Could that be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back for RIM's faithfuls? I personally don't use my browser that often because it's not a necessity for me. All I care about is having a good personal organizer with good call quality. And my 9650 does that for me. But browsing on a mobile device has taken on a new role. It's almost second nature now. Again, I understand that faithful users won't defect to other devices. And rightfully so. However, if RIM drops the ball on this, will we start to see a negative ripple effect throughout the community?
    06-07-10 08:02 PM
    Valid point, but RIM is still the leader in the business world, and I dont see OS6 making or breaking that.
    06-07-10 08:04 PM
    I'm looking to jump now because of the browser and os not being new and fresh, if the webkit and os6 suck I'm DONE with BB.
    06-07-10 08:06 PM
    Nope. Crackberry community, maybe, but it's already a pool of negativity. The average user is a whole different story. Most people don't even have OS5 installed on their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:20 PM
    Most people don't even have OS5 installed on their phones.

That's true, and I guess I should've clarified. I was leaning more towards the web browsing aspect. I personally have never owned or even fiddled with an iphone or an android phone. But from what I can understand is that the web browsing experience on those devices is allegedly far superior to that on any blackberry device.
    06-07-10 08:41 PM
    I would be a big let down.

06-07-10 09:15 PM
    I manage to browse/read most of the sites I want between the native browser, bolt, and viigo. I still am hoping for a much better browsing experience when the webkit browser comes out though.

Just curious as to what your perception of the hype is that's surrounding OS6(besides Webkit)? Don't think its gunna be a huge overhaul...RIM is known for making evolutionary steps
    To their OS not revolutionary.

06-07-10 09:45 PM
    I manage to browse/read most of the sites I want between the native browser, bolt, and viigo. I still am hoping for a much better browsing experience when the webkit browser comes out though.

Just curious as to what your perception of the hype is that's surrounding OS6(besides Webkit)? Don't think its gunna be a huge overhaul...RIM is known for making evolutionary steps
    To their OS not revolutionary.

Evolutionary, at best. New icons, theme, several new features. WebKit will probably be similar to what we see from Bolt. If the browser goes through RIM's servers it probably won't be as fast as we're hoping it to be. Android and iPhone browsers, I believe, operates off of your carrier's data speed.
    06-07-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD