Just a thought. To stop all the bickering, jealousy and arguing about whose IM app is better. Why doesn't BB bring (I mean copy) out a whatsapp type of IM app and call it BlackChat or whatever name they want to call it. Its clear that those who know anything about security and other reasons of choice prefer BBM. Those that want their whole contact list in a messaging app like Whatsapp can use BlackChat. We will then have a choice of either or both. BB cant be sued for copying cause most of the IM apps out there are all really stolen from BBM. BB can introduce voice and video to BlackChat almost immediately as we already have the code in BBM. Its all about choice. Blackberry will be the first to have two IM apps, one that uses pins and one that uses phone numbers. BB could even combine the two into one app and in settings you would have a toggle to turn on one or the other or both. I don't use Whatsapp, I deleted it the day BBM went cross. But I would use BlackChat, or whatever name is used, if it was a native BB app. As I said just a thought.
    03-13-14 08:40 AM
    Not a bad idea, but ... BBM has been a household name for BlackBerry, and we SHOULD keep it that way for other platform.
    03-14-14 01:04 AM
    They can just have a section in the cascades, like contacts, channels, phone contacts, for ur phone contacts

Powered by Blackberry
    03-14-14 03:20 AM
    Not a bad idea, but ... BBM has been a household name for BlackBerry, and we SHOULD keep it that way for other platform.
    The problem with BBM is the pin. With Whatsapp you install and automatically everybody in your contact list is a contact. With BBM you have to keep working on it by adding contacts via a pin. Some don't get the privacy side of it. The pin part seems to be a stumbling block, its just to much work for some. I'm not sure if BB would be able to make it one app, but if they cant they will have to call it something. I actually believe they could work nicely together. BlackChat would be for all your contacts and BBM only for a select few in your contacts or whatever setup you prefer.
    03-14-14 04:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...07/index2.html

My thread and idea stops all this mud slinging.
    03-18-14 08:44 AM