Ok, I'll admit it, I don't always keep my BB charged up. So sometimes my battery gets drained enough to the point that the radio won't turn on.

"Battery too low for radio use"...

I'm not sure if anyone here has discovered this but, if your battery dies, you can dial 9-1-1 and the radio turns back on. Then after it turns on, hit the END CALL button and call any phone number you want.

Looks like RIM did something smart, as they save enough juice just in cast of an emergency....
    Last edited by dom9360; 07-13-08 at 02:13 PM.
    07-13-08 01:44 PM
    It's best to just charger your battery every night so that you have a full battery charge to start the day off on.
    07-13-08 01:48 PM
    I'm not dumb enough to let my battery drain to that point. If my BB gets down to 30 or 40% than I typically start charging it.
    07-13-08 01:49 PM
    If you call 911 and hang up they call you back. Don't bother the 911 guys just to make a call. Only dial 911 if you need them. It goes into emergency mode for just that. EMERGENCY

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 01:51 PM
    It's recommended that you frequently top off your Battery to extend the life of the Battery. There are tons of posts around on caring for your Battery.
    07-13-08 01:56 PM
    If you call 911 and hang up they call you back. Don't bother the 911 guys just to make a call. Only dial 911 if you need them. It goes into emergency mode for just that. EMERGENCY
    Roger that!! Emergency Services have enough to deal with
    without having to deal with random calls from people who
    let their battery die down
    07-13-08 01:59 PM
    Roger that!! Emergency Services have enough to deal with
    without having to deal with random calls from people who
    let their battery die down
    Isn't a shame how we take Emergency Services for granted? yet when we truly have a need for them, we want them now irrespective of whoever is horsing around and wasting precious time?
    07-13-08 02:08 PM
    Yes, I understand that. I was just pointing out a neat feature about berrys and emergency calls.

Actually, it does not make it to 9-1-1. You don't actually wait to call them. You end the call before hand.

Both my car chargers died on me (they don't make 'em like they used to). I use over 4800 minutes a month and constantly traveling and checking email. (and yes I have a spare batt too)
    07-13-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD