would it be a good move to put up a small blackberry store? i see in india they have several but i would love to see blackberry be that popular that they do that here in the us, i know of one or two in airports but i would love to see atleast a small store in a major us city. Am i the only one that would like to see it
    06-15-12 05:38 PM
    Apple managed to get it to work wonders, but thats Apple. I cannot see the need for a Blackberry/RIM store.

First off all they really sell to consumers are smartphones and tablets. Smartphones need a carrier, so why not leave that to the carriers to sell? Also the Playbook is not a popular enough device to make a store a necessity.

Apple sells Macs in the form of both laptops and desktops. A variety of iPods. Three different iPad generations and then also in both wifi only or data plan models. Oh and then that other thing called an iPhone. Also Apple TV? All of their products have had some degree of success that are sold in stores today except perhaps Apple TV.

Also in India, as a smartphone the Curve models are more affordable to the people over there, especially if other high end smartphones are not subsidized the same way with contracts and also data plans are managed differently as a pay as you go.

India is a different market than the States, I don't think a RIM store would succeed here even if against all odds BB10 becomes the biggest thing since sliced bread...
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-15-12 05:50 PM
    I agree with jthep

Setting up a store that would exist to sell an extremely limited product line (phones and tablet)
    just does not seem like a prudent idea.

At present, the only thing separating the tablets is storage (and one is being phased out.)
    Then there is the matter of their phones. Many of these models are so similar that the
    distinctions are almost not worth mentioning, and again, some of those are being phased out.

Now I know the argument will be BB10 ...................................... blah, but that is still a phone
    and not enough to change the feasibility (or lack thereof) of a standalone store.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-15-12 at 06:06 PM.
    06-15-12 06:00 PM
    I think you will see manufacturers opening more and more stores over the next few years. With carriers getting away from subsidizing devices I see the manufacturers selling the devices only. This way it cuts out third party's and the profit will be higher and they can control how their devices are marketed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 07:14 PM
    I would love to setup an Independent Blackberry store here in the UK it would be awesome.

I do agree its a limited product line though otherwise it would be brilliant

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 07:25 PM
    I will say this about the Apple store. It was nice to drop into a store when having trouble with a device. Having someone who had actual knowledge of a product was nice unlike carrier reps. However I must admit that while it would be great for us the consumer, it would be a bleeding wound for BlackBerry's/RIM's profit margin.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 07:33 PM
    Heck I would take a kiosk but I understand. It's hard to sell just one or two things Even with cases and headphones that kinda stuff. If they had enough for just a little kiosk or store in a mall would rock or just info on the Site that would help find places in the area that did bb repair and what not would be awesome to me.
    06-15-12 10:40 PM
    Been said here but I agree, not in NA but in markets that can support it. Everything is going to the interent anyways, RIM doesn't need to overhead. If apple suffers any sort of downturn those stores are going to start seeming like dead weight.
    06-15-12 10:41 PM
    Been said here but I agree, not in NA but in markets that can support it. Everything is going to the interent anyways, RIM doesn't need to overhead. If apple suffers any sort of downturn those stores are going to start seeming like dead weight.

Exactly, look what happened to Gateway. Not sure that's the best example but they had stores everywhere and then suddenly nowhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 11:17 PM
    If RIM "comes back" you won't need BlackBerry stores. Because for them to come back requires the carriers to get on board. Once carriers are pushing BB10, there's no longer a need to circumvent them.
    06-15-12 11:29 PM
    Circuit City. Best buy apparently isn't doing so well. Borders.
    06-15-12 11:29 PM
    Blackberry has stores. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy, Radio Shack and Amazon. They should run some kind of IN STORE promotion to get attention to their product in stores when the clerk doesn't care.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-15-12 11:53 PM
    hello! can sum1 tell me wat to do! am kinda lost

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 01:15 AM
    Their profit margins are too high to worry at the moment. I think about 30% of their revenue comes from the stores now.
    06-16-12 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD