03-23-14 08:52 AM
98 1234
tools
    Belgium here. I bought my Q10 last autumn after I read several reviews and having tried it out in the shop. In fact I was looking for a high-end business smartphone that would combine the physical keyboard of my prehistoric HTC TyTN2, the professional capabilities of Windows Mobile 6.5 on my old HTC HD2, the swiping and the active frames of my Nokia N9 (now very deep asleep in my drawer), and all this nicely packed in a sturdy no nonsense hardware. Et voilà !!! I never tried BB before and I realize now that I missed a lot. The price of my Q10 was not an issue. BB adverts are 100% non-existent in Belgium...
    02-12-14 06:02 AM
    I'm asking this question to try and clarify something;

I would like to know if those of you with a BB10 device, (referring to the first one you got) why did you get it?

How important/influential where the following factors? (also if you don't mind please include your location (just country/region is fine )
    A. Ontario, Canada

1) Price (more of a setback than a draw for some but you never know)
    A. Not a significant factor.

2) Trying out the device
    A. Not a big factor as I read up on as many informed reviews before even touching one at the store.

3) Advertisement (what kind did you see)

4) You are a BlackBerry fan and it was their latest offering, why wouldn't you get it

5) you felt it was time for something new
    A.biggest factor for me was this. I wanted a bigger screen and was willing to try a touchscreen device for the first time and move away from my physical keyboard. But will be moving back to physical keyboard as soon as a slider is available or something significantly better comes to market from Blackberry.

Other

Did you feel that you learnt enough about BB10 from the adverts?
    A. Not really. Can't learn enough important info in 30 seconds. Need to do deeper dive before understanding how things really work.

Or did your past with blackberry lead you to find out more?
    A. Having owned a 9900 was a small factor. The new OS implied a new way of doing things. So I kept an open mind and let my own experience determine my own opinions.

Obviously there's a lot of q's /thoughts there, the more you answer the more helpful it will be I know a lot of you love to share so let's gather all this info together

Thank you

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 06:04 AM
    Because my Z30 is a work horse and can handle anything my business or I throw at it. If you are a business owner who works 7 days a week, this phone is right there with you.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-12-14 06:31 AM
    I got my Q10, as the battery on my 9900 was on it's last legs, and other than the keyboard (which was excellent) there were many things I really didn't like about the 9900

Wanted another keyboard phone with good security (eg BlackBerry is the only option) so decided to get the Q10

Price was not an issue as all handsets offered by my carrier, (eg other BlackBerry, iPhone, Samsung) were free on my business contract
    02-12-14 06:33 AM
    WHY?

It was BlackBerry.

It was at launch, and at the time it looked like the new OS was a hit. Thor was saying it was their best launch. I fully expected that developers were going to support the new platform.
    02-12-14 07:36 AM
    Prior to my 9800 Torch I was obsessed with Motorola flip phones. Everyone I knew had BlackBerries and iPhone and Android was getting popular. I finally made my decision to order the 9800 Torch. I just cared for emails, texts and BBM and wasn't to crazy to about surfing the Web, Facebooking and etc.

When I saw the PlayBook and got a glimpse of the OS I was like WOW I want that lol. When I finally got it and started using it and told myself if the next generation of BlackBerry's OS is anything like this or better I'm waiting for it.

Sure enough after patiently waiting while most of my friends had already switched to iPhone s BlackBerry s z10 was coming so I upgraded to it on launch day.

As the updates came out BB10 has been maturing quit well.

Btw, just upgraded from my z10 to the z30. Awesome phone! Well worth it!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:55 AM
    I really liked everything I read about the new OS and had a mini experience with it when I purchased my PlayBook when it first came out.

I had gone to my local AT&T store to try out the Z10 a number of times since I was curious how I would do without a physical keyboard. I was coming from a 9810 and I rarely, I mean rarely used the virtual keyboard. At this time the Q10 was not available.

I upgraded in June and got the Z for $100. I traded in my old 9800 for a discount.

I like how you can multi-task easily. Voice is great over phone calls. Email text calendar all work well for me. Now that 10.2.1.1925 is available as an official or leak, the added features of toast notifications, etc enable me to stay connected. The screen on the Z10 is incredibly sharp, the keyboard is amazing, and the browser is a wowser!!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    02-12-14 08:31 AM
    - I travel a lot with my job and the removable battery and HDMI out are big plusses for me
    - I like BBM and the blinking light
    - I love the OS
    - I had a bunch of PlayBook games and apps that I bought and many of them transferred over
    - I got it at a great price from a BlackBerry employee, unlocked, with no contract. Love that!
    - I'm Canadian
    02-12-14 08:34 AM
    I waited for the Z30 that I got during boxing week for $49.99 on a 2 year contract.
    Hub
    Keyboard
    I never once saw an ad for the Z30. Most of my information was from here.
    The rebel in me couldn't have the same phone everyone else had.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 09:01 AM
    QWERTY + tried the other OS and did not like Andriod/iOS/wp8
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 11:19 AM
    There r little things that BlackBerry does better than other phones. I am still discovering them more each day as I interact with other users. We have other platforms in our house and have used other devices. For us, the BlackBerry just works best for communication, and also fun stuff. The UI is buttery smooth, love the Hub and gestures. The size of the Z10 is perfect for me. Love the display too. Very, very happy.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-12-14 11:23 AM
    First and foremost, thanks OP for this refreshing thread

Always liked BB from since 2000. I never give up on things easily if there are no rational or logical reasons. BlackBerry seriously fumbled but I always believe in giving things second chances. I'm very glad that I did. BlackBerry hasn't disappointed me. In fact I pleasant surprised with the number of OS updated, thus far.
    I like excitements by nature and the BB10 platform has been giving me all the dosage I can handle Love learning new things and BB10 has tons of new things waiting to be discovered.
    When I want something, then I gotta to have it. And I was intrigued by what the new BB10 phone would be like, prior to launch. Hence I was one of the first to buy the Z10 on the very first day of launching in T.O Canada
    The Z30 is definitively a productivity beast for me; actually I am now looking forward for the Z50 So bring it on BlackBerry cause I am so ready.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 11:47 AM
    Because my 6GB BlackBerry data plan only cost 50$.

Then I found out you could change the APN to iPhones so...
    I'm stuck with my Z10 for a bit more!
    02-12-14 12:04 PM
    OS!

Since 2010 ?
    02-12-14 12:12 PM
    I thought BBX was the new OSX so I got it.
    02-12-14 12:38 PM
    GTA in Ontario Canada here. I bought a BlackBerry Z10 in about November of 2013. Loved it the moment I got it. Moved on to a Z30 shortly after (as the Z10 unfortunately fried.) and I couldn't be happier.

1) Price - This was a bit of a setback but not majorly. Bought it for $400 out-right from a third party.

2) Trying out the device I'd been paying attention to BB10 since launch, so I made a number of trips to different resellers to play with demo devices. I was always impressed by the HUB especially.

3) Advertisement (what kind did you see). This is where I have to confess: I didn't see a lot of advertising on BlackBerry's part for this phone. NOTHING on TV, which was extremely disappointing. They should have saturated media with adverts for this device. A lot of the info I got myself through CrackBerry

4) You are a BlackBerry fan and it was their latest offering, why wouldn't you get it Though I am a fan, I'm not huge on brand loyalty. I ventured to other phones (iPhone, Android) because I wondered what they could offer me. BB10 has offered me everything I need in a mobile communications device (Note: NOT just a phone).

5) you felt it was time for something new <--- This happens to me about twice a year, so I find myself having to ignore it half the time.

Other BlackBerry is the only company I can think of that I truly want to see succeed. Mostly because they're Canadian, it's true, but also because they are the underdog and they have the potential to push a really great product.

Did you feel that you learnt enough about BB10 from the adverts? Not at all. I learned everything by going out on my own and finding it, and I'm part of a small percentage that would do that. Everywhere I go nobody really knows about the new BlackBerry's or has heard a lot of mis-information regarding it.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 12:46 PM
    Because i usually root for the underdogs, and i love the way the device and os looks and feels. Coming from a iphone, it was a big upgrade.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 12:52 PM
    Thank you everyone for your responses, your time is really appreciated loving the BB10 love #WeChooseBlackberry10 #KeepMoving #MyBB10Story

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 01:06 PM
    I got my Z10 from Telus last year just after it was launched as an upgrade from my old dumb phone. I'd never had a BlackBerry phone, but a few of my family and friends, including my girlfriend, were using BlackBerrys. I wanted to get in on BBM and the phone looked promising.

I also had a playbook so I was hoping for the great bridge functionality my one friend showed me between his BB7 phone and his PB.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:17 PM
    I am a BB lover. Always have been and probably always will be. I had my Curve for years because there was nothing coming out that interested me. I had a my tough for a while and hated it! Anyways I need BB because of bbm. I have family I keep in touch with in Dominican Republic ( I reside in USA, Orlando, FL). The price was a little steep because I got it when it was fresh on the market but I don't mind. Anyways my Z10 works great! and I love that I can do my homework and office work on the Docs to Go App with no problem. Then theres the easy printing, filing, storing, etc. It just works for me. Maybe next year I'll upgrade, however it will be with Blackberry again cause lets face it I'm loyal.
    02-12-14 03:40 PM
    I first got a Bold 9700, first BB and I just fell in love with BB ! The keyboard on it was so great I couldn't let go off it, at that time I was around 6000 Texts in a month ^^ coming from nearly1500 it was a big change ^^
    A bit later folowing BB and CrackBerry since this purchase I wanted to support BB all the way and when I first got my very first salary I bought me a sweet Playbook to use in bridge with my phone. I was quite happy with this configuration and also bought the mini Keyboard for my Playbook (Yeah BB all the way)
    Then one day my Bold fell in a pit, I managed to get it out and dry however the phone died every time I wanted to open an app or text messages. At this moment we were in July 2012, knowing that BB10 was in a few month time I was ready to wait before upgrading. In 2013 with the Z10 coming out I just couldn't wait any longer (Q10 was not released and was 100$ more expensive). Coming from Keyboard phones (my back-up phone being a little keyboard samsung) I was at first a bit confused with the gestures, keyboard, big screen and all in all the pretty "BIG" phone, coming from smaller phones like the 9700 and then the tiny Samsung it was quite a change, my pockets seemed to small ^^
    But then in one week time I got used to the virtual keyboard, the gestures, and the bigger size of the device. The bigger screen was really a big difference, I could surf on the internet, like I would on a tablet or a computer, watch series on it, I also figured out that I could send my series wirelessly to my connected TV in no time, there I was watching my serie on my TV (but the serie actually running on my Z10) while I was texting away, surfing the web. This phone is really a game changer, plus with the new update for apk, it's like a new toy to me, I try all the android applications, pretty every app works, it's really THE best !! For the price, the specs and this wonderful OS it's the BEST Smartphone out there ! Really which other smartphone could have the best security standards, a kick *** Virtual keyboard, DLNA, 4G, Two core processor, 2GB RAM, interchangeable battery, microSD slots to 64GB, a incredibly fast and beautiful OS, access to a lot of productivity apps and open to ALL the ANDROID APP STORE ? No other Smartphone is this awesome and has a smaller price tag , to be correct no other smartphone at all can play APP that are not from the same OS ! In a nutshell, the Z10 is THE best smartphone out there in terms of Price/Quality ! It is quite annoying that the battery lasts only through midday but with a battery bundle you should be good to go the virtual keyboard adapts to your writing so it will take a little bit of time but then you'll be able to swipe your text or BBMs with no problem and you get even more quicker on it as with a physical keyboard.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-12-14 04:43 PM
    1) Price (more of a setback than a draw for some but you never know)

2) Trying out the device

3) Advertisement (what kind did you see)

4) You are a BlackBerry fan and it was their latest offering, why wouldn't you get it

5) you felt it was time for something new

Other

Did you feel that you learnt enough about BB10 from the adverts?

Or did your past with blackberry lead you to find out more?

Obviously there's a lot of q's /thoughts there, the more you answer the more helpful it will be I know a lot of you love to share so let's gather all this info together
    1) Price was a non issue
    2) trying it out wasn't a reason. I knew this was my device for the next 2 years
    3) no ads drove me
    4) no
    5) no

Other:
    I pretty much watched the demos pre-release and I was blown away. I don't play games and it makes everything a phone should do, that much easier to do.
    02-12-14 04:56 PM
    "If you have a BlackBerry 10 device...why?"

Why not?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:43 PM
    Why? Why not.
    02-12-14 06:52 PM
    Smartphone wise I was pretty much just with iPhone before (various models). I wanted no part of android as I don't like Google privacy, malware etc. So I did my research on bb10. A few friends upgraded to z10, I played with it, compared apps and 90% of what I used was there (besides games but I don't play much besides angry birds on my phone). So once z30 was announced I knew I wanted to try something new besides another iPhone. I got really tired of iPhone and I wanted something different. Had zero interest in windows phone too, I just don't like the OS design

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:54 PM
98 1234