$10 bucks says he has the CNN shortcut on his homepage...and probably the new Myspace app..,lol..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 12:17 PM

i guess i won't be using email anymore on my blackberry.
    I think the issue at hand is that part of the BlackBerry traffic leaves the territory of the USA and goes through RIM's NOC in Ontario.

Even though it is 100% secure and 256-bit secure end-to-end (I have heard even cops find it next to impossible to intercept BB traffic), i think the CIA/whoever may balk at the mere thought of having something related to the president not completely within US territory and hence control. My 2 cents, anyways.
    11-18-08 12:41 PM
    This thread has made my day. I'm wondering how many people also think that the president has the highest level of security clearance also.

I have insite on a lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread so that's why it's cracking me up so much.
    11-18-08 01:55 PM
    This thread has made my day. I'm wondering how many people also think that the president has the highest level of security clearance also.

I have insite on a lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread so that's why it's cracking me up so much.
    according to national treasure 2...the president has accessed to the "book of secret", i guess obama will finally knows rosewell, who assissinated kennedy, fake landing on the moon etc.
    11-18-08 02:52 PM
    After reading this article I am really curious what the life of the POTUS really is like. I mean, come on: no mobile, no blackberry, no internet.

Does anyone know of any biography that describes the daily life of a POTUS?
    The president is just on another level. It is like the difference between the guy who buys a Ferrari to drive around and the guy who just has drivers and doesnt concern himself with such things.

He doesnt read his own emails or make his own calls, someone else does it for him and reports back.
    11-18-08 03:38 PM
    Cause hacking your personal BB is the script for the next 24 episode.

Presidential communications are public record. He can't use BB messanger to his friends. Plus there are ways to purchase scanners that tune on GSM frequencies. I'm sure the DoD has a slew of phones which are encrypted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 06:07 PM
    Also, having a phone that can trace your whereabouts is a huge security risk for him.
    When don't people know where he is, or will be?
    11-18-08 11:59 PM
    I'm guessing that most of our BB's are considerably less of a target than the President Elects BB :-)
    11-19-08 03:03 AM
    This is the reason for the BB ban......
    Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978
    exactly... has nothing (more or less) to do with "security" of bb email.
    11-19-08 03:42 AM
    I for one, couldn't give a toss if whether the Elect-President uses the Blackberry or not. I don't understand, what's it got to do with the price of fish? I like blackberry, it's fun and suits my needs.
    11-19-08 06:04 AM
    I think the issue at hand is that part of the BlackBerry traffic leaves the territory of the USA and goes through RIM's NOC in Ontario.

Even though it is 100% secure and 256-bit secure end-to-end (I have heard even cops find it next to impossible to intercept BB traffic), i think the CIA/whoever may balk at the mere thought of having something related to the president not completely within US territory and hence control. My 2 cents, anyways.
    Technical security is not the primary issue. No encryption can resist a crusading lawyer with a tame judge signing the orders.
    11-19-08 08:51 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD