What device is the rumored Half Qwerty Half Touch?

Basically a Bold or something that had a screen that you could navigate via touch.
    07-25-09 12:43 AM
    The Magnum/Dakota is the half touch half QWERTY.
    07-25-09 04:35 PM
    is it like a Bold or Curve 8900... just with a touch screen? or is it like a Palm Pre type deal?
    07-25-09 05:47 PM
    I would like to see a slider. Then you could get a bigger screen with a full qwerty. If it were like the bold, the screen would be tiny
    07-25-09 06:07 PM
    is it like a Bold or Curve 8900... just with a touch screen? or is it like a Palm Pre type deal?
    Bold type with touch, 8900 back.

I would like to see a slider. Then you could get a bigger screen with a full qwerty. If it were like the bold, the screen would be tiny
    You'll see a slider coming.
    07-25-09 06:50 PM
    Bold type with touch, 8900 back.

You'll see a slider coming.
    I can't wait to see these. One of them will be my next BB. I do love the new Tour I got but realy loved my touch screens. Be nice to have a BB touch combo.

I think the slider idea will be great to have a large touch screen with a good sized QWERTY keyboard. My fingers are large and like bigger keyboard sizes. (less typos and back spacing LOL).
    07-25-09 10:14 PM
    Really?

oh . . . lol

so which is the slider with touch?
    07-25-09 11:03 PM
    Really?

oh . . . lol

so which is the slider with touch?
    Yes. Aha.

And slider I'm not too sure. Believe it's a XX50 device though.
    07-26-09 12:19 AM
    ah RIM just keeps putting out blackberrys. hope my tour is "old" enough when one of these comes out so i can hope on that bandwagon too. loving blackberry's!
    07-26-09 09:36 AM
    Will it have a screen that clicks?
    07-26-09 10:57 AM
    I want the Magnum!
    07-26-09 03:25 PM
    You'll see one of these devices mentioned soon.
    07-26-09 06:24 PM
    ah RIM just keeps putting out blackberrys. hope my tour is "old" enough when one of these comes out so i can hope on that bandwagon too. loving blackberry's!
    Not all the models your hearing about will make it to production. Also, so are the SAME model. One is an internal codename, and then its production name to follow after.
    07-27-09 12:41 PM
    if RIM is going to put out a slider that would be a big concern....

i don't wanna come off as "one of those people"...but i think slider phones are garbage. the ribbon has too much play and they are much more prone to blank displays, inverted displays, the fuzzy tv effect, no sound, etc.

hopefully if RIM puts out a slider they get it right. i have all the confidence that they will.
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    Yeah.... I would not want a slider. Ever.
    07-28-09 04:35 PM
    Well I'll take the ones yall don't want. Big touch screen with full qwerty would be the bomb imo. Along with lots of memory and a fast cpu, perhaps the snapdragon 1.5 ghz

forkup
    07-29-09 05:49 PM
    Well I'll take the ones yall don't want. Big touch screen with full qwerty would be the bomb imo. Along with lots of memory and a fast cpu, perhaps the snapdragon 1.5 ghz

forkup
    Why do you need a huge screen? I think something the size of the 8900 with a touch screen instead of a trackball would be completely amazing. Throw in WiFi, GPS, 3G+, and OS 5.0 and I'm sold for life. So pretty much a Treo type phone.
    07-30-09 08:01 AM
    Big screens will spoil you if you spend a lot of time checking web pages or pictures, media, etc.
    I'd love to see touch screen (not surepress) that can be turned off, with a trackpad and qwerty, but I'm just as interested in a FAST cpu, lots of RAM, and best of all an OLED super high res screen (touch or not) but can't forget all the 3G, wifi, gps, stuff either

I want it all... and I want it now!!
    07-30-09 09:06 AM
    See i dont care about the big screen because i dont watch movies on my Tour. When viewing web pages im always in column mode anyway reading articles
    07-30-09 11:53 AM
    A big screen makes a big difference. I am so use to it. Its what make touch screen phones imo so popular.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:08 PM
    if RIM is going to put out a slider that would be a big concern....

i don't wanna come off as "one of those people"...but i think slider phones are garbage. the ribbon has too much play and they are much more prone to blank displays, inverted displays, the fuzzy tv effect, no sound, etc.

hopefully if RIM puts out a slider they get it right. i have all the confidence that they will.
    I also had confidence they would take their time and "get it right" when it came to a touchscreen... boy was I wrong
    07-30-09 03:07 PM
    RIM did try to get it right with the Touch Screen, i couldnt even begin to count the number of people who bought Iphones and didn't like them because either they kept tapping the wrong keys since the keys were so sensitive, or would open the wrong applications, or have something in their pocket open something and use airtime. HTC and Verizon had the same problems with their WM phones. RIM solved that by employing the Surepress on the Storm thinking it would solve everyone problem... Problem is people then didn't like that. They can't make everyone happy. Personally i like the storm, wish i had the money to buy one outright, but instead my contract is up for renewal in 3 months, and i will either be picking up the storm, or waiting for the Storm 2, whenever that comes out.
    07-30-09 03:13 PM
    a storm slider would be pretty awesome
    07-31-09 01:34 AM
    Basically what I am reading is the people who would like a touch screen would also like the full keyboard. What RIMS needs to do is take the env Touch from Verizon and turn that into a Blackberry with all the good stuff like wifi, GPS, large memory, good os, etc and waaallla = perfect phone
    07-31-09 10:46 AM
    I want a storm with a full slide out querty keyboard
    07-31-09 10:51 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD