Igrann needs headless support and hub integration badly. It would truly complete the app. I enjoy the dark theme and everything else about the app. Don't really mind that there's no Instagram direct or filters cause I don't use ig direct and I have better editing apps than ig filters but it would be nice for the next update to be headless.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:10 PM
    Igrann needs headless support and hub integration badly. It would truly complete the app. I enjoy the dark theme and everything else about the app. Don't really mind that there's no Instagram direct or filters cause I don't use ig direct and I have better editing apps than ig filters but it would be nice for the next update to be headless.

Posted via CB10
    Instagram Direct could make the call for headless support valid. But seriously, even that factured, I don't see why anyone would need such an specific app to be running 24/7.
    04-24-14 09:18 PM
    Personally I don't really care for ig but for people who use it in a regular basis I this very important. People want to know when someone likes their stuff of comments on them so they don't have to open the App a hundred times to keep up with the comments and likes. Its a major social network so of course blackberry would benefit from having it headless. Try convincing ig users in iOS to switch to BlackBerry after they find out there's no notifications for it.

Posted via CB10
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    04-24-14 09:25 PM
    As a developer I can tell you adding headless support is very difficult to do. You basically have to build an entire second app just to deal with headless/push notifications

- Developer of PinGuin
    alb101 likes this.
    04-24-14 10:04 PM
    As a developer I can tell you adding headless support is very difficult to do. You basically have to build an entire second app just to deal with headless/push notifications

- Developer of PinGuin
    I figured that but still I think it's more than worth it to put in the effort given the fact that it's such an important app for many

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:19 PM
    I want to use igrann but the feed bugs are way to annoying.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-25-14 07:59 PM
    Don't see the need.

Like it as it is.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-25-14 08:26 PM
    Don't see the need.

Like it as it is.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Most ig users would disagree with you lol...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 08:49 PM
    Most ig users would disagree with you lol...

Posted via CB10
    Yup!

I would love ig notifications. But since Igrann is a free app by a lone developer (not a company with tons of staff and developers), I don't feel cool badgering Nemory about it.

I'm sure he's aware that this is a highly-wanted feature.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-26-14 12:21 AM
    Yeah, I would pay to have this implemented. Perhaps another full version/light

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:08 AM
    Yeah I realized that it's a lot of work especially for a small team.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 06:33 PM

- Developer of PinGuin
    I confess that I know nothing about developing. Is blackberry the only OS that needs apps to be headless? On my Android it seems like notifications works rather easily. Is there a difference on how easy it is to do on different OS's?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-26-14 06:48 PM
    Even if instagram added to bbw (native app) I'll still using igrann but like u says need notifications, I do get notifications but that after I open the app!

Posted via CB10 - Q5
    04-26-14 06:56 PM
    Yup!

I would love ig notifications. But since Igrann is a free app by a lone developer (not a company with tons of staff and developers), I don't feel cool badgering Nemory about it.

I'm sure he's aware that this is a highly-wanted feature.

Posted via CB10
    Dunno why you would bug Nemory about iGrann as he didn't develop it, Gaspertrix did.

Anyway I'm sure Gas has said there will be headless support in the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:05 PM
    Dunno why you would bug Nemory about iGrann as he didn't develop it, Gaspertrix did.

Anyway I'm sure Gas has said there will be headless support in the future.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. What I said still stands for Gaspertrix.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:20 PM
    I confess that I know nothing about developing. Is blackberry the only OS that needs apps to be headless? On my Android it seems like notifications works rather easily. Is there a difference on how easy it is to do on different OS's?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Haven't looked into it too much, but if you want more than just a simple notification in the hub, you basically need to make an entire UI for notifications for when you open them in the hub, I don't think you can just tell it to reference a page.

- Developer of PinGuin
    04-26-14 08:42 PM
    Haven't looked into it too much, but if you want more than just a simple notification in the hub, you basically need to make an entire UI for notifications for when you open them in the hub, I don't think you can just tell it to reference a page.

- Developer of PinGuin
    I'm not sure either. But Whatsapp seems to reuse it's standard UI when you select a Whatsapp message in the HUB.

So, it seems that if you architect your app in a modular way, the same code can be used in the HUB and in the main app.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:21 PM
    It's coming in one of these upcoming updates, don't worry. Probably a conversation better had in the official iGrann thread too so that the developer Gaspertrix will see it.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-26-14 10:23 PM