Hi, Im new to crackberry and need some help. Any info is greatly appreciated. I am about to join the wonderful world of blackberry and am about to buy my first used BB Bold 9000 from ebay. The person selling it states that the phone is "Branded to swisscom but unlocked to work with any sim card". I have AT&T as my carrier and am currently using the Pantech Matrix. My friend has the curve 8310 and says that I need to check the Serial # and the pin # to make sure I can use all the features on the phone. I asked the seller if he can give me the serial and pin #s and he says hes not sure how to get the pin # but gave me the serial #s from under the battery. I guess my question is how do I check the pin# as I know that is the most important thing to use all the BB features and will the unlocked BB Bold that is branded to swisscom work just the same on AT&T as the AT&T branded one would. Thanks in advance for any info
    05-10-09 02:00 AM
    be very careful of scams and make sure the esn # is good
    also welcome to cb
    05-10-09 02:16 AM
    Oh man, just be careful! Try to get the ESN and serial and pin. He can get the pin by turning on the phone, options>status>pin
    05-10-09 02:20 AM
    Hi, Im new to crackberry and need some help. Any info is greatly appreciated. I am about to join the wonderful world of blackberry and am about to buy my first used BB Bold 9000 from ebay. The person selling it states that the phone is "Branded to swisscom but unlocked to work with any sim card". I have AT&T as my carrier and am currently using the Pantech Matrix. My friend has the curve 8310 and says that I need to check the Serial # and the pin # to make sure I can use all the features on the phone. I asked the seller if he can give me the serial and pin #s and he says hes not sure how to get the pin # but gave me the serial #s from under the battery. I guess my question is how do I check the pin# as I know that is the most important thing to use all the BB features and will the unlocked BB Bold that is branded to swisscom work just the same on AT&T as the AT&T branded one would. Thanks in advance for any info
    also make sure the seller has good credibility and be sure you dont fall into a scam and if your gana go see it first which i recommend take some one with you and meet in a public place
    05-10-09 02:31 AM
    Thanks for all the help and advice. The person seems to have a good reputation by looking at his feedback but I just want to make sure that Im not spending around $400 on a phone that I cant fully use. Im going to ask him to give me the pin# but im not exactly sure how I check it after he gives it to me as I don't have the BB data plan yet (waiting to get the phone)? Also has anyone used an unlocked BB Bold branded to Swisscom on AT&T's network? Do you think it will work the same?
    05-10-09 02:43 AM
    Get one here in the marketplace forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 08:25 AM
    ThE pin and imei/esn number can be found on the device at options > status.

05-10-09 08:29 AM
    The unanswered question is still, what does the OP do with this information?

Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ
    05-10-09 09:33 AM
    I just received the PIN# from the seller but I still am not sure how I go about checking it?
    05-10-09 12:15 PM
    I just received the PIN# from the seller but I still am not sure how I go about checking it?
    You'd have to call the carrier the phone is originally on and give the numbers to them and they would tell you if it's clear or not.

05-10-09 12:28 PM
    Thats what i was thinking but the phone is originally on Swisscom and I want to use it on AT&T
    05-10-09 12:30 PM
    Thats what i was thinking but the phone is originally on Swisscom and I want to use it on AT&T
    Right, you'd have to call Swisscom to make sure the phone is clear in their system and not reported to them as stolen or attached to an unpaid account before you would be able to use it on AT&T.

05-10-09 12:33 PM
    Get one here in the marketplace forum.

Where is the marketplace forum??
    05-10-09 12:59 PM
    just in the main forum area, scroll down to marketplace. there is always good phones for sale.
    05-10-09 01:23 PM
    Here's the Marketplace:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/

The other important thing about an eBay transaction is to make sure you pay with PayPal. If something goes wrong with the transaction, or something isn't described properly, you can open a dispute, and escalate it into a claim with PayPal to get a refund.
    05-10-09 02:14 PM
    I've bought all my BB's off of eBay no issues I've bought:

Pearl 8100
    Pearl 8120
    Curve 8900
    Unlocked Storm 9530
    05-10-09 02:48 PM
    why spend 400$ on a used one on ebay when you can pay att $200 for a new one with a 2yr agreement???
    05-10-09 07:22 PM
    Thank you everyone for your help. I checked the pin and serial #s of the phone with Swisscom and AT&T and they are clear to go so I won the auction and purchased the phone today and will be receiving it soon. I will keep you updated when I receive it and look forward to sharing some BB stories with everyone. Johnnyv, I allready have a 2-year contract that I recently signed with AT&T and to buy the BB Bold without a contract was like $549+tax so it would end up around $600 so $400 from ebay sounds better to me. Thanks again everyone
    05-11-09 01:07 AM
    still wish ya luck and just use your judgment wisely
    05-11-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD