View Poll Results: If you could go back, would you buy your BB10 device again?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

180 75.95%
  • No

57 24.05%
    No, I like the Z10, but I was much happier with my BB9900. The hardware isn't the issue, the OS is. It's been problematic from day one and is still a pain in the ****. Maybe if BlackBerry would release official OSes without the carrier, it would be better. A&T has helped make the experience unbearable. (Still at 10.1.0.2019)

No, I can't load a leaked OS. On a BES and have to follow company policies, especially since they pay for my service. It is supposed to be a reliable business tool, not a toy that I sideload and wipe/reinstall often because of OS bugs.
    10-14-13 10:40 AM
    Absolutely. I just wished the Z10 had a better battery.

I'm still hoping for a bigger battery to come out for it since it's replaceable.
    10-14-13 10:42 AM
    I love my Z10, it replaced a Lumia 920 which replaced an iPhone. Theres no way I could go back. In fact my work phone is an iPhone5 and my Z10 blows it away to the extent I have my work email on my Z10. Exactly.
    I sideloaded apps like Netflix and Instagram which I have successfully never bothered to use. Why Blackberry don`t push the fact that they effectively have a dual operating system is unbelievable. Has anyone seen this in marketing anywhere? WTF? Also I notice that in the reviews/tear a strip off alls they say is "missing key apps" rather than "sideload an Android one". Something going on here...
    Because sideloads are an excuse for the app problem rather than a solution. And why should a consumer buy a BB10 device which is foreign to them and has no apps (and they need to do extra work to sideload the ones they want) over a platform which is familiar and has all the apps they want without the extra work?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-14-13 10:47 AM
    Absolutely. Is it everything I hoped for? No. But every time I use a iPhone/Android/Windows phone it reminds me why I like my BB.
    bigglybobblyboo and bungaboy like this.
    10-14-13 11:04 AM
    Absolutely. Is it everything I hoped for? No. But every time I use a iPhone/Android/Windows phone it reminds me why I like my BB.
    That is SO true. I keep looking at the others but for me all they do is tell me again and again just how much BB10 has got under my skin without me even knowing it...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-14-13 12:46 PM
    other than my 8700g, My Z10 is the best blackberry I've owned yet. I've owned the 8700g, Curve 8330, Bold 9700, a Storm 9550, and now my z10. I've loved them all but my favorites are my 8700g and my Z10
    10-14-13 01:06 PM
    Yes I would! I also had hoped for more native apps but with sideloading I am fine. I do wish the OS updates would be released faster by my carrier; one of the reasons why I HAVE to resort to leaks.
    10-14-13 03:30 PM
    In a heartbeat I would! I waited too long as it was. This phone is awesome and it gets better with everyday! Rockin the q10

Posted via CB10
    talberry likes this.
    10-14-13 03:33 PM
    In a heartbeat I would! I waited too long as it was. This phone is awesome and it gets better with everyday! Rockin the q10

Posted via CB10
    Same here!! Waited too long for this!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:04 PM
    NO!

My Z10 is a POS that constantly reboots on its own. It has also started rebooting if I don't lay it down gently when I put it down on any hard surface. Seriously. If I "drop" it onto the desk or table etc from a half inch above the surface, it will reset.

I hate that I was a BB fan boy. I wish I could get out of this phone and into anything else...20 more months on this contract to go.
    Dude, you have a hardware issue. Take it back.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:35 PM
    Odd? Are you serious?
    100% Normal.
    When you go into a store, do you ask the sales rep for that particular company's financials before you buy? What do you do if it's a private company?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:40 PM
    When you go into a store, do you ask the sales rep for that particular company's financials before you buy? What do you do if it's a private company?

Posted via CB10
    Why would I ask a sales rep anything?

I do my own research. I do not buy products which have poor reviews and poor support. This is what the majority of consumers do and is a major reason why BB is in the position its in.
    sugarcookiegal likes this.
    10-14-13 05:54 PM
    Odd? Are you serious?
    100% Normal.
    Not normal, it's not about product quality any longer. And a product like a Z10 deserves more sales.
    10-14-13 06:11 PM
    Why would I ask a sales rep anything?

I do my own research. I do not buy products which have poor reviews and poor support. This is what the majority of consumers do and is a major reason why BB is in the position its in.
    Read what you quoted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9325444

You implied you didn't care about the products' quality but only the health of the company. Hence my "read only company financials and nothing about the product itself".

And I doubt the majority of consumers do their own research. The ones that do are the exception not the rule.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:12 PM
    Read what you quoted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9325444

You implied you didn't care about the products' quality but only the health of the company. Hence my "read only company financials and nothing about the product itself".

And I doubt the majority of consumers do their own research. The ones that do are the exception not the rule.

Posted via CB10
    Umm the quoted post said the OPs question was "odd". I replied it was 100% normal to ask a question like this.

??
    10-14-13 06:19 PM
    Yes. No question. Really like my Z10.

Hopefully, I can buy the Z30 outright tomorrow at my local store. If not I will have to drive 250 km round trip to get one later this week.

(My SGSIII and iPhone 4S sit, alone, in my storage drawer)
    10-14-13 07:00 PM
    Umm the quoted post said the OPs question was "odd". I replied it was 100% normal to ask a question like this.

??
    It's not normal to ask someone who has a Z10, hey did you feel you made a mistake about buying the product now that Blackberry is dying...? I mean, damn what you feel about its quality...

You don't go up to someone to ask about that with another product. I mean, typically.

It implies that:

1. Hey, sorry, you didnt see it coming. So you are actually screwed.

2. You don't buy products based on quality but whether it will be supported in a year's time.

3. Your fandom is nothing. You wasted your money.
    10-14-13 07:59 PM

??
    not how I saw it, but meh.
    10-14-13 10:45 PM
    NO!

My Z10 is a POS that constantly reboots on its own. It has also started rebooting if I don't lay it down gently when I put it down on any hard surface. Seriously. If I "drop" it onto the desk or table etc from a half inch above the surface, it will reset.

I hate that I was a BB fan boy. I wish I could get out of this phone and into anything else...20 more months on this contract to go.
    It's under warranty, replace it?
    10-14-13 11:37 PM
    Heading to Telus first thing this morning to buy the Z-30! BlackBerry isn't going anywhere.

Posted Via my Z-10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-15-13 07:04 AM
    No

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-15-13 07:28 AM
    No, my experience with the Z10 has been a nightmare. I have gone through 3 phones that rebooted so much on their own that they were essentially not usable. This is my fourth one, same crap as the previous ones. I had to to dig out an old phone and get that activated so I would have something that would not crash and reboot every 2 hours or so. Given what I have gone through I can see why BlackBerry is a sinking ship, they produce a product that is garbage. Before the onslaught begins because of my comments keep this in mind; first of this has been my experience with my Z10's, just because yours may have been more positive doesn't take away the fact this is what I have had to deal with, and two I don't really give a rip what you have to say if its negative and just attacking me for my opinion, so don't waste your time.
    10-15-13 12:16 PM
    Why yes, yes I would! The only thing I might have done differently is I may not have preordered. Only reason I say that is because my fiance actually got her white Z10 in the morning when Verizon opened. I had to wait to till later in the afternoon to get my black Z10 delivered.

I fully intend to pick up the Z30 somehow as well!

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1761
    10-15-13 12:24 PM
    Before the onslaught begins (...)
    Wow, perhaps the best comment this month..!

From the Z...
    10-15-13 12:40 PM
    I have bb10 and love it! However, went back to my little work horse, Bold 9930, due to lack of BB Bridge! I have several Playbooks and did not realize how much I would miss the ability to bridge when wifi not available.
    BB Bridge and Playbook is the best and I am anxiously awaiting a resolution with the BB10 devices....then, I will be Happy BB user again! I have had several tablets and have always returned to Playbook....Great device!
    10-15-13 11:58 PM
294 ... 89101112