Okay, so I'm a completely new Blackberry 8830 user and I feel like such a ****** trying to do stuff on it. I use the unlimited data plan with Verizon, use g-mail for my personal mail, but I also am connected to the enterprise server for my work e-mail and calendar. I was reading the blog about the difference between BIS and BES and I kind of get it, but if I'm on the enterprise server, then how come I can access sites on my blackberry that I can't access on my work computer? (They have some sites restricted)

Also, I downloaded BB Smartviewer yesterday and I don't really get how to access it and how to see if it actually works or not....As a matter of fact, I really don't know how to work applications at all except for the ones that are already on there.................

If anyone can steer me in the right direction or give me any tips that would be great! Thanks!

Melanie
    05-22-08 05:44 PM
    how come I can access sites on my blackberry that I can't access on my work computer? (They have some sites restricted)
    Well, in short because you Blackberry is outside your companies firewall, directly on the Internet, and your IT department hasn't put any IT policy on your BB to limit the sites you can visit. On your work PC, there is a firewall between you and the net limiting what you can do.

Also, I downloaded BB Smartviewer yesterday and I don't really get how to access it and how to see if it actually works or not.
    Once you install it, then your emails should be formated instead of plain text. You can turn it on/off in the options while in the messages app, so you can see the difference.
    05-22-08 07:04 PM
    Thanks Patrick!

Would it make a difference that I downloaded the trial version? Because that's what I did, and even in the message options i don't see where it gives you the option to turn it off/on. And I definitely don't see any difference in the emails that Im getting. Am I only going to see the difference if I go through the website itself, like gmail.com? Because the way i have it set up is that my gmail email is one of the email providers set up on my blackberry so I don't have to manually go to the website everytime...

I know I sound really ********!!
    05-23-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD