Blaze posted a video on CB about a new feature in 10.2 and after seeing it, which was a nice feature in my opinion, I jumped to the comments and lo and behold, people are readily complaining about privacy issues although there is an option to turn it off. I hate to hear that, there's a billionaire that doesn't have an email. You can follow suit. The Internet is an open world. Once you get in, your privacy is lost. Deal with it

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:49 PM
    What feature?
    08-02-13 11:53 PM
    i do agree that privacy and the internet just dont mix lol
    08-02-13 11:54 PM
    The Internet is an open world. Once you get in, your privacy is lost. Deal with it

Posted via CB10
    What absolute rubbish. You must be an NSA troll. If privacy is not possible do you think banks would allow online banking?

There are plenty of tools and methods for ensuring privacy on the net, as long as you don't mind investing sone time looking into them. For instance use search tools that don't even store who you are and what you are looking for and parse the data before passing it on to those hypocrites at "don't be evil" Google to get the results. And there's plenty more, such as modified browsers and onion shredder services.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 12:01 AM
    But the 10.2 feature I assume you're referring to is the message preview which will be on all BlackBerry 10 devices in the future. This previewing will include text message previews which aren't on the internet. What if someone that rarely uses the internet still has concerns over privacy?
    shadwellal likes this.
    08-03-13 12:08 AM
    But he also said it's an option you can disable that feature.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    08-03-13 01:07 AM
    Oddly enough, whenever I try to spy on myself on the Internet, I'm sometimes shocked at how little of me there is to find. Aside from what I intentionally put out there anyway.

Ya just have to be diligent and not be negligent in what you do online.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    08-03-13 01:24 AM
    Oddly enough, whenever I try to spy on myself on the Internet, I'm sometimes shocked at how little of me there is to find. Aside from what I intentionally put out there anyway.

Ya just have to be diligent and not be negligent in what you do online.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    Yea, it's not just the Internet though. If you carry a smart phone then every location you have been to is mapped out. Every shop, cafe, train you have been in. Also any phone call, text, Facebook or Twitter update you made can be linked to the time and place you actually did it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 01:33 AM
    Here you go. This is brilliant:

http://www.zeit.de/datenschutz/malte...data-retention

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 01:36 AM
    Blaze posted a video on CB about a new feature in 10.2 and after seeing it, which was a nice feature in my opinion, I jumped to the comments and lo and behold, people are readily complaining about privacy issues although there is an option to turn it off. I hate to hear that, there's a billionaire that doesn't have an email. You can follow suit. The Internet is an open world. Once you get in, your privacy is lost. Deal with it

Posted via CB10
    lol you got to be an employee of the NSA, or Pro USA gov Spying service man.
    That is your answer or solution you come up with. Instead being an advocate for privacy without gov intrussion.

BB Z10 rocks.
    08-03-13 01:41 AM
    Yea, it's not just the Internet though. If you carry a smart phone then every location you have been to is mapped out. Every shop, cafe, train you have been in. Also any phone call, text, Facebook or Twitter update you made can be linked to the time and place you actually did it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but that information is supposed to be private. There are also modified browsers for smartphones though not much on the Z10 yet (one browser allows you to spoof user agent details, small issue but it's a start though).

I think the smartphone developer community are going to put more effort into this area over the next couple of years and we should see apps that help us re-instate our privacy in this area.

I believe the Z10 already allows choice of search engines so that's good.

I'm hoping that after BBM goes multi platform and is bedded in, that we see a secure layer for texts and voice calls added in. This could be achieved through 3rd party apps on the OS10 platform, depending on developer access.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    08-03-13 02:01 AM
    lol you got to be an employee of the NSA, or Pro USA gov Spying service man.
    That is your answer or solution you come up with. Instead being an advocate for privacy without gov intrussion.

BB Z10 rocks.
    I wish I was an employee. Would have got some major bucks in my wallet. After all, what does the NSA get from snooping through my calls. I haven't heard them steal business ideas or do they. The Internet is not a private place. Some of you think you can use browsers and apps to some extent stay private but it's false. Nobody really has your time, if they do, trust me, you not hard to find. I'm barely a tech wiz, but get me your first name and I can pull as much info I can on an individual. Yall lucky anonymous is no more. Loved those guys. I wish they still existed to spam all the big apps into making their apps available to all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:31 AM
    What feature?
    Previewing messages and notifications when the screen is locked.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:32 AM