I am going to be running two different devices from two different carriers. I currently have a Sprint 8330m with latest Sprint OS. I am still in evaluation period on it and will be getting a Verizon Tour tomorrow to try that out.

I really want to try them out side by side can I sync both devices through the same desktop manager? Or do I need to have 2 seperate DM's.

I am fairly new to BB's in general BUT LOVING IT!!! I could really use any advise you might have on conducting this little experiment. I have until tomorrow at 7pm PST before having to return the 8330 to Sprint or keep it.

Due to technicalities with Sprint they could not let me try the Tour until next month when it is available in store which is outside my 30 day eval period on the Curve.
    07-14-09 02:53 PM
    You should have no trouble syncing both devices using the same desktop manager.
    07-14-09 02:58 PM
    From my understanding, back up the curve then load the back up on the tour. It should be as simple as that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 02:58 PM
    DM will have no problem with multiple BBs because the devices have different PIN numbers.

Device Switch wizard is the way to go.

If you have backup files from both, you should keep them in separate folders to keep them straight. DM doesn't care if you made the backup using another device when doing a Restore.

07-14-09 03:06 PM
    Does Device Switch Wizard allow you to go back and forth between devices?

07-14-09 03:10 PM
    DM will have no problem with multiple BBs because the devices have different PIN numbers.

Device Switch wizard is the way to go.

If you have backup files from both, you should keep them in separate folders to keep them straight. DM doesn't care if you made the backup using another device when doing a Restore.

How about transferring applications?
    07-14-09 03:39 PM
    You probably already know this, but your Tour should have come with a CD for DM. It should have version 5.0.0.8. That was just posted in one of the forums, do a search on it for more info if you need it.

What everyone else said sounds right to me.

DM Device Switch is what I used when Verizon sent me a replacement Curve. I made a back up of both phones first, then switched from my old one to my new one. Apps, messages, everything was fine. And I had a clean backup of an original device if I ever wanted to clean up everything and start over.

In your case, I'd recommend a backup of both first, and then a switch. If it's a no-go, then you'll need the restore.

Since I had two Curves, I didn't have any problems. In your case, I doubt if your older apps will work on your new Tour, but I would expect messages and address book data to be fine. If you've never downloaded apps, it may not be an issue.

I've backup up stuff from three different Blackberrys using the same instance of DM, it's easy. Just stay organized, the PIN is how DM recognizes the different phones, but you'll need to build folders on your PC for it. (like xliderider said).
    07-14-09 03:57 PM
    the Sprint curve has DM version 4.5 and it sounds like the Verizon Tour will be 5.0. Does that present a problem?
    07-14-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD