7, nfc, built in fm radio - �250, show me a comparable Android or iphone.
    Belfast, I am not familiar with pricing in your market, In my market, Samsung, iphone and Blackberry when new, sell for around the same price if you don't get locked into a carrier contract. Around $600 to $700.
    03-12-12 04:09 AM
    Well RIM's pricing strategy doesn't seem to be working too well for them. The market is telling them the price needs to be lower or the product must be improved. Simple.

And I did say I like my Blackberry better than my iphone so do we agree?
    Is it telling them? Being a billion dollar corporation I think they have a good idea what they should be sellnig their devices for.

Not sure what you are trying to say we agree on so I'd have to say no.
    03-12-12 04:13 AM
    Is it telling them? Being a billion dollar corporation I think they have a good idea what they should be sellnig their devices for.

Not sure what you are trying to say we agree on so I'd have to say no.
    In the last year, RIM's market cap has gone from $70 billion to $7 billion. 90% of their net worth has evaporated. Revenues are falling. Market share is falling fast.

There 2 founders just stepped down. RIM is in trouble because they have no idea what they should sell their phones for or what features are demanded from the market.
    03-12-12 04:18 AM
    In the last year, RIM's market cap has gone from $70 billion to $7 billion. 90% of their net worth has evaporated. Revenues are falling. Market share is falling fast.

There 2 founders just stepped down. RIM is in trouble because they have no idea what they should sell their phones for or what features are demanded from the market.
    Yep definitely trolling.

Blackberries are the best smartphones on the market. If you want to communicate you use a blackberry. RIM is moving at an impressive pace acquiring companies and integrating them into blackberry products. Tens of millions of users across the world are in love with their BBs and there is plenty of room for growth in infantile global communication and personal device market. Other deive companies have put progression and innovation on the back-burner to focus on patent wars, creating closed systems, and user data mining.
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    03-12-12 04:25 AM
    Yep definitely trolling.

Blackberries are the best smartphones on the market. If you want to communicate you use a blackberry. RIM is moving at an impressive pace acquiring companies and integrating them into blackberry products. Tens of millions of users across the world are in love with their BBs and there is plenty of room for growth in infantile global communication and personal device market. Other deive companies have put progression and innovation on the back-burner to focus on patent wars, creating closed systems, and user data mining.
    Hurds, I have owned more Blackberries than most posters on this forum and I have a newer Blackberry than most posters on this forum. I get a new Blackberry as soon as they are released.

I would love to see this growth you are talking about as I am thinking about buying some RIM shares. They are trading at book value and who knows. Maybe BB10 will be a hit.
    03-12-12 04:35 AM
    Not sure what the relevancy of the number of blackberrys owned is. I'm on my first one (or two if you count my PB).

I don't know the numbers but I think even in the US its only 50% of the market that has smartphones. Consumers are fickle and could easily tire of a certain device, like I did. I don't know if BB10 will be a hit or not, but having used my PB which I suppose is suppose to be like it I think it should be pretty good, can easily compete with iOS and android. I just got my devices so I have no plans on upgrading for quite some time though.

I'd say welcome back OP but this is my first BB, so I'll say glad you're here.
    03-12-12 05:09 AM

This is purely opinion, because for me there is NO better device, BlackBerry's have by far the best inbox design and navigation to manage 100's of emails a day, the short cut keys on the keyboard are a life saver meaning one can actually manage and maintain all of the action required emails quickly and effectively.

Add to that data compression which allows one to keep their same phone number while traveling outside of their home country and affordably maintain contact,

The devices are compact, and a delight to hold for extended periods of time.
    YES RIM could do better, and yes RIM failed to address the change in the market, they kept playing their game, when the game changed, They Kept growing and are the best at their game, but people want new rules, and I hope RIM will be able to play by the new rules without fundamentally changing and removing all of their advantages.
    Fr3lncr likes this.
    03-12-12 05:10 AM
    Belfast, I am not familiar with pricing in your market, In my market, Samsung, iphone and Blackberry when new, sell for around the same price if you don't get locked into a carrier contract. Around $600 to $700.
    You're only comparing top models, Rim has a BB for many budgets, the 9900 might be �450-�500 sim free but you can get the 9790 for �350 sime free and 9360 for �250. For the money the 9360 is a lot of phone and comes with latest OS7 and features. For that price range Apple has nothing and Budget Androids are atrocious, they come with and old OS and they're full of carrier bloatware. I'm playing with such an android right now, the Orange San Francisco.
    03-12-12 05:13 AM

You know, He already jumped ship. Why are you forcing this opinion of yours anyway. Not gonna help him, not everyone here who already have rim's product. Has something to complain. email rim directly... you've said your negative opinion once or twice already.. we get it. we have read those type of essays before.. thanks..
    now go to:http://forums.crackberry.com/general...lready-707613/
    Last edited by guzprom; 03-12-12 at 06:48 AM.
    Chrisy and Bobcat665 like this.
    03-12-12 05:15 AM

I'm quite open minded. have a great samsung Note here.. probably will buy ipad3. Just saying that post like this doesn't help the OP, unles you intend on hijacking this thread, or trying to belittle the stuff he just bought. start a thread. or better yet, discuss in android/iphone forum. we will go there. Maybe
    03-12-12 05:20 AM
    I agree. Best vs. Best, I think Android wins in all aspects.

Get to the part were we suppose to care.

Welcome back op!
    03-12-12 06:24 AM
    Welcome back!
    03-12-12 09:53 AM
    The devices are compact, and a delight to hold for extended periods of time.
    ^^This^^

This is what I was referring to when I mentioned the Blackberry "feel". Couldn't have said it better. Never felt that with either of the Android phones I used, although the HTC Incredible 2 came close.

Stan M.
    03-12-12 10:41 AM
    Blackberry 9360 brand new sim free, os 7, nfc, built in fm radio - £250, show me a comparable Android or iphone.
    The 9360 isn't a premium phone. He's talking about the flagships - the Bold 9900/iPhone 4s /Nexus - they would be comparible. What you just said is like comparing the HTC Wildfire to a Nexus. Not even the same league.

In Canada a 9900 is $599.99 off contract, Nexus is the same and iPhone is $659.99. Owning both iPhone and 9900, there is no way that I would pay the full price for a 9900. I did pay the full price for the iPhone and I would pay full price for the Nexus.

If I was buying a new BB at full price, I'd look at the touchscreen Curve which is $349.99. It's the low end BB and if it breaks I wouldn't care. Heck, at one point you could get a Pearl 3G from Virgin Canada for $99 new in box no contract. I would never compare the Pearl to an iPhone so I'm not sure why you think the 9360 is in the same league. I certainly wouldn't compare a 9360 to a 9900.

NFC is a non starter here FYI. It's not adopted anywhere that I've ever seen. I think it's more in use in the EU but in NA it's not a huge selling point. Yet.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-12-12 at 12:30 PM.
    03-12-12 12:28 PM
    The 9360 isn't a premium phone. He's talking about the flagships - the Bold 9900/iPhone 4s /Nexus - they would be comparible. What you just said is like comparing the HTC Wildfire to a Nexus. Not even the same league.

In Canada a 9900 is $599.99 off contract, Nexus is the same and iPhone is $659.99. Owning both iPhone and 9900, there is no way that I would pay the full price for a 9900. I did pay the full price for the iPhone and I would pay full price for the Nexus.

If I was buying a new BB at full price, I'd look at the touchscreen Curve which is $349.99. It's the low end BB and if it breaks I wouldn't care. Heck, at one point you could get a Pearl 3G from Virgin Canada for $99 new in box no contract. I would never compare the Pearl to an iPhone so I'm not sure why you think the 9360 is in the same league. I certainly wouldn't compare a 9360 to a 9900.

NFC is a non starter here FYI. It's not adopted anywhere that I've ever seen. I think it's more in use in the EU but in NA it's not a huge selling point. Yet.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    He didn't specifically say high end did he? He just said Blackberrys in general. At high end you can argue others offer you more but at mid and low end it's Blackberry that has more to offer.

PS Nexus has it's own problems in Europe due to GSM interference:

Edit- I would rather use a 8700 then a wildfire, best example of poor quality and performance of budget androids.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 03-12-12 at 12:48 PM.
    03-12-12 12:46 PM
    He didn't specifically say high end did he? He just said Blackberrys in general. At high end you can argue others offer you more but at mid and low end it's Blackberry that has more to offer.

PS Nexus has it's own problems in Europe due to GSM interference:

Edit- I would rather use a 8700 then a wildfire, best example of poor quality and performance of budget androids.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You know as well as I do what he meant. This is why people tend to not debate with you because you play deliberately thick.

He was comparing the flagships. You brought in the bargain basement model as a comparison to those same phones. Now when corrected you play disingenuous. Its not becoming.

To be honest, Samsung has some low end Galaxy phones like the W ($249 outright) that smoke the 9360. Processor is far better, its speedy, in real world use with the new Curve I find it very laggy. OS 7 does not run well on it at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    03-12-12 01:03 PM
    Andy? LOL!

just thought that was funny. Never seen anyone refer to Android as Andy lol
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    03-12-12 01:46 PM
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. You know as well as I do what he meant. This is why people tend to not debate with you because you play deliberately thick.

He was comparing the flagships. You brought in the bargain basement model as a comparison to those same phones. Now when corrected you play disingenuous. Its not becoming.

To be honest, Samsung has some low end Galaxy phones like the W ($249 outright) that smoke the 9360. Processor is far better, its speedy, in real world use with the new Curve I find it very laggy. OS 7 does not run well on it at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Never heard of the W but a quick look at reviews shows it has the worst call quality possible, at both ends, so it smokes nothing if they can't even get the most importan part of a mobile phone right.

Review of phonearena if you want to look it up.

Also I don't apreciate bein called names, makes dabating with you imposibile.
    03-12-12 02:06 PM
    Os7.1 runs quite well on my 9350. I have no lag at all with the exception of when I lose signal. Then it lags while the phone uses all it's resources to reconnect to the network. Once that's done, it's back to business. Every phone that I've owned including Android and dumb phones did the same thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 02:37 PM
135 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD